Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 06/15

sb41champs

I'll say A just because I haven't seen anything other than fan speculation to suggest that we are even talking to Pat about a long-term contract extension.  I think he should get one don't get me wrong I just haven't seen or heard anything about it happening. 

Umm, let's see..... we have about $6 million left..

... hmmm, I'll go with A simply because I feel like whatever is left from the Werner deal we'll go into the season with

Giving Pat a long term deal would in all likely hood lower his cap hit freeing up more money for us this season.  With that said, I haven't seen anything to suggest the Colts are looking at doing that with Pat at this point. 

I'm surprised by 2 things, 1 why aren't the Colts offering Pat a long term contract he certainly deserves it, punters dont make that much money! and 2 why hasn't Werner signed his contract yet, he doesn't seem like the type of guy that would be holding out!

Warner signs his rookie contract first.  There is time pressure to get that signed.  You usually want that done by training camp.  

McAfee, they have quite a while in which they can work out a long term deal with him.  It can be done in the season.