Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Brown and Jerry Rice claim Bill Callahan sabotaged Super Bowl.

Dustin

It is pretty far-fetched. Bill Callahan's career in the NFL has gone down the drain since that game. Would he really do that to himself in the name of hurting the Raiders? I don't know...

However, it does seem pretty strange that he'd change the gameplan two days before the game. And the situation with Barret Robbins always seemed strange. I don't know.

Makes no sense. If any changes were put in (and one of the articles strongly suggests that if there was change, it wasn't as radical as the players suggest) than it seems to me that it would have been in an attempt to counter-act Gruden's knowledge of the team - something that I assumed was instrumental in the ease of the victory in the first place. A great defensive team playing against an offensive that their offensive minded coach knew inside out and upside down isn't a good combination. Five interceptions and five sacks! What exactly does the game plan have to do with that, unless he refused to provide pass protection (in which case Gannon probably would have said something by this point). Now if they were accusing Gannon of being the saboteur it might make more sense. 

than it seems to me that it would have been in an attempt to counter-act Gruden's knowledge of the team.

But if that was the case then why change up the game-plan at the last second? If you were determined to counter act what Gruden knew, it wouldn't make sense to practice one thing all week and then just switch it up. It's not like they practiced all week and then Callahan just remembered Gruden was the coach of the Bucs.