Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Griffin III - QB - Baylor

OMG this QB has really impressed me. Just take a look for yourself, and the good thing about this is that he's projected to only go in the 3rd round, but if he keeps playing like this, he won't stay there for long. Here are some of his stats:

Robert Griffin III

http://espn.go.com/c...ert-griffin-iii

Andrew Luck

http://espn.go.com/c...470/andrew-luck

You be the judge on who's doing better so far. Albite Luck has had better opponents, Griffin has done a better job.

Here are some of Griffin's videos:

We could get a real steal with this guy. He'll probably move up the big board, so I think if we could use a 2nd rounder on him, that would be huge. Thoughts on him?

Granted it's early and I still have plenty of time to be proved wrong and I'd have no problem with that, but from what I've seen of both these guys I really don't think their skill sets translate all that well to the NFL. If either has a better chance over the other though it'd be Griffin. Griffin could be successful if he winds up with the right team but I don't think the Colts are that team. I plan to watch a lot more of Baylor's games as the season goes on but this is my early impression of him.

I'm sorry but Kellen Moore does not have a very strong arm. Yes, he can throw a 40-50 yard pass but it's always a lob pass thrown to a receiver who's beaten man coverage. He's not going to get nearly as many opportunities for that type of throw in the NFL as he gets against the relatively weak teams that Boise State plays. He can get relatively good zip on a throw in the 15-20 yard range but anything over that is going to be a struggle for him.

I'm sorry but Kellen Moore does not have a very strong arm. Yes, he can throw a 40-50 yard pass but it's always a lob pass thrown to a receiver who's beaten man coverage. He's not going to get nearly as many opportunities for that type of throw in the NFL as he gets against the relatively weak teams that Boise State plays. He can get relatively good zip on a throw in the 15-20 yard range but anything over that is going to be a struggle for him.

Left handed version of Chad Pennington, IMO.

When looking at college quarterbacks, you also have to look at what kind of offense they run. If they are running a spread, it will probably be virtually impossible to move into the Colts offense quickly and changing our offense to match a skill or mindset for a qb coming out of college means we have to teach about 20 guys a new offense.

When looking at college quarterbacks, you also have to look at what kind of offense they run. If they are running a spread, it will probably be virtually impossible to move into the Colts offense quickly and changing our offense to match a skill or mindset for a qb coming out of college means we have to teach about 20 guys a new offense.

In general I would agree about a spread QB having a difficult transition to the NFL. However, the Colts are one of the few teams (others include the Pats, maybe Saints) that a spread QB might actually have an easier time transitioning to. The Colts offense is a far cry from a standard pro-style offense. I would actually consider it currently as a west coast spread (I'm calling trademark on that term :D ).

I'm not trying to make a case for either Griffin or Moore because there are other issues to take into consideration as well when referring to these 2.

I'd still go Alshon Jeffery with our first round pick, I am pretty much set on him :), have to lay the foundation for more playmaking at the WR position and for a future QB too. That would be a great start, IMO. We can get good CBs in the draft after that.

If we have the first or second pick, it would be a great spot to trade down a few spots with a LOT of teams, I just really hope we do it.

Ok I want to youtube other qbs maybe i can find one Colts fans like. Kellen Moore has a chance to play tough teams this season and he has a quick release and he is smart. I think we need a Cam Newton type of ar though. If we can trade for Brady Quinn I say do it. Moore has some highlights that show better than avg arm strength though look him up on youtube.

Ok I want to youtube other qbs maybe i can find one Colts fans like. Kellen Moore has a chance to play tough teams this season and he has a quick release and he is smart. I think we need a Cam Newton type of ar though. If we can trade for Brady Quinn I say do it. Moore has some highlights that show better than avg arm strength though look him up on youtube.

Don't need to look him up on youtube, I've seen many of his games over the last 4 yrs.. The fact remains he has a far below average arm and it's well known to anybody that has seen him play. He is a smart kid and I do like him, I just don't think he has the skills to be a franchise QB.

Brady Quinn??? No thanks, I would rather them take there chances in the draft. If the Colts don't get the 1st pick and can't get Luck then they should look at Landry Jones or Ryan Tannehill.

Don't need to look him up on youtube, I've seen many of his games over the last 4 yrs.. The fact remains he has a far below average arm and it's well known to anybody that has seen him play. He is a smart kid and I do like him, I just don't think he has the skills to be a franchise QB.

Brady Quinn??? No thanks, I would rather them take there chances in the draft. If the Colts don't get the 1st pick and can't get Luck then they should look at Landry Jones or Ryan Tannehill.

Really? You would take Tannehill over Nick Foles? Why? And I'm not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious what you see in Tannehill. I have the last Texas A&M game recorded but haven't watched it yet so I'm going to wait to hear back about this before I do so I'll know what to look for.

It's not that I don't like him, I'm just not blown away by him. Most draft reports also say he has a weak arm. He is very mobile but he's also a converted WR so yeah I'd hope he'd be athletic. lol I did think he played much better than what I would have expected from a WR turned QB and he could have a lot of upside due to being incredibly unpolished. However the arm strength concerns me.

Really? You would take Tannehill over Nick Foles? Why? And I'm not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious what you see in Tannehill. I have the last Texas A&M game recorded but haven't watched it yet so I'm going to wait to hear back about this before I do so I'll know what to look for.

It's not that I don't like him, I'm just not blown away by him. Most draft reports also say he has a weak arm. He is very mobile but he's also a converted WR so yeah I'd hope he'd be athletic. lol I did think he played much better than what I would have expected from a WR turned QB and he could have a lot of upside due to being incredibly unpolished. However the arm strength concerns me.

This is what intrigues me about Tannehill. If and only IF the Colts know that Manning can come back for at least 3 more yrs. then yes I would go with Tannehill. He has only played QB for a 1 and half yrs. and has already risen up the draft charts to the 2nd rd.. I have watched him several times and I think his arm strength is there and I like his decision making. He would be easier IMO to teach things to considering he's still learning the posistion than a guy who's been playing it for yrs. and still has a lot of questions. I could be dead wrong on the guy, but there is just something about him that looks like he can turn into an elite QB with a few more yrs. of teaching and tutelage espesially from a guy like Manning.