Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Player And Team Quotes After Game 1

chad72

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/notes.htm

Some key quotes:

According to Saturday, losing the 2011 season opener was a complete team effort.

"None of us played well. It had nothing to do with Kerry. As an offense, we just didn't play well. We didn't execute when we needed to," he said Monday.

"Fumbles, sacks, penalties. You name it. Any way that you can shoot yourself in the foot, we did it. Kerry doesn't have control over all that. We've got to play better as an offense."

As for not having the four-time NFL Most Valuable Player around, Saturday dismissed that fact as an excuse as well.

"Obviously he's not there. But I don't think if Peyton would have been back there it would have been much better. We didn't play well," he explained.

"We weren't efficient in our offense. It just adds up and snowballs. We just didn't produce the way we need to and we didn't get it done."

—TE Dallas Clark was given an unenviable task against the Texas. Try and pass block against Houston defensive end turned outside linebacker Mario Williams. Williams ended up with two sacks of Colts QB Kerry Collins. "Dallas fought him, but that's more on me than anything else," coach Jim Caldwell admitted. "I have to take responsibility for knowing those situations would come up, and we just have to find a way to, if he needs some help, get him some help or look at alternatives."

I agree you can't just lay it all on one guy. We didn't play well and I still have faith in Kerry.

I agree. I thought he started playing better towards the end of the game, and with only 7 practices with the team I don't think it's fair of us to have expected too much more of him. And even so, he really seemed to be doing a good job with Wayne already. Just wait til he starts clicking with Collie, Garcon, and the rest of them. Once they all start playing up to their potential together I think it'll start looking up. I'm looking forward to this Sunday and seeing how they do.

Good to see the players have Kerry's back. I totally agree with them. Peyton wouldn't have done much better in my opinion. As for the Williams/Clark part, I like that Caldwell is taking responsibility, but that was Link's fault. No coach in the league would have Clark block Williams one on one. Link was the primary blocker and Clark was there to help, Link just missed the assignment.

Good to see the players have Kerry's back. I totally agree with them. Peyton wouldn't have done much better in my opinion. As for the Williams/Clark part, I like that Caldwell is taking responsibility, but that was Link's fault. No coach in the league would have Clark block Williams one on one. Link was the primary blocker and Clark was there to help, Link just missed the assignment.

He missed it often too!