Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many draft picks have we lost to deaths(accidents)?

ADayWithoutRain

The number of draft picks we have busted is way more than that.

Just take round 3 and say Bill Polian, probably 75% of them have not panned out.

Then take the top 2 picks of drafts 2007-2011: Gonzo, Ugoh, Pollak, Donald Brown, Fili Moala, Jerry Hughes, Pat Angerer, Castanzo, Ijalana

Only 1 of them is an entrenched starter for us now from 5 different drafts from round 1-2. Cant just hope to get rotational players in those top 2 rounds, they need to be starters.

One can make a case the 2nd round pick in 2007 we gave up for Booger was well worth it, and I agree, much like the one we gave for Vontae Davis, which hopefully gives us a SB soon :).

Was just saying that in another thread. Polian really screwed us in our drafts. He picked manning, edge and Wayne. After that was more miss than hit. Ad in he liked to resign our average players to huge contracts and not be a player in fa you wonder how we did as well as we did.

I'll cutcha' a break,because your internet library time is set to run out soon.What the heck is "newish"?...A new kids on the block album?

Jewish, like your boy you were crying about. Good one kid. Come at me when you get some hair on your pits.

I'll cutcha' a break,because your internet library time is set to run out soon.What the heck is "newish"?...A new kids on the block album?

I think you keep digging yourself a deeper hole. you just called somebody a "grammar nazi" and then turn around and do it yourself.

I wonder if any other team has been so unlucky?We also lost r.culver(right after he sign with the chargers).He was a sweet guy,and would always play ball with us kids after practice.

How good do you think they(curry/burlsworth) would've been?

Shane Curry showed some real pass rush skills his rookie year, i think he would hsave been pretty good. Got shot by a kid in a parking lot or something if I remember right, robbery or something.

Morbid...how?The fact that they died?I was just curious as to how many other teams have faced such harsh circumstances.I remember and love(r.culver)players that we've lost.

Culver died in that Valujet crash in Florida I think. I remember being at the game they memorialized  him against SD in the mid-90's.