Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Bengals the AFC dark horse if they make the playoffs?

Jules

Yes, I think so. Out of all the wild card teams, they will be the ones who will be most equipped to challenge the division leaders on the road.

Talking AFC mainly below:

2005 - Steelers won it all as a #6 seeded wild card (that is when the wild card teams really started making noise, Giants won as a #5 seed in 2007 and Packers won as a #6 seed in 2010)

2006 - no wild card won (AFC)

2007 - Jaguars beat the Steelers as a lower seed wild card

2008 - Ravens as a lower seed wild card thumped the Dolphins

2009 - Ravens and Jets won as lower seed wild cards

2010 - Ravens and Jets again won as lower seed wild cards

2011 - no wild card won (AFC)

The Ravens are a team I do not want to face in the wild card round, as crazy as it sounds. Their level of play goes down in the divisional and AFCCG but in the wild card round, they come out firing. Objectively speaking, I'd rather face the Broncos because Peyton is the farthest removed from playoff play in terms of time.

2012 - I do think a wild card is due to win and it is normally those Jets and an AFC North team. The Jets started doing so since Rex Ryan went there but since Rex probably wont be around, it is most likely to be an AFC North team and the Bengals fit the bill (unless the Steelers sneak in miraculously)

Yes, I think so. Out of all the wild card teams, they will be the ones who will be most equipped to challenge the division leaders on the road.

Talking AFC mainly below:

2005 - Steelers won it all as a #6 seeded wild card (that is when the wild card teams really started making noise, Giants won as a #5 seed in 2007 and Packers won as a #6 seed in 2010)

2006 - no wild card won (AFC)

2007 - Jaguars beat the Steelers as a lower seed wild card

2008 - Ravens as a lower seed wild card thumped the Dolphins

2009 - Ravens and Jets won as lower seed wild cards

2010 - Ravens and Jets again won as lower seed wild cards

2011 - no wild card won (AFC)

The Ravens are a team I do not want to face in the wild card round, as crazy as it sounds. Their level of play goes down in the divisional and AFCCG but in the wild card round, they come out firing. Objectively speaking, I'd rather face the Broncos because Peyton is the farthest removed from playoff play in terms of time.

2012 - I do think a wild card is due to win and it is normally those Jets who started doing so since Rex Ryan went there but since Rex probably wont be around, it is most likely to be an AFC North team and the Bengals fit the bill (unless the Steelers sneak in miraculously)

Good stuff Chad :clap:

I knew I could count on you to deliver. :D

Nah, the Bengals always find some way to screw themselves over. Kind of like the opposite of the Giants.

You just killed my thread in terms of the positivity surrounding the beasts known as the Bengals. :gloomy:

But, good point. It is still the Bengals........

I think I also wanted to talk about a different team for a change too. *shrugs*

You just killed my thread in terms of the positivity surrounding the beasts known as the Bengals. :gloomy:

But, good point. It is still the Bengals........

I think I also wanted to talk about a different team for a change too. *shrugs*

Oops, sorry to rain on the parade! I'll just back out of this thread slowly lol...go on...talk about the Bengals and their chances...I was never here. :shifty:

Oops, sorry to rain on the parade! I'll just back out of this thread slowly lol...go on...talk about the Bengals and their chances...I was never here. :shifty:

At the very least, they are growing up.

683999158-bengal-tigers-panthera-tigris-cubs-wildlife-rescue.jpg

To:

bengal_tigers_lying_in_field_42-16424383.jpg

And if they make the playoffs, they might have a shot if they can show some of this:

bengal-tiger_1600x1200.jpg