Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FLS 2013 Mock Draft & Free Agency

Noteable Free Agency Signings : 

OG Louis Vasquez - Lou's agent has already gone on record saying he fully expects a call from the Colts on Saturday when the legal tampering begins. It looks like the Chargers are still wanting to retain him, but he also wants to explore all his options. I see him in Blue and White next season. 

CB Cary Williams - I don't think he's the best option on the market, but I do believe he can be the 2nd best corner on the team. With the Colts retaining Vaughn and Gordy, while trying to resign Powers... I think they are just after a Robin to Davis' Batman. I'm hoping that we'll only see Vaughn if someone gets injured next season. Could also use later rounds of draft for help or pick up another FA when the dust settles. 

OLB Paul Kruger - I don't really like Kruger that much, but I think they can use him in rotation with Hughes and at least be better in pass rush than last year. I don't think Connor Barwin is going to play with the Colts even though he would be a more attractive option in my opinion. 

OT Sebastian Vollmer - Arguably the best tackle other than Winston on the market right now, I think Vollmer wants to and can play left tackle. This could bump Castonzo over to RT which would be interesting and probably for the best. Castonzo was a liability in pass protection last year but our best run blocker by a wide margin. Seems better suited for the right side and Vollmer would be a solid left tackle.

2013 NFL Draft : 

1st Round : Kawann Short DE Purdue - Do you know what there is a serious lack of both on the Colts roster and the Free Agency market? A 3-4 DE with IMPACT. I realize everyone is clamoring for a CB/OLB/OL here but the fact is, all of those are in abundance both in free agency and in the upcoming draft. A good 3-4 DE is a serious need for the Colts as it has a direct impact on the effectiveness of our linebackers. Kawann Short is an animal that is great against the run, commands a double team and can get to the QB. He's played all over the D-line at Purdue in multiple fronts. The way I see the draft going, he's the best value in an area of need at 24. 

3rd Round : Shamarko Thomas SS Syracuse - He was compared to Bob Sanders and he ate turf on his 40 at the combine. All signs point to becoming a Colt. Some think he could sneak into the 2nd round, but for now I still think he'll be available at the end of the 3rd. 

4th Round : Alvin Bailey OG Akransas - Another able body to compete for a starting position immediately on the O-line that needs a lot of interior help. 

6th Round : Montori Hughes NT Tenn-Martin - More bang for our collective buck. With this selection, it would be a training camp competition between Chapman and Hughes for the starting job and we'd likely see McKinney cut. Would be great to have 2 effective NT's rotating to keep fresh. 

Starting Offense : 

Wayne                                       Vollmer Vasquez Shipley Bailey Castonzo   Fleener                 Hilton

Allen 

Luck

Ballard 

Starting Defense : 

Bethea                                          Thomas 

Davis                                                                                                                                 Williams

Kruger                     Freeman            Connor              Mathis

Short                  Chapman          Redding

Just curious, is there any reason you like Short more than Datone Jones or do just not see Jones falling to us?

I think Datone Jones is there but where do you play him? He is 283lbs...not quite the size I'm looking for in a 3-4 DE. Needs to be closer to 300lbs. Remember, the point of a DE is to consume multiple bodies on the O-line so that our LB's can rush. I haven't seen much from Jones on tape in that sense, but Short...I see that all the time. 

Do we re-sign Butler to work the slot in this scenario?

That is not taken into consideration here. I just heard the news yesterday that we are retaining Vaughn and Gordy while trying to resign Powers. Ideally...I'd resign Butler and let Powers walk. 

Pretty good job, but I wouldn't move Castanzo for Vollmer. Vollmer would be better on the right side and I still believe that Castanzo is developing nicely into a LT. I know many want to give up on him being a LT already, but like I've said before, it normally takes till the 3rd yr. for OT's to get completely comfortable making the jump to the pro's.

I think Datone Jones is there but where do you play him? He is 283lbs...not quite the size I'm looking for in a 3-4 DE. Needs to be closer to 300lbs. Remember, the point of a DE is to consume multiple bodies on the O-line so that our LB's can rush. I haven't seen much from Jones on tape in that sense, but Short...I see that all the time. 

I agree with this. Some don't seem to get the fact that Pagano likes really big DE's and Short fits much better than Jones.

Pretty good job, but I wouldn't move Castanzo for Vollmer. Vollmer would be better on the right side and I still believe that Castanzo is developing nicely into a LT. I know many want to give up on him being a LT already, but like I've said before, it normally takes till the 3rd yr. for OT's to get completely comfortable making the jump to the pro's.

