Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tracy Porter signs with Raiders

SilentHill

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9124970/oakland-raiders-tracy-porter-agree-deal-source

I found this interesting. Playing Denver 2x a year. He has had Manning's number in the past. How do the Broncos fans feel about this?

I am a Colts fan but I would like to comment on this since it is a Colts forum :).

Porter had Manning's number on that one pick six. Other than that, he has not played Peyton enough times to even warrant such a conclusion, just my two cents. If there is someone who has Peyton's number, the ones who have the most merit would be Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, and Ed Reed who have picked him off in the regular season and playoffs several times.

Porter is a bad tackler and cant stay healthy, which has been the main issue lately. That was the reason he was let go by the Saints that he won the NFCCG and SB for with his playmaking, and same reason why the Broncos let him go after 1 season. If he is healthy, yes, he can make plays as an outside CB. But if he is asked to provide run support a lot, he will get more concussions and might be out of the league pretty soon since he has also had seizure issues lately.

Bayone might have more info on those seizures since I remember him covering those seizures in a more detailed fashion.

I am a Colts fan but I would like to comment on this since it is a Colts forum :).

Porter had Manning's number on that one pick six. Other than that, he has not played Peyton enough times to even warrant such a conclusion, just my two cents. If there is someone who has Peyton's number, the ones who have the most merit would be Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, and Ed Reed who have picked him off in the regular season and playoffs several times.

Porter is a bad tackler and cant stay healthy, which has been the main issue lately. That was the reason he was let go by the Saints that he won the NFCCG and SB for with his playmaking, and same reason why the Broncos let him go after 1 season. If he is healthy, yes, he can make plays as an outside CB. But if he is asked to provide run support a lot, he will get more concussions and might be out of the league pretty soon since he has also had seizure issues lately.

Bayone might have more info on those seizures since I remember him covering those seizures in a more detailed fashion.

No, your not allowed to comment :P

On the "had his number" I think one huge pick like that, has the value of at least 10 regular season picks lol.

No, your not allowed to comment :P

On the "had his number" I think one huge pick like that, has the value of at least 10 regular season picks lol.

Ty Law should rank on Mt. Everest then, w.r.t Peyton, lol :)

He probably has 5 playoff picks himself in 2 games from what I can remember. Rodney Harrison probably has 2 or 3.

Porter being in the NFC could play Peyton only in the SB. It was a shame because Peyton had played a very good game till that pick. Both Brees and Peyton passed for an average of 40 plus times and both completed more than 30 passes. Bethea was in spot to pick Brees off in the 1st qtr. and did not and Porter was in spot to pick Peyton off in the 4th qtr. and did, it is just how things went. Sad day as a Colts fan, all the ifs and buts with Freeney, Baskett etc. :(

Tracy Porter should be banned from all Colts websites. I would imagine his name conjures the same nightmares as David Tyree does for Pats fans...

Not really I think Hank Banskett does draw nightmares.

Pick or no pick, the defense wouldn't have stopped the Saints from milking the clock and kicking the winning field goal.

Not really I think Hank Banskett does draw nightmares.

Pick or no pick, the defense wouldn't have stopped the Saints from milking the clock and kicking the winning field goal.

Maybe I don't recall the game correctly but wasn't Manning/Colts driving with just minutes to go down 7 to tie the game? How would the Saints have milked the clock if he scored on that drive instead of throwing the pick six?

Maybe I don't recall the game correctly but wasn't Manning/Colts driving with just minutes to go down 7 to tie the game? How would the Saints have milked the clock if he scored on that drive instead of throwing the pick six?

He threw the pick with 3:24 left at NO 26. If we scored the Saints have 2 minutes and change left maybe even more because they had all three TOs.

So 24-24, Saints ball. We did not stop them since the final two minutes of the second quarter, the goaline stand. The Saints ran 23 offensive plays in the second half, and only had one third down. They failed to convert, but still got 3 points. Drew Brees was 17/18 in the second half, and the Saints had one negative play, a kneel down. They were just moving at will. I didn't see our defense stopping them. They get within field goal range, run a feww plays make us burn our 3 TOs. Saints win on a FG.

I'm not absolving Peyton of the interception because it was horrible/heart crushing/whatever else you want to call it. The game just felt over before then.

He threw the pick with 3:24 left at NO 26. If we scored the Saints have 2 minutes and change left maybe even more because they had all three TOs.

So 24-24, Saints ball. We did not stop them since the final two minutes of the second quarter, the goaline stand. The Saints ran 23 offensive plays in the second half, and only had one third down. They failed to convert, but still got 3 points. Drew Brees was 17/18 in the second half, and the Saints had one negative play, a kneel down. They were just moving at will. I didn't see our defense stopping them. They get within field goal range, run a feww plays make us burn our 3 TOs. Saints win on a FG.

I'm not absolving Peyton of the interception because it was horrible/heart crushing/whatever else you want to call it. The game just felt over before then.

wow. talk about throwing in the towel. The Colts were actually just outside the 30 with a third and 5 when Peyton threw the pick six with 3:24 to go. If he converts that first down, he would be the one milking the clock. Colts most likely run inside the 25 and take it to the two minute warning before the Saints start to use timeouts. My feeling is if the Colts scored there, Brees may have had about a minute a left and may have thrown a pick himself as he is just as likely to throw a pick six as a TD at times. I mean I think you have to give Peyton credit that he would know how to run the clock down as he has done it time and time again in his career.

wow. talk about throwing in the towel. The Colts were actually just outside the 30 with a third and 5 when Peyton threw the pick six with 3:24 to go. If he converts that first down, he would be the one milking the clock. Colts most likely run inside the 25 and take it to the two minute warning before the Saints start to use timeouts. My feeling is if the Colts scored there, Brees may have had about a minute a left and may have thrown a pick himself as he is just as likely to throw a pick six as a TD at times. I mean I think you have to give Peyton credit that he would know how to run the clock down as he has done it time and time again in his career.

