Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Im not liking these signings

Charliemac24

I am not going to bash Grigson at all. A lot of fans say they don't like this or that but I have faith in Grigson. If all of these signings don't work out that wouldn't be that unusual. I understand everyone wanting a big name but most of the time these big names never work out. For some reason too many fans think the Colts needed help all over the place. Well the Colts didn't get a 11-5 record by being all that bad. Grigson's draft was very strong and I think his judgement on talent should not be questioned till it all works out. There seems to be a lot of fans who think they know more than Grigson. Well he didn't get to be the GM of the year by making bad choices. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the whole thread, so it might have been said, but can we get these thoughts out of our heads?

Ok, so the last part was just because the rest rhymed. What I wanted to say was "...can why just say that perhaps the 'sources' who were talking prior to free agency, at least about the Colts, were a bunch of bunk?" Look, it doesn't seem the Colts really wanted Vasquez, who they were really after. Maybe they didn't really want Kruger or Avril or Levitre or any of the big names we all heard."

Perhaps it's not the Colts who missed, but the talking heads and 'sources' who got it all wrong. I've advocated an approach like this since the Dolphins first year turn around under Parcells (before that went down the chute the next season or so). Parcells signed good football players, not marquee names, to build an entire team. With the exception of Walden being overpaid, the rest fits that mold greatly. Cherilus is one of the top paid RTs, yes, but that's because Luck is the base of the team. Smart, quality non-name players make a better team than two or three big name guys. Look at the Pats in their Super Bowl heyday - a few marquee names, a remarkably rounded team. That's what I think will always work - a bunch of good guys with a few great guys.

I didn't realize you were an expert who should be working in a front office somewhere. I bow down to you.

I appreciate the response, but I think it's misplaced. I'm not saying he's overpaid for his talent, but overpaid for that philosophy. I never claimed otherwise, but I can see where that lacked clarity.

This is the second time this logic has been used on me, I'll repeat the same theme - you're saying I'm not a football coach so can't give my opinion on players? Well, both positive and negative opinions are opinions, so on the same track logic not allowed to give opinions either, positive or negative. Think Reggie had a great year? Tough, you're not a coach, you're not allowed opinions.

speak your mind, do as you please.. but don't sound like an *... and you my friend.. SOUND LIKE A BIG BIG *..