True. But, if you are in camp and you have those two available...you are going to play the guys where they will best contribute. I'm indifferent, just thought it was an interesting thought since Castonzo is much better at run blocking. 

True. But, if you are in camp and you have those two available...you are going to play the guys where they will best contribute. I'm indifferent, just thought it was an interesting thought since Castonzo is much better at run blocking. 

I have been Castanzo's biggest supporter here I think. I have been dead set against moving him to the right side. Here lately though, I've heard from a couple different sources(not mine, but local radio) that the Colts have interest in Jake Long. I have been against that from the time when others mentioned it here a couple months ago.

After thinking about it for a while though, I have started to warm up to the idea if we can get him for less money than he's seeking. Sign Long, move Castanzo to the right side and sign Vasquez and IMO we could have a very good line. Of course this depends entirely on Long's health and if he'll take less money to come here.

I'm still kind of torn on it though because I honestly believe that Castanzo is going to be a very good OT, but if you can fix 3 spots on the line with 2 signings, then I think you have to take advantage of it. We'll see here shortly how things play out, but I wish it would hurry up and get here.

I have been Castanzo's biggest supporter here I think. I have been dead set against moving him to the right side. Here lately though, I've heard from a couple different sources(not mine, but local radio) that the Colts have interest in Jake Long. I have been against that from the time when others mentioned it here a couple months ago.

After thinking about it for a while though, I have started to warm up to the idea if we can get him for less money than he's seeking. Sign Long, move Castanzo to the right side and sign Vasquez and IMO we could have a very good line. Of course this depends entirely on Long's health and if he'll take less money to come here.

I'm still kind of torn on it though because I honestly believe that Castanzo is going to be a very good OT, but if you can fix 3 spots on the line with 2 signings, then I think you have to take advantage of it. We'll see here shortly how things play out, but I wish it would hurry up and get here.

Word. Whatever needs to happen to have a decent/good O-line. I trust our FO to make the right call at the end of the day. I'm no coach/GM.

@ 5'9" 213, I''m not sure about Shamarko in the 3rd.  There are other options:  Nice draft though...FYI

Cyprien, John FS 6'0" 217 Florida International     90.6     Vaccaro, Kenny SS 6'0" 214 Texas     87.7     Reid, Eric FS 6'1" 213 LSU     82.5     Swearinger, D.J. SS 5'10" 208 South Carolina     81.4     Elam, Matt FS 5'10" 208 Florida     80.0     Wilcox, J.J. FS 6'0" 213 Georgia Southern     77.0     Williams, Shawn SS 6'0" 213 Georgia     74.8     Thomas, Phillip SS 6'0" 208 Fresno St.     74.1     Jefferson, Tony FS 5'11" 213 Oklahoma     73.2     Motta, Zeke SS 6'2" 213 Notre Dame     71.2     Thomas, Shamarko SS 5'9" 213 Syracuse     69.6     Evans, Josh FS 6'1" 207 Florida     68.0     Williams, Duke FS 6'0" 190 Nevada     67.7     Boyett, John SS 5'10" 204 Oregon     67.5     McDonald, T.J. FS 6'2" 219 USC     66.5     Polk, Ray FS 6'1" 205 Colorado     65.6     Wolff, Earl SS 5'11" 209 N.C. State     63.4     Hyde, Micah FS 6'0" 197 Iowa     61.7     Rambo, Bacarri SS 6'0" 211 Georgia     61.4     Slaughter, Jamoris SS 6'0" 195 Notre Dame     59.7     Kovacs, Jordan SS 6'0" 202 Michigan     57.9     Lester, Robert FS 6'1" 220 Alabama     56.7     Hall, Rashard SS 6'1" 210 Clemson     55.4     McDougald, Bradley FS 6'0" 215 Kansas     54.8     Riley, Kejuan FS 6'1" 208 Alabama St.     54.3     Frey, Drew SS 6'3" 212 Cincinnati     53.6     Johnson, Keelan SS 6'0" 209 Arizona State     52.0     Miles, Rontez FS 6'0" 203 California (PA)     52.0     Starling, Jawanza SS 6'1" 202 USC     52.0     Johnson, Orhian SS 6'3" 210 Ohio St.     51.9     Stafford, Daimion SS 6'0" 221 Nebraska     51.4     Armstrong, Ray Ray SS 6'3" 227 Miami     --     Taylor, Cooper S 6'5" 235 Richmond     --