But the mojo had just shifted in that game. It is probably easier to see it if you had a horse in the race. Brees was not missing passes, and our D was not stopping anything. It is hard to feel otherwise. The only thing I felt Peyton could have saved is some legacy tarnishment by at least tying the score at 24-24. I still was not confident that the Colts' D was winning it.

Plus, their kicker Hartley set a SB record for 3 40+ FGs in a SB too, so the odds of him missing another was low too, considering he won the NFCCG with a game winning FG in OT.

Plus, the SB, it is flat out hard to win if you are down by a TD in the 4th qtr. Big Ben came back with a 3 pt. deficit, Eli with a 4 pt. deficit but a TD deficit, it is easier said than done, it is for all the marbles there and more often than not, the team that stays ahead by a TD in the 4th qtr. normally wins in a SB.

But the mojo had just shifted in that game. It is probably easier to see it if you had a horse in the race. Brees was not missing passes, and our D was not stopping anything. It is hard to feel otherwise. The only thing I felt Peyton could have saved is some legacy tarnishment by at least tying the score at 24-24. I still was not confident that the Colts' D was winning it.

Plus, their kicker Hartley set a SB record for 3 40+ FGs in a SB too, so the odds of him missing another was low too, considering he won the NFCCG with a game winning FG in OT.

Plus, the SB, it is flat out hard to win if you are down by a TD in the 4th qtr. Big Ben came back with a 3 pt. deficit, Eli with a 4 pt. deficit but a TD deficit, it is easier said than done, it is for all the marbles there and more often than not, the team that stays ahead by a TD in the 4th qtr. normally wins in a SB.

Down by 7 is still one score. I do agree NO was moving the ball but with all the marbles as you say on the line, would have liked to see how Brees would have responded. I think he could have easily threw a pick as easily as a TD.

IMO, Peyton did more to hurt his legacy in the post-season with that pick six than any other play in his career.

Down by 7 is still one score. I do agree NO was moving the ball but with all the marbles as you say on the line, would have liked to see how Brees would have responded. I think he could have easily threw a pick as easily as a TD.

IMO, Peyton did more to hurt his legacy in the post-season with that pick six than any other play in his career.

2 starting CBs were hurt and we were playing Cover 2 with a hobbled/ineffective Freeney, there was a reason Brees was completing all those passes. It wasn't suddenly going to change, the personnel or scheme, given the history of conservative Dungy/Meeks ball. You will never be able to convince a Colts fan who has witnessed the "DB cushion" for years that Brees was just going to buck the trend with that last drive. But yeah, first things first, had to get it to 24-24 to even roll the dice.

However, 100% agree on that bolded part. 6 TDs (2 vs Ravens, 3 vs Jets, 1 vs Saints) and 1 Ed Reed INT in the playoffs (recovered by Garcon's hustle) until that fatal Tracy Porter pick six. Peyton was in fact having a great playoffs until that point. I bet he'd settle for 3 TDs and 7 INTs with a SB win with #1 rush O and D in the playoffs  :).

Maybe I was throwing the towel, but the playing not to lose strategy of Caldwell simply turned into Peyton try to bail me out again. The pick 6 drive was played with such desperation. The offense was trying to move as quickly as they could to tie the game. Yes you are right, they were just outside the Saints 30, but I said NO's 26 because that is where the pick happened.

I would have to disagree about Brees throwing a pick. That wasn't going to happen. The CBs weren't defending anything, and absolutely no pressure on Brees.

Granted yes Peyton would have run the clock out. Just the situation accounted for no mistakes whatsoever. One bad run could have really killed us. So the mindset was just score. Not we have time to settle, and take it easy.

If we won the call on the two point conversion, which it was the right call, so maybe saying stopping the conversion is better; it would have put us in such a better position. I like the idea down 22-17 better than 24-24 even though both are within a score. The chance of winning is a lot better than having to tie the game, and knowing the other team will still get the ball.

And I do agree with you that pick six really puts a damper on his legacy. But winning another ring will most likely overshadow it.

Just a side note: I've said many times on this board if Stover makes the FG for us to go up 20-16. Saints don't go for two. Then on the "pick six" drive we are down 23-20 making that drive much less desperation. And probably would have went into OT.

2 starting CBs were hurt and we were playing Cover 2 with a hobbled/ineffective Freeney, there was a reason Brees was completing all those passes. It wasn't suddenly going to change, the personnel or scheme, given the history of conservative Dungy/Meeks ball. You will never be able to convince a Colts fan who has witnessed the "DB cushion" for years that Brees was just going to buck the trend with that last drive. But yeah, first things first, had to get it to 24-24 to even roll the dice.

However, 100% agree on that bolded part. 6 TDs (2 vs Ravens, 3 vs Jets, 1 vs Saints) and 1 Ed Reed INT in the playoffs (recovered by Garcon's hustle) until that fatal Tracy Porter pick six. Peyton was in fact having a great playoffs until that point. I bet he'd settle for 3 TDs and 7 INTs with a SB win with #1 rush O and D in the playoffs  :).

Yes, you are right. He was having a very good playoff run that year. I am sure he would take the 7 picks and 3 TDs for another ring too. I mean Big Ben wears his first SB ring just the same despite a 22 QBR. :-)

Yes, you are right. He was having a very good playoff run that year. I am sure he would take the 7 picks and 3 TDs for another ring too. I mean Big Ben wears his first SB ring just the same despite a 22 QBR. :-)

Hey when you beat the #1, #2, and #3 defenses in the league that's special.

I'm talking about Manning of course.