Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's Play Did You Like Sunday?

mightisright

So we sucked as a team. But there were some players that were really were doing well. First off, Joe Addai and Delone Carter were about as good as it gets for our colts. And Antoine Bethea was a beast. Who else did you like? I had to study, with an exam today, so I wasn't concentrating on the game.

And do you think they'll adjust and get better as a team? To me, the o-line looked like it was improving. Maybe I'm just a homer, but it did seem to me like they got better yesterday. Not good enough, by any stretch, but better. Can they get it together with Collins under center?

So we sucked as a team. But there were some players that were really were doing well. First off, Joe Addai and Delone Carter were about as good as it gets for our colts. And Antoine Bethea was a beast. Who else did you like? I had to study, with an exam today, so I wasn't concentrating on the game.

And do you think they'll adjust and get better as a team? To me, the o-line looked like it was improving. Maybe I'm just a homer, but it did seem to me like they got better yesterday. Not good enough, by any stretch, but better. Can they get it together with Collins under center?

There were a lot of guys that played well yesterday.

On Offensive - AC, Reitz, Saturder, Pollack (came in the 2nd quarter when Diem went down.) Addai, Carter, Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark, Eldridge.

On the defensive side, Freeney, Nevis, Mathis, Moala, Angerer, Wheeler, Bethea, Powers. (Bullitt and Conner had solid games but both made so key mistakes that lead to big plays. Bullitt was slow transitioning to the outside of his zone on the TD catch and then to miss that tackle in the 4th to allow the TD that put the game out of reach is not good and Conner is not very good in coverage.

ST - AV, MacAfee and Snow.

On Offensive - AC, Reitz, Saturder, Pollack (came in the 2nd quarter when Diem went down.) Addai, Carter, Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark, Eldridge.

On the defensive side, Freeney, Nevis, Mathis, Moala, Angerer, Wheeler, Bethea, Powers. (Bullitt and Conner had solid games but both made so key mistakes that lead to big plays. Bullitt was slow transitioning to the outside of his zone on the TD catch and then to miss that tackle in the 4th to allow the TD that put the game out of reach is not good and Conner is not very good in coverage.

It looked to me like Saturday kept getting blown off or through. Bullitt made some dumb mistakes. But Wayne seemed to really be pulling out all the stops. Of course, he can't throw AND catch the ball!

Bullet was Garbage he gave up the 20+yard TD run to Hillis..Our Front 7 look great holdin Hillis to a 3.5 yard per rush and the Browns as a team to 3.1 yardsPerRush..Conner is the real deal..Freeney had a great game..Addai and Carter ran good, Carter was a great draft pick he looked fast ecspecially for his size and he is as srong as he looks..Powers, Bethea made some great tackles..really not to bad a game for the defense we just couldnt get into the endzo when it counted most.

I realize we have some defensive issues, but honestly, we are not built to win with our defense. We are built to maintain and to slow down the other team, in hopes of trading touchdowns (for us) with field goals (for them). Our Offense is what held us back. I put that directly on our Offensive Coordinator. With the weapons we still have on offense, a constant barrage of field goals is ridiculous. If we start with three touchdowns, instead of three field goals, we are not having this conversation. We ran the ball well! We need to develop some play action with our sprouting run game.

This coaching staff has been content to ride the coat tales of Peyton. We now can see what we truly have. We have several nice gentlemen, who are great mentors, but not great coaches. This has been, and will continue to be, a very interesting year. This team will grow from this in one form or another.

Castonzo has been a revelation. I haven't seen the guy make a single mistake in both games. He's also the only guy (not really sure about Diem) that hasn't allowed a sack, and nearly no pressures with that. We have to build our line around him.

The backs were really good, and complimented perfectly.

Finally on Defense there's not much to like. But Freeney had some good pressures today, Angerer played extremely solid at MIKE (watch out Brackett) and Bethea was his usual self, making great plays, particularly a play where he tackled Hillis for no gain, he completely destroyed him.

Good:

Freeney

Mathis

Angerer

Carter

Addai

Clark

Vinatieri

Conner

Bethea

The left side of the O-Line: Costanzo and Reitz

(Honorable mention Wheeler: Caused a fumble but, Conner and Angerer overshadowed his performance)

The Run Game

Bad:

Bullitt

Garcon

Tryon

Defensive Secondary

Ugly:

Right side of the O-Line: Diem and Linkenbach

Collins

Lacey

Special Teams Kick and Punt Coverage

I think next year is going to be a great year for us if Peyton is back. The higher draft picks we will have will only make things better. Too early to say wait until next year? I don't think so unless someone is going to give us a quality qb this year or one that can run.

Go Colts!!

With our o-line, he needs to be able to run for his life!

Good:

Freeney

Mathis

Angerer

Carter

Addai

Clark

Vinatieri

Conner

Bethea

The left side of the O-Line: Costanzo and Reitz

(Honorable mention Wheeler: Caused a fumble but, Conner and Angerer overshadowed his performance)

The Run Game

Bad:

Bullitt

Garcon

Tryon

Defensive Secondary

Ugly:

Right side of the O-Line: Diem and Linkenbach

Collins

Lacey

Special Teams Kick and Punt Coverage

And Reggie????

Garcon? Collie? Eldridge? I hope you not saying they had good games kause they had 1 catch..

Garcon? Collie? Eldridge? I hope you not saying they had good games kause they had 1 catch..

Actually Garcon and Collie had 3 catches each and I am. I wasn't judging their game by their stats, it wasn't Collie's or Garcon's fault that Collins couldn't get them the ball at the right time. But both were running good routes and getting open. Both Collie and Garcon blocked well in the run game and if you think Eldridge's job is to catch passes then you lack a basic understanding of the Colts offense that explaining how he was an excellent blocker all game would not accomplish much.

IMO, the loss falls on the shoulders of 4 players, Collins, Link, Lacey and Bullitt (Bullitt played a solid game overall but he made two costly mistakes and each resulted in a TD)