@ 5'9" 213, I''m not sure about Shamarko in the 3rd.  There are other options:  Nice draft though...FYI

Cyprien, John FS 6'0" 217 Florida International     90.6     Vaccaro, Kenny SS 6'0" 214 Texas     87.7     Reid, Eric FS 6'1" 213 LSU     82.5     Swearinger, D.J. SS 5'10" 208 South Carolina     81.4     Elam, Matt FS 5'10" 208 Florida     80.0     Wilcox, J.J. FS 6'0" 213 Georgia Southern     77.0     Williams, Shawn SS 6'0" 213 Georgia     74.8     Thomas, Phillip SS 6'0" 208 Fresno St.     74.1     Jefferson, Tony FS 5'11" 213 Oklahoma     73.2     Motta, Zeke SS 6'2" 213 Notre Dame     71.2     Thomas, Shamarko SS 5'9" 213 Syracuse     69.6     Evans, Josh FS 6'1" 207 Florida     68.0     Williams, Duke FS 6'0" 190 Nevada     67.7     Boyett, John SS 5'10" 204 Oregon     67.5     McDonald, T.J. FS 6'2" 219 USC     66.5     Polk, Ray FS 6'1" 205 Colorado     65.6     Wolff, Earl SS 5'11" 209 N.C. State     63.4     Hyde, Micah FS 6'0" 197 Iowa     61.7     Rambo, Bacarri SS 6'0" 211 Georgia     61.4     Slaughter, Jamoris SS 6'0" 195 Notre Dame     59.7     Kovacs, Jordan SS 6'0" 202 Michigan     57.9     Lester, Robert FS 6'1" 220 Alabama     56.7     Hall, Rashard SS 6'1" 210 Clemson     55.4     McDougald, Bradley FS 6'0" 215 Kansas     54.8     Riley, Kejuan FS 6'1" 208 Alabama St.     54.3     Frey, Drew SS 6'3" 212 Cincinnati     53.6     Johnson, Keelan SS 6'0" 209 Arizona State     52.0     Miles, Rontez FS 6'0" 203 California (PA)     52.0     Starling, Jawanza SS 6'1" 202 USC     52.0     Johnson, Orhian SS 6'3" 210 Ohio St.     51.9     Stafford, Daimion SS 6'0" 221 Nebraska     51.4     Armstrong, Ray Ray SS 6'3" 227 Miami     --     Taylor, Cooper S 6'5" 235 Richmond     --

You are listing both SS and FS. Which is fine...but I'm looking for a hard hitting SS that can be used to help stuff the run as well as be effective in coverage. With that said...Thomas is 3rd best in my opinion behind Elam and Cyprien. Not bad in the 3rd if you have a value on him like that. Which I do...you don't, but you know... (in my best Jeff Lebowski voice) that's just like....your opinion man. 

I would love this scenario, but my ideal would have one change:

Trade back with our first to pick up an extra third, Target Margus Hunt with our first pick and Ryan Swope with our new third.  I don't care if WR's a need or not!  I like his skillset, and I think he could play outside allowing Hilton to stay in the slot.

Our most likely trade partner would be the 49ers in a scenario where Milliner and Rhodes are gone, and they want to jump ahead of the Patriots to ensure they get Trufant.

If you don't think Hunt is worth a late first or Swope is worth a third, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE EXACT POSITIONING DETAILS AT THIS MOMENT.  We could just trade back again, if you want to.  I'm just saying these are the players I would target:  Hunt, Swope, Shamarko, etc...

I would love this scenario, but my ideal would have one change:

Trade back with our first to pick up an extra third, Target Margus Hunt with our first pick and Ryan Swope with our new third.  I don't care if WR's a need or not!  I like his skillset, and I think he could play outside allowing Hilton to stay in the slot.

Our most likely trade partner would be the 49ers in a scenario where Milliner and Rhodes are gone, and they want to jump ahead of the Patriots to ensure they get Trufant.

If you don't think Hunt is worth a late first or Swope is worth a third, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE EXACT POSITIONING DETAILS AT THIS MOMENT.  We could just trade back again, if you want to.  I'm just saying these are the players I would target:  Hunt, Swope, Shamarko, etc...

I don't care for mock drafts with trade situations. It goes from making a educated guess as to who and where a prospect can be taken and then makes it impossible when you have to push that guess back even further and determine who the trade partner is, if they are trading players or picks, where those picks are and if there are any more details to go along with it. Making lofty guessing even more impossible essentially. Doesn't capture the spirit of a mock draft IMO. 

