Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I like T Y, but it's going to be a good WR available rnd 1

why not take him in the first? he is one heck of a kid. highly underrated.

He is good, but not that good. Typically, a guard or center has to be a complete stud to be first round material....of course if grigson takes him that high I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, based on our latest moves, the addition of RJF and Landry, I'm seeing that our most viable option in round 1 is now a Guard, Center, or a WR.

To me, they've grabbed two guys for the OL and paid one handsomely.  The other is still being paid a starter's salary, so he'll most likely get every opportunity to grab a starting spot, and I assume he'll have one.

We could stand an upgrade, but I dunno that drafting a C in round 1 is going to dictate that we replace Satele right away.  If one of the top guards falls, I could see us replacing the other guard without much issue.

I still think we're going to see at a minimum 3 prospects at WR that are worth taking.  My guesses would be:

Patterson

Hopkins

Allen

-----------------------

Patton

Williams

Woods

The line above is based on the thought that the 3 guys below the line are slated at 40+ on the NFL.com grades, and would be wise to trade down later in the 1st or at the top of the 2nd to acquire.

I still think we should be able to grab Hopkins or Allen though, based on those grades.  Either looks to be a 1st round talent.  Either compares favorably to current NFL talent.

I would only stipulate that the final 3 would be wise to be drafted with our 1st pick if Grigson sees something truly special in.  The problem with trading down and guessing that your player is going to fall is there may be another GM with the same analysis of the same player who is just a pick ahead of you that will nab that player.  That doesn't mean you should reach, but if you feel strongly enough, by all means make the selection.

This whole talk about the draft not being a strong WR class is moot when you pick at #24.  There isn't a Julio Jones/AJ Green/Calvin Johnson prospect in the list, so of course the class isn't very strong.  But, we're picking at a spot where most of the top WRs will still be available.  I just hope the selection we see is someone who has a chance to contribute right away, and I think the WR is the one position with a glaring need.

lmao, embarrassed? You started this thing by asking if i knew the definition iof oxymoron. You really had no reason to chime in on this other than to try and make me look bad, or to try to stroke your ego with a forum argument. that is sad. only be embarrassed of yourself. I know I am for you. I did not insenuate anything. People here are overly sensitive and judgemental anymore. Change your tampon bro. You can let me know whatever you want, it's your opinion, not mine. Again just like Brian, if someone doesn't agree with your opinion, you feel the need to prove yourself even further. Please be done with this cause I know I am. Say whatever you want, I'm no longer responding to you. Good day.

I agree! Anton...tone it down. This is not The View.

In my opinion, we have two senarios for a quality wide receiver.

OPTION #1

1. Austin WR or Patterson WR or Jones DE, Williams DT, Hankins DT

3. Frederick G or Bostic LB

4. Lemonier LB or Harper WR...

OPTION #2

1. Trade Out

2. Warford G or Hopkins WR

3. Frederick G or Bostic LB

3. Lemonier LB or Winters G or Rogers WR

4. Harper WR or Pugh G...