Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjoern Werner wanted to be with his German comrade with Giants

chad72

He did seem very happy to come to the Colts though. He said he had Freeney/Mathis on his madden team. I need to get Bjoern's PSN name.

Maybe we can draft another German with our Mr.Irrelevant pick lol then he will have someone to talk german with.

Such a shame. It was a mandatory requirement when I went to college.

I hate that movie. Love Belushi, love some of the lines from the movie (such as the speech referenced in this thread) but I've never been able to sit through the whole thing once - much less repeatedly.

And I'm not sure that EVERYONE in this thread is kidding. :D Good thing this isn't a history forum.

I hate that movie. Love Belushi, love some of the lines from the movie (such as the speech referenced in this thread) but I've never been able to sit through the whole thing once - much less repeatedly.

And I'm not sure that EVERYONE in this thread is kidding. :D Good thing this isn't a history forum.

I think he was kidding....and referencing joe biden

Perhaps Werner knows the Giant well enough to legitimately want to be his teammate, perhaps he's kidding, perhaps he's being politically correct. It's not usually a concern in football, but it reminds me that other sports often stick teammates together based on language. It amuses me because of the assumption that these players WANT to be together. It's like going out of state, and being momentarily enthused by meeting someone from "home". If you met the same people a week previously it might well have been in the context of giving them an obscene gesture as you competed to get the heck away from "home" as soon as humanly possible. Suddenly the site of a familiar license plate makes them your new best friends - without a blessed other thing in common. I always wonder about two Japanese players stuck rooming together. They might hate each other, and the fact that they share a language only makes it impossible for them to ignore each other. Yet the rest of the team thinks they're best pals, and nobody can communicate well enough to express anything to the contrary. The entire season of road trips would be like a Twilight Zone style Voyage of the Darned. haha

Just shows that we have a broad spectrum on this site.

On a serious note, I've been to Pearl several times. It's an awesome and solumn experience.

I think he was kidding....and referencing joe biden

I sincerely hope so. I'd like to think that I don't care what people think, but frankly my ego is too fragile to joke in that manner without ample use of emoticons.

Just shows that we have a broad spectrum on this site.

On a serious note, I've been to Pearl several times. It's an awesome and solumn experience.

Cool. Do you live in Hawaii? Military? Otherwise I'd have to say "you lucky :cuss: "   haha

Yes, broad spectrum. Just like some antibiotics. :P Hey, even if someone spent every history class for 12 years dreaming about football, and never watched anything on tv besides ESPN, who am I to judge. It's all good.

Actually if you watched ESPN long enough you could probably learn about Pearl Harbor there as well. It's kind of hard to escape.

Cool. Do you live in Hawaii? Military? Otherwise I'd have to say "you lucky :cuss: "   haha

Yes, broad spectrum. Just like some antibiotics. :P Hey, even if someone spent every history class for 12 years dreaming about football, and never watched anything on tv besides ESPN, who am I to judge. It's all good.

Actually if you watched ESPN long enough you could probably learn about Pearl Harbor there as well. It's kind of hard to escape.

Nope, I'm a Buckeye in Bama. But I do work for the military and have been there on business and vacation. Never been to the pro bowl though.

Nope, I'm a Buckeye in Bama. But I do work for the military and have been there on business and vacation. Never been to the pro bowl though.

Wow.

I've been to Pennsylvania "several times", but found their beaches lacking. :D

Do you have link/source for Allen hating coming here?

it's well documented but he's over it now.  he had certain teams , mainly one, in mind and the Colts were definelty not in his plans, he treated people in the Colts org. on the phone very rudely but the next day he called the OC and/or Tight Ends coach to apologize.