Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts work out S Larry Asante

MTC

Via Rotoworld

The Colts worked out free agent S Larry Asante.

It's Asante's first workout since getting waived by the Bucs in August. Asante appeared in 10 games last season, making 12 tackles. He'd be limited to special teams if he wound up in Indy.

Really would like to see Lefeged get a shot at SS. He showed a lot of promise as a playmaker in his rookie year last year can't believe he's not getting any playing time this year at saftey. Give the guy a chance to build on what he started last season. We have nothing to lose by giving him a start. This is a position that we need to find out if were going have to go out and get a player next year. Lets see what Lefeged can do, we know Zibs is not the answer for next year so lets see what Lefeged can do. He has good size, speed and he's a hitter, his special teams play has warrented a chance to start.The only way we can know what he can do is to let him play."SO PLEASE START LEFEGED" I believe he will end up being a NFL starter and Ihope its with the Colts. "GO COLTS"

Really would like to see Lefeged get a shot at SS. He showed a lot of promise as a playmaker in his rookie year last year can't believe he's not getting any playing time this year at saftey. Give the guy a chance to build on what he started last season. We have nothing to lose by giving him a start. This is a position that we need to find out if were going have to go out and get a player next year. Lets see what Lefeged can do, we know Zibs is not the answer for next year so lets see what Lefeged can do. He has good size, speed and he's a hitter, his special teams play has warrented a chance to start.The only way we can know what he can do is to let him play."SO PLEASE START LEFEGED" I believe he will end up being a NFL starter and Ihope its with the Colts. "GO COLTS"

I think our SS spot is going to be reserved for a guy we draft. im hoping for either the kid out of LSU or USC. but i agree lefeged should atleast get a couple starts in see how he does THIS season. and maybe he might be just good enough to not have to use one of our little ammount of draft picks to get one.

I think our SS spot is going to be reserved for a guy we draft. im hoping for either the kid out of LSU or USC. but i agree lefeged should atleast get a couple starts in see how he does THIS season. and maybe he might be just good enough to not have to use one of our little ammount of draft picks to get one.

Reid is a FS like Bethea, I think TJ McDonald would be great to have at SS, though. I'd also love Vacarro or Elam. Especially Elam.

oh yeah reid is a FS. guess we wouldnt really have room for him then lol. who does Vacarro and Elam play for??

Kenny Vaccaro- Texas

Matt Elam- Florida

Shamarko Thomas could be a late rounder out of Syracuse, but I think he rises big time at the combine, and won't be worth what his measureables say he is.

Via Rotoworld

The Colts worked out free agent S Larry Asante.

It's Asante's first workout since getting waived by the Bucs in August. Asante appeared in 10 games last season, making 12 tackles. He'd be limited to special teams if he wound up in Indy.

Maybe we need Asante to replace joe on special teams cause he gonna start

eric reid is a ss but versatile enough to play fs. he's also the best safety in this draft and those other 3 are mid 2 to 3 round picks.

In your opinion. I would rather have a guy who is more physical and can lay the wood. Reid seems more finesse to me. Elam outplayed Reid when they played each other.