Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deandre Hopkins and Eric Fisher?

Hopkins isn't projected as a first rounder and WR isn't a need for us next season. I haven't seen Fisher, but Kiper had this to say about him to us:

Indianapolis Colts

Top emerging needs: OL, NT, G, WR

Analysis: After they devoted so much of the 2011 draft to offense, adding a pair of tight ends and a wideout after drafting Andrew Luck, I think even the Colts are ahead of pace based on where they thought they might be at the midway point of 2012. So, the focus still has to be on Luck. This is already proving to be the once-in-a-generation talent I believed he'd be when they drafted him, and I think while finding the right fit on defense is important, Indy should look up front first, making sure the offensive line is as good as it can be. The defensive line, and the best possible fits for Chuck Pagano's system will be important, but for me the wall they build in front of No. 12 comes first.

Drafting tomorrow: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

Here is Kiper's evaluation of him: One of the great sleepers of the draft. Extremely long and uses his length really well. When he gets in a wide base, it can take a while to get around him. He often can make it look easy in the MAC but also looked great when Central Michigan faced top competition and really isn't a newcomer for scouts.

Fisher is one of my favorite sleeper picks. Honestly, I doubt he's a sleeper by the end of the Combine.

I'd love for us to be able to grab him. Maybe he goes to LT and Castanzo goes to RT? Don't know. But I think he's a serious talent. I would expect that he's very high on he Colts radar....

The other kid I don't know... but haven't seen his name as a 1st round projection for WR.....

Doesn't mean he's not good or won't be a very good NFL player. Just doubt he's a 1st round pick.