Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb Kerry Collins Will 'play A Lot' In Final Preseason Game

coltsuser21

They just paid for him, why wouldn't they get some playing time out of him. Besides, I think the I'm a little curious to see what the Colts just bought. Kinda like getting a new toy. One that won't be as good as Manning (obviously).

I think it's more important that our starting O-line is getting more time. They looked very good against the Pack. The more the play together the better they'll protect that #18 guy whenever he gets back.

Collins getting hit a few times? Won't bother me a bit.

He gave an interview on channel 13 news. Said this is the toughest playbook he has ever seen.

Interesting. From what I've heard, the Colts offense is based on simplicity and execution. They have a small handful of plays, but they can run each of them very well, so they are ready for any situation that the defense presents...handful being a relative term. I'm sure they have many many plays in their playbook, but relative to the rest of the league, it is smaller

Interesting. From what I've heard, the Colts offense is based on simplicity and execution. They have a small handful of plays, but they can run each of them very well, so they are ready for any situation that the defense presents...handful being a relative term. I'm sure they have many many plays in their playbook, but relative to the rest of the league, it is smaller

I don't about now but back in the Marvin Harrison days they showed a diagram of the passing plays and while the offense itself was vanilla..the routes were of many..almost like a tree with branches. I imagine some of those are still there. That could be what he's referring to.

He won't have any weapons will he? I know in week 4 of the pre-season starters don't really play that much at all. This week is all about giving the non-starters one last chance to compete for a job. I think playing time will definitely be valuable for Collins to get a crash course with the play book. However, in the pre-season NFL teams only show a small fraction of their plays that they would run in the regular season. I'm certainly glad he will be playing and getting some reps, but I'm not going to be too hopeful coming into this last pre-season game. I feel Collins' most important days will be the 9 days after the Bengals game where he can continue to practice and learn the playbook.