Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Join "the Herd"! Practice At Home Tonight!

TubaGuy

One of the things the organization is "pushing" this season is for the crowd at LOS AND at home to "join The Herd". The Thundering Herd was the original fan club from '84 till around '98. Here's how you become a part...

Whenever the Colts kick off, start stomping your feet and smacking your seat (the actual seat, not...well, you know!). In LOS they also show a video of a huge stampede of horses which adds to the feel! At the Green Bay game, the crowd even got into it with the defense in the second half. When the defense needed to make a stop, people started slapping the seats and stomping. It really had the effect of sounding like stampeding horses! So tonight, in the final preseason game, let's all practice!! Start the stomping, start the smacking...JOIN THE HERD!!

FeelTheThunder.jpg

HitTheSeat.jpg

I like it. This could be a new tradition for Colts football. Did you start this

process Tuba guy, or are you beating the drum to get it started?

Well, actually I emailed the Colts this off-season and suggested it. They took my idea and ran with it! So now I'm doing what I can to educate people on what they are doing with it. I figured I'd post it here to let as many fans that come here know about it as I could. After just 2 preseason games it's fun to see how it is taking off in the stadium.

There is only one Thundering Herd, Marshall University. ;)

Of course The Thundering Herd has been a part of MU tradition for years. But let's see...KC is known for the tomahawk chop, just like Florida State is. The Thundering Herd was actually started here as the official fan club before the team even arrived. So it's not like the name and concept is something new. Nicknames have been adopted by multiple teams all the time, especially when those groups are at different levels.

Well, actually I emailed the Colts this off-season and suggested it. They took my idea and ran with it! So now I'm doing what I can to educate people on what they are doing with it. I figured I'd post it here to let as many fans that come here know about it as I could. After just 2 preseason games it's fun to see how it is taking off in the stadium.

Good job Tuba. You can take pride in knowing you got the fans in on the

action with every kickoff. It's gotta make you feel good knowing the fans

are having fun and running with it.