Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on Gillislee in 3rd?

A very good all around back who can do it all ..Reminds me of Thurman Thomas. WE NEED ANOTHER BACK TO GO ALONG WITH BALLARD ...BROWN HAS NO VISION AND MAY AS WELL BE BLINDFOLDED AND CARTER GETS HURT AND FUMBLES....I've received a lot of negative feedback on Lacy although I think he is a Pro Bowl back, but I would settle for Gillislee in 3rd...Also, I like Kenjon Barner in the 5th or 6th as a Darren Sproles type...Thoughts and opinions??You can't have too many playmakers in my opinion, remember greatest show on turf in St. Louis?? I believe we are a dynamic running back and a guard away from replicating that...DHB will fit the west coast perfect and will show his talent with Luck as his QB and could be the best move we made in free agency his hands aren't is bad as people say and he had 3 head coaches, 4 OC's, and seven terrible QB's throwing him the ball....

This team is solid at RB...    IF Brown can stay in the game.    Brown and Ballard are a "great" pair.     

No back can do it all alone....     unless his name is Peterson or Sanders,.     

I think our upgraded OL will have many on this site tooting the Brown/Ballard horn by mid season.

"the KILLER B'S"    you heard it here first.....

This team is solid at RB...    IF Brown can stay in the game.    Brown and Ballard are a "great" pair.     

No back can do it all alone....     unless his name is Peterson or Sanders,.     

I think our upgraded OL will have many on this site tooting the Brown/Ballard horn by mid season.

"the KILLER B'S"    you heard it here first.....

Brown is terrible.....he can't find the hole, all he has is straight line speed and he goes down if you look at him funny....

You meant this guy?

Dudes only problem is staying healthy......      

He made some plays, but he missed a LOT of holes, thats why a rookie 5th round pick supplanted him....I never denied he has speed and when he manages to see the hole and go he's gone, I want him to do good don't get me wrong he is just not reliable at all, he can block and hit the occasional big play. I still have hope we can use him as a receiver out of the backfield more which is where I think he can be at his best..

If both back are healthy Vick Ballard is not going to walk into TC and just get the ball handed to him.    I guarantee both will be sharing the ball.     With Ballard getting the goal line carries.

But Brown has got to stay healthy....     this is his last chance at it...    With Indy.

I don't want to spend anything higher than a 5 on a RB....  (yes, I know as of now we don't have a 5)

The strength of the draft is defense....   so teams (including the Colts) will be snapping up as much defensive talent as they can...   that will push some quality WR's,  RB's and OL down lower than they would otherwise normally be drafted...   so a decent one will be found in R's 5 and 6....

I think we can find one there....

I don't want to spend anything higher than a 5 on a RB....  (yes, I know as of now we don't have a 5)

The strength of the draft is defense....   so teams (including the Colts) will be snapping up as much defensive talent as they can...   that will push some quality WR's,  RB's and OL down lower than they would otherwise normally be drafted...   so a decent one will be found in R's 5 and 6....

I think we can find one there....

I don't object to that....Barner could be a Sproles like player if he falls to the 6th or Stepfan Taylor would'nt be a bad choice....I'd just like a back that's a change of pace either big and fast like Lacy Or Ball or speedy like Barner, another possibility in the 6th or 7th would be Maysonet out of Stony Brooke he could be a steal...Carter is good 3rd back, I just hope we can get a back to replace Brown and just trade him for whatever we can get...He will more than likely be hurt half the year again anyways..

I agree that you have to fill other positions.  Remember the Colts only have 3 picks in first 5 rounds (no 2nd round pick and no 5th round pick).  With that in mind, a RB does not make sense.  You have to get a OL and a LB with 2 of those 3 picks.

The Colts have to manufacture a 4th pick in the first 5 rounds.  That means giving up a 2014 draft choice for a 2013 pick for this years draft.  Most likely that would mean giving up a 2nd rounder in 2014 for a 3rd rounder now, or giving up a 3rd rounder in 2014 for a 4th rounder now.  If they do that, they will have 4 picks in the first 5 rounds, and thereby, be able to address more needs within the first 5 rounds.  In that scenario, a RB as part of the 4 picks in the first 5 rounds, could happen.

The pick in the 6th and the two in the 7th are for depth, and maybe you pick up a RB and another OL prospect in those picks.

No offense to OP, but RB is NOT a need.  Ballard has amazing talent, Brown DOES have vision and speed and the ability to score on every touch (if he has *some* blocking).  And Carter has a bad rap, but I still think he'll be our bruiser, between the tackles runner, goal line RB.  Carter had 2 fumbles and basically didn't get another chance.  And I'll repeat what others have said, "OUR O-LINE WAS TERRIBLE LAST YEAR"