Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Hunter

It's very possible they can..the question that remains to be seen is will they..?? that's why I would perfer a more proven player in the draft, and not really a player that needs developing with our 24th pick. I personally, think keenan allen, cordarrelle patterson, deandre hopkins, and tavon austin would all be much more solid additions at 24..Assuming we don't trade back or even go wr with this pick. And for the record I'm not locked in about going wr in the first anyways.

If want a proven plug and play guy its not Patterson.  I love the guys talent though.  Allen, Hopkins, and Hunter IMO can start day 1.

It will be interesting to see who is available at #24 when the Colts pick is up. If Geno Smith is the only QB taken at that point, perhaps some other teams look to trade up. Another thought is if the Lions go with Eric Fisher or Dion Jordan at #5, and if Trufant is available, perhaps they may be willing to part with a high pick in 2014 to move up.

If we trade down into the early 2nd, there should be a couple of good wide receivers to choose from. I could see Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, and Quinton Patton being available. I think any of those three would be a solid addition. Plus, we should pick up, hopefully, an extra pick in 2014 and probably a later pick in 2013.

What a receiving core....a nightmare to defend i would think....

Honestly, off the "highlights" alone.....Rogers might be the most impressive....IMO

Rodgers seems to be an afterthought to a lot of people.  He has tons of talent and looks like he has his personal issues straight.

Blurb from Rotoworld:

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson dropped just 4.2 percent of his intended targets in 2012.

The drop rate compares favorably to Keenan Allen (4.7 percent), Terrance Williams (5.8 percent), and especially Vols teammate Justin Hunter (12.1 percent). Although draftniks have nitpicked Patterson's tendency to "body catch" as opposed to secure passes with his hands, his efficiency wasn't an issue in college. Patterson is expected to be drafted in the 11-27 range this April.

Well, with the money paid to Cherilus, it's obvious the team views him as our RT.  Donald Thomas will likely fill out the RG spot as well, with Satele as our C.  That means our Oline will consist of:  

Castonzo, LG, Satele, Thomas, Cherilus.  

Not sure who our LG is at this point, but I think we have quite a few G's on our roster. 

With the money we paid Toler, the team expects him to be our #2 Corner with Butler playing the Nickel (that could flip, though)  Vaughn rounds out the CB position as our #4.

Our need at Safety is greatly reduced by the Landry signing.  It would be silly to spend a 1st round pick on a SS after paying Landry.  Bethea will be the FS.

Our Dline is actually looking pretty solid right now with Redding, Franklin, and Jean-Francois with Moala, Nevis, Mckinney all as depth.

We also Have Mathis at OLB to be paired up with Walden (who was paid well) with Sidbury and Hughes as back-ups.  That position seems set.  ILB will likely be Freeman, Conner, Angerer, and someone else.

So, IMO, that leaves us with a need to replace Avery.  I think our 2 biggest needs going into the draft are now WR, and another OG.  However, I don't think there will be a G worthy of #24.  There will probably be at least ONE receiver worthy of it.  (Hunter, Hopkins, etc)  

I'm not saying we HAVE to go WR, but I wont be surprised if we do.

I would be much happier with TY Hilton as a starter at wide receiver than most of the guys you listed as starters. Our D-line sucks. It is still very old. There are no long term starters and the jury is very still much out on Chapman. Erik Walden is garbage. A core of Wayne, Allen, Fleener, and Hilton are great pass catching options for Luck. 

I would be much happier with TY Hilton as a starter at wide receiver than most of the guys you listed as starters. Our D-line sucks. It is still very old. There are no long term starters and the jury is very still much out on Chapman. Erik Walden is garbage. A core of Wayne, Allen, Fleener, and Hilton are great pass catching options for Luck. 

What are you basing this off of?

There play last year and ecause Chapman is unproven, Nevis belongs in a 4-3. Franklin is way on the wrong side of 30, Mckinney is 30 when the seaosn starts, RJF statistically has done much of nothing in his short career. Redding is always hurt.

Chapman would have been a first-second round pick if he wasn't coming off of an injury, we play a 4-3 on passing situations ( a lot on 3rd down) so it's not like Nevis just rides the bench, Franklin was one of the better run stopping NTs in the league last year, RJF was above average when he played, but got little playing time from being behind the best D-line in the league, and Redding played 14 games last season. I mean, 2 of our startes last year won't even be starters next season and the one that is played fantastic last year so I don't understand why you're basing how good they'll play of of what Moala and Johnson did.

Chapman would have been a first-second round pick if he wasn't coming off of an injury, we play a 4-3 on passing situations ( a lot on 3rd down) so it's not like Nevis just rides the bench, Franklin was one of the better run stopping NTs in the league last year, RJF was above average when he played, but got little playing time from being behind the best D-line in the league, and Redding played 14 games last season. I mean, 2 of our startes last year won't even be starters next season and the one that is played fantastic last year so I don't understand why you're basing how good they'll play of of what Moala and Johnson did.

We don't even know if Chapman can play. Again Franklin is still old and won't be around past this season possibly. I was wrong about redding and injuries I was thinking of Mckinney who again will be 30 at the start of this year. People get to worried about receivers. QB's make their receivers. Can win without great receivers. 

We don't even know if Chapman can play. Again Franklin is still old and won't be around past this season possibly. I was wrong about redding and injuries I was thinking of Mckinney who again will be 30 at the start of this year. People get to worried about receivers. QB's make their receivers. Can win without great receivers.

Give the line a chance before you go bashing them also walden was one of the best at stoping the run that's why he is on the team for that's the main reason they signed him

By that logic drafting D line wont do anything because we wont know if they can play.  You can win without great receivers but look what happend when Brady had ok receivers then got Moss,  it was night and day.

By that logic drafting D line wont do anything because we wont know if they can play.  You can win without great receivers but look what happend when Brady had ok receivers then got Moss,  it was night and day.

And he has still yet to win a super bowl now that his o-line and defense have gone down hill. The draft isn't also just about this year. Mckinnie, redding, franklin are all going to be on the wrong side of 30. Chapman is still unproven but if he pans out and if we pair him with Jesse Williams we will have a incredibly domiant d-line with 2 huge anchors.

And he has still yet to win a super bowl now that his o-line and defense have gone down hill. The draft isn't also just about this year. Mckinnie, redding, franklin are all going to be on the wrong side of 30. Chapman is still unproven but if he pans out and if we pair him with Jesse Williams we will have a incredibly domiant d-line with 2 huge anchors.

I agree that they havent won the Superbowl since the Pats D hasnt been great like it once was.  Im not saying if there is a possibly great Dlineman there you dont take him.  But just saying you have to go Dline is a bad way to draft when you are sitting at the #24 pick.