Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach on ILB situation

HtownColt

Phillip B Wilson@pwilson24

#Colts coach is talking about, ideally, having Pat Angerer and Jerrell Freeman out there at ILB at same time.

They had some great snaps together yesterday! As Tark says above this post......could be lethal at times....and with Conner coming in fresh on a blitz to put a 'hurtin' on someone....sounds like a plan....hoping Pat and the boys can stay healthy!!!! :)

Yes we need freeman and angerer as our 2 primary inside backers and adding conners makes for one heck of a rotation.

But nor is there any need to rush angerer back to playing 100% of the snaps either. But having angerer and freeman on the field together for the majority of the defensive snaps is the best long-term solution. And it doesn't matter who plays which ILB position because they should learn both.

we cant forget that Angerer has been out this whole year and we are running a new system, once he gets accustomed to the speed of the game and the new system is when it will really get lethal for us. I would guess that this will not take long.

I do agree that this is a great problem for us to have to figure out

I could see a future rotation with Angerer and Freeman as the starting ILB's(substituting Fokou or Harvey for Angerer in running situations) Jerry Hughes(if he learns to develop his pass rushing moves) playing the Mathis role and a future top pass rusher through the draft