As far as Hunt...he's too much of a project to use our first pick on and I could care less about Swope. Good receiver that could be had in the 4th round...but not an area of need. Our picks could be used elsewhere, especially in the first round. With as much cap room as we have, i'm not concerned about quantity as much as quality in this draft. So we should get the best guy available at 24. 

I don't care for mock drafts with trade situations. It goes from making a educated guess as to who and where a prospect can be taken and then makes it impossible when you have to push that guess back even further and determine who the trade partner is, if they are trading players or picks, where those picks are and if there are any more details to go along with it. Making lofty guessing even more impossible essentially. Doesn't capture the spirit of a mock draft IMO. 

As far as Hunt...he's too much of a project to use our first pick on and I could care less about Swope. Good receiver that could be had in the 4th round...but not an area of need. Our picks could be used elsewhere, especially in the first round. With as much cap room as we have, i'm not concerned about quantity as much as quality in this draft. So we should get the best guy available at 24. 

I agree with you; except that I believe the difference between the quality of Kawann and the quality of Margus Hunt is minimal.  If we are sitting at 24 contemplating taking Short, while both are available; I would look to trade back.  I agree it makes guessing the future impossible, but I am not trying to guess what will actually happen.  I am trying to roughly explain my ideal scenario.

I agree with you; except that I believe the difference between the quality of Kawann and the quality of Margus Hunt is minimal.  If we are sitting at 24 contemplating taking Short, while both are available; I would look to trade back.  I agree it makes guessing the future impossible, but I am not trying to guess what will actually happen.  I am trying to roughly explain my ideal scenario.

You are talking about a guy that is undersized to play DE and oversized to play OLB in our system who plays in Conference USA football. 

Kawann Short plays in the Big Ten (a big boy's conference) and has had great production throughout his time at Purdue while also fitting the scheme. 

As far as NFL readiness, Short is ready now. You'd be working with Hunt for years. I don't want to spend our first pick on a project. 

With that said...I don't see why there is much question over Short. He's within 4-5 picks of us in a lot of mock drafts on either side. I think the quality difference is substantial when you hash out the details of the player and how they fit in our scheme.

I'm sure Hunt will make a great 4-3 DE one day, but I don't really want any part of him. 

You are talking about a guy that is undersized to play DE and oversized to play OLB in our system who plays in Conference USA football. 

Kawann Short plays in the Big Ten (a big boy's conference) and has had great production throughout his time at Purdue while also fitting the scheme. 

As far as NFL readiness, Short is ready now. You'd be working with Hunt for years. I don't want to spend our first pick on a project. 

With that said...I don't see why there is much question over Short. He's within 4-5 picks of us in a lot of mock drafts on either side. I think the quality difference is substantial when you hash out the details of the player and how they fit in our scheme.

I'm sure Hunt will make a great 4-3 DE one day, but I don't really want any part of him. 

Not to mention that Hunt will be 26 yrs. old at the beginning of the season. Not a great selling point IMO. I'm intrigued with Hunt, but not with a 1st rd. pick.

You are listing both SS and FS. Which is fine...but I'm looking for a hard hitting SS that can be used to help stuff the run as well as be effective in coverage. With that said...Thomas is 3rd best in my opinion behind Elam and Cyprien. Not bad in the 3rd if you have a value on him like that. Which I do...you don't, but you know... (in my best Jeff Lebowski voice) that's just like....your opinion man. 

I thought that was understood... I'd take Motta/Williams/Rambo/Lester in the 4th/6th...over Thomas in the 3rd. Which opens up the 3rd round pick for...(depending on FA) OL, WR, OLB, DB help. A healthy or more efficient Luck > a 3rd round safety. IMO... take care.

I thought that was understood... I'd take Motta/Williams/Rambo/Lester in the 4th/6th...over Thomas in the 3rd. Which opens up the 3rd round pick for...(depending on FA) OL, WR, OLB, DB help. A healthy or more efficient Luck > a 3rd round safety. IMO... take care.

Ok...but given the free agency and draft I've listed above already addressing OL, OLB and DB, only WR would comply with your argument for healthy/efficient Luck > a 3rd round safety. My opinion is that 3rd round safety will actually be able to contribute to the team as opposed to your 4th/6th round guys who are probably on the level with Zibby. Not an upgrade. 

