Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton was an [EXPLETIVE] at the Pro Bowl

shakedownstreet

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106171/article/cam-newton-reportedly-a-problem-at-2012-pro-bowl

In a story that seemingly should have a dateline of January 2012 rather than December, a report surfaced Wednesday regarding Cam Newton's obnoxious behavior at last season's Pro Bowl.

Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com reports that AFC Pro Bowl players went after Newton especially hard in last season's game because of how the Carolina Panthers quarterback acted during the week.

"He was a total ---hole," one unnamed AFC player told Prisco. "Who did he think he was? He acted like the big s---. Here he was at his first game and he acted like he was the star. Guys didn't like that."

That explains why the AFC players were picking Cam Newton's passes off more than the others' passes. It also told me for the first time this guy could have a sophomore slump and he had a mini-slump, IMO.

Panthers' W-L record is obviously a reflection of uninspired play by players across the board in key moments, and that is what happens if you have a leader that does not inspire. Cam radiates and glows but does not inspire, IMO.

For these players who make the pro bowl, it's all about respect. It's about giving your best shot all season, then having the chance to go somewhere nice. Take the family. And enjoy the fruits of your hard work. Then sharing that experience with the best of the best from the league. Mutual respect between these guys. Each and every one of them.

If what this anonymous player says is true, I completely understand why it would ruffle feathers.

Anonymous player = wuss in my book...

I don't ride with Cam at all but if you are going to call out someone by name, include yours.

I'm with you. I'm not the biggest Cam fan (though I'm not a big Cam hater, either), but if you are going to call someone out like this, at least put your name on it.

I'm with you. I'm not the biggest Cam fan (though I'm not a big Cam hater, either), but if you are going to call someone out like this, at least put your name on it.

Holy no look moderator editing...lmbo

But it's been a whole lot of that this year and I just shake my head at it all. I think about the Tebow incident and how nobody would even fess up to it. I look at anonymous comments as a coward move. It's not like it is a matter of national security. You are talking about another football player.

Anonymous player = wuss in my book...

I don't ride with Cam at all but if you are going to call out someone by name, include yours.

If players are going to comment like this about players on other teams, it's probably a good idea to do it anonymously. You really don't want to create a distraction for your own team or provide future bulletin board material if you can avoid it. It might be best to say nothing at all, of course, but I can appreciate calling Cam out on this if true.

It's far more problematic when players publicly comment about situations within their own teams, anonymously or not. I care less about whether you attach your name to it or not than I do that you keep it in house in those situations.

If players are going to comment like this about players on other teams, it's probably a good idea to do it anonymously. You really don't want to create a distraction for your own team or provide future bulletin board material if you can avoid it. It might be best to say nothing at all, of course, but I can appreciate calling Cam out on this if true.

It's far more problematic when players publicly comment about situations within their own teams, anonymously or not. I care less about whether you attach your name to it or not than I do that you keep it in house in those situations.

Then why say anything at all then? If you don't want to be a distraction, why even pull something out your butt from January? Whoever it was should have just kept his mouth shut. I equate things like this to internet thuggery..lol. Slimey talk behind the guise of anonymity = wussy (and yes, a letter was substituted..lmbo)

Then why say anything at all then? If you don't want to be a distraction, why even pull something out your butt from January? Whoever it was should have just kept his mouth shut. I equate things like this to internet thuggery..lol. Slimey talk behind the guise of anonymity = wussy (and yes, a letter was substituted..lmbo)

Because it gives us something to talk about at the expense of Panthers fans? ;)