Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 02/14

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   HAPPY VALENTINES DAY COLTS FANS  :blueshoe: 

If YOU were General Manager of the Indianapolis Colts for a day - what one thing would you LOVE to do to advance our Indianapolis Colts ??

Bring back a GM corner online question & answer session with Ryan Grigson & the fans to get a glimpse of what the front office is doing draft wise, free agent wise, & salary cap wise. Post the responses on both Colts.com & Colts Forum.com every 2 weeks. 

I would  resign immediately! That would be the best I can do for Colts!

I would hire you back buddy!!!  I can not let Hungary go unrepresented by the horseshoe!   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

Yup, we need you around HCF. You're too vital to the success of this site to lose my friend. You're not going anywhere buddy!  :thmup:

I would retain Ryan Grigson as Executive General Manager, with no change in his duties other than the Building Philosophy.

I am very impressed with his dedication to excellence and his ability to find players where no one else is looking.

However, the philosophy was an emphasis on putting a presentable product on the field, and not sacrificing the present

for higher draft position. Everybody enjoyed the 2012 season, but the result was not indicative of where the team actually was.

The Colts still have eight starting positions to fill with quality players, plus three more ( Mathis, Bethea, Redding ) who will

need to be filled soon. Teams build together, win together and fade together. You can't win championships when part of your

team's core is reitiring while the rest are reaching their peak. My philosophy says sacrifice now for a dynasty later. Therefore,

with the unexpected results of 2012 acknowledged, it will take longer to build the monster. To keep the build quality high, you

will now have to consider trading up in the first round if you identify a game-changer among the many good D-line prospects.