So I guess you'd have to tell me what WR in the late 3rd round you are wanting to grab who is going to see enough significant playing time to beat out the contributions of a SS who will be in on almost every play of the defense which is already a bigger area of need than our offense.

So, Swope, Goodwin, Stills...are those guys gonna beat out Wayne, Hilton, Brazill, Whalen for their spots? MIght have a shot at Whalen or Brazill, but with a two or three tight end set that Pep Hamilton will likely run, where do you see them fitting into the system?I guess I just don't see as much value in the pick as you do. 

Let's not condescend on conferences because great players come in all places and besides I am an SEC guy, so I could easily put down the Big 10 as the SEC routinely trounces your teams and made up more than half of the combine.  

Let's not condescend on conferences because great players come in all places and besides I am an SEC guy, so I could easily put down the Big 10 as the SEC routinely trounces your teams and made up more than half of the combine.  

Oh no, here comes sec guy lol

True. Very good players can come from weak conferences. It would be one thing if his numbers were off the charts...but they really aren't that amazing, which they should be in that conference.

SEC can produce Peyton Manning or Jason Cambell. Big 10 can produce Drew Brees or Drew Stanton. Could C-USA pump out another quality player like Randy Moss or Brett Favre? Sure. But both of those guys had unreal numbers to warrant that kind of praise. Hunt just doesn't impress me as much I guess. If he's to be considered on par with Short, I'd expect better numbers against stronger competition to justify that.

Ok...but given the free agency and draft I've listed above already addressing OL, OLB and DB, only WR would comply with your argument for healthy/efficient Luck > a 3rd round safety. My opinion is that 3rd round safety will actually be able to contribute to the team as opposed to your 4th/6th round guys who are probably on the level with Zibby. Not an upgrade. 

So I guess you'd have to tell me what WR in the late 3rd round you are wanting to grab who is going to see enough significant playing time to beat out the contributions of a SS who will be in on almost every play of the defense which is already a bigger area of need than our offense.

So, Swope, Goodwin, Stills...are those guys gonna beat out Wayne, Hilton, Brazill, Whalen for their spots? MIght have a shot at Whalen or Brazill, but with a two or three tight end set that Pep Hamilton will likely run, where do you see them fitting into the system?I guess I just don't see as much value in the pick as you do. 

The more OL (Schwenke C / Long OT / Winters G in the 3rd) (Chris Harper, DaRick Rogers, etc...WR 3rd) the better.  At the end of the day, whether FA or in the draft, we will pick need/bpa (OL, WR, DL, DB or OLB) as it pertains to the colts scheme next year(s).  Wait and see mode... 

Current FA: Killeen and Kelley.

The more OL (Schwenke C / Long OT / Winters G in the 3rd) (Chris Harper, DaRick Rogers, etc...WR 3rd) the better.  At the end of the day, whether FA or in the draft, we will pick need/bpa (OL, WR, DL, DB or OLB) as it pertains to the colts scheme next year(s).  Wait and see mode... 

Current FA: Killeen and Kelley.

I don't have a problem with having depth. But therein lies the problem. You could argue for depth at any position. Personally...I'd rather have a starter who can contribute to a weak defense than an O-lineman or WR who is just there for depth. You look for depth in rounds 5-7 and UFA, not in the 3rd round, especially your 2nd choice of the draft. 

It will be a clearer picture when news starts coming in tomorrow at 4pm. Reports are confirmed that the Colts are interested in both Vasquez and Levitre as well as Kruger and Avril. If any of those are true and they grab a CB or an OT on top of that, my mock draft becomes a very real scenario in terms of need. Now if they go and grab Dashon Goldson tomorrow...well, my 3rd pick could very well be an O-lineman or a CB... It's gonna be fun to see how it plays out.

Noteable Free Agency Signings : 

OG Louis Vasquez - Lou's agent has already gone on record saying he fully expects a call from the Colts on Saturday when the legal tampering begins. It looks like the Chargers are still wanting to retain him, but he also wants to explore all his options. I see him in Blue and White next season. 

CB Cary Williams - I don't think he's the best option on the market, but I do believe he can be the 2nd best corner on the team. With the Colts retaining Vaughn and Gordy, while trying to resign Powers... I think they are just after a Robin to Davis' Batman. I'm hoping that we'll only see Vaughn if someone gets injured next season. Could also use later rounds of draft for help or pick up another FA when the dust settles. 

OLB Paul Kruger - I don't really like Kruger that much, but I think they can use him in rotation with Hughes and at least be better in pass rush than last year. I don't think Connor Barwin is going to play with the Colts even though he would be a more attractive option in my opinion. 

OT Sebastian Vollmer - Arguably the best tackle other than Winston on the market right now, I think Vollmer wants to and can play left tackle. This could bump Castonzo over to RT which would be interesting and probably for the best. Castonzo was a liability in pass protection last year but our best run blocker by a wide margin. Seems better suited for the right side and Vollmer would be a solid left tackle.

2013 NFL Draft : 

1st Round : Kawann Short DE Purdue - Do you know what there is a serious lack of both on the Colts roster and the Free Agency market? A 3-4 DE with IMPACT. I realize everyone is clamoring for a CB/OLB/OL here but the fact is, all of those are in abundance both in free agency and in the upcoming draft. A good 3-4 DE is a serious need for the Colts as it has a direct impact on the effectiveness of our linebackers. Kawann Short is an animal that is great against the run, commands a double team and can get to the QB. He's played all over the D-line at Purdue in multiple fronts. The way I see the draft going, he's the best value in an area of need at 24. 

3rd Round : Shamarko Thomas SS Syracuse - He was compared to Bob Sanders and he ate turf on his 40 at the combine. All signs point to becoming a Colt. Some think he could sneak into the 2nd round, but for now I still think he'll be available at the end of the 3rd. 

4th Round : Alvin Bailey OG Akransas - Another able body to compete for a starting position immediately on the O-line that needs a lot of interior help. 

6th Round : Montori Hughes NT Tenn-Martin - More bang for our collective buck. With this selection, it would be a training camp competition between Chapman and Hughes for the starting job and we'd likely see McKinney cut. Would be great to have 2 effective NT's rotating to keep fresh. 

Starting Offense : 

Wayne                                       Vollmer Vasquez Shipley Bailey Castonzo   Fleener                 Hilton

Allen 

Luck

Ballard 

Starting Defense : 

Bethea                                          Thomas 

Davis                                                                                                                                 Williams

Kruger                     Freeman            Connor              Mathis

Short                  Chapman          Redding

This is a pretty good. That starting line up would be strong. I'd prefer AC to stay at lt though.I do think that de is our biggest need in the draft with all the options for other positions in fa. I can't help but want Rhodes or Trufant at 24 though.

This is a pretty good. That starting line up would be strong. I'd prefer AC to stay at lt though.I do think that de is our biggest need in the draft with all the options for other positions in fa. I can't help but want Rhodes or Trufant at 24 though.

I'm going to disappoint you real quick and let you know that there Rhodes has a snowballs chance in H-E double hockey sticks of being around at 24. I'd love Trufant in the first too. But we can go get a quality CB in FA and the position is deep in the draft. So taking a 3-4 DE in the first makes too much sense for me to pass up.

I'm going to disappoint you real quick and let you know that there Rhodes has a snowballs chance in H-E double hockey sticks of being around at 24. I'd love Trufant in the first too. But we can go get a quality CB in FA and the position is deep in the draft. So taking a 3-4 DE in the first makes too much sense for me to pass up.

Yea I've seen Rhodes going somewhere in the 10-15 range. Trufant probably will be available. The smart move would be to get a de I will say that. There are some guys that can play multiple positions on the d line that would be able to help us out a lot. In Grigson I trust. Which ever direction they go in will probably be a good one.

Yea I've seen Rhodes going somewhere in the 10-15 range. Trufant probably will be available. The smart move would be to get a de I will say that. There are some guys that can play multiple positions on the d line that would be able to help us out a lot. In Grigson I trust. Which ever direction they go in will probably be a good one.

Agreed. Kawann Short has scheme versatility. He'd be a great pick up for us. It's the same reason why I'm hoping that we don't pursue Kruger and land Cliff Avril. Kruger is a one trick pony and our defense is operating on multiple fronts.

Agreed. Kawann Short has scheme versatility. He'd be a great pick up for us. It's the same reason why I'm hoping that we don't pursue Kruger and land Cliff Avril. Kruger is a one trick pony and our defense is operating on multiple fronts.

Yea I'd prefer Avril at this point as well. He has experience in both 34s and 43s. He may be cheaper also. Even if he is 10 mil a year hes still cheaper than D frees 19 mil last season. Avril with Short in front or beside him would be a nice combo. Our d should have both better pass rushing and coverage this year. We should make a good jump in defensive rankings.