Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lots of NFL News Today.....

NewColtsFan

Mike Holmgren is being pushed out the door in Cleveland. Will likely retire at the end of the year.

Andy Reid fired his DC, Juan Castillo, in Philly.

Norv Turner is now Dead Man Walking in San Diego after the Monday Night Debacle.

(Feels like I'm forgetting something else.... if so, I'll amend this later....)

If you ask me, this is all stuff that should have already happened. Holmgren hasn't done anything impressive during his time in Cleveland, Turner has been a bad coach for several seasons, and Castillo should never have been moved to DC in the first place.

Philly should be firing whoever thinks it is a great idea to have Vick passing the ball so much and ignoring their best weapon LeSean McCoy. This season just shows why Andy Reid is such a bad coach. Instead of leaning on McCoy more Reid continues to run his pass happy offense that Vick fails at.

Cannot say I blame them for moving on from Holmgren. He really has not turned that team around at all. They are still the bottom dweller they were when he was hired.

Philly should be firing whoever thinks it is a great idea to have Vick passing the ball so much and ignoring their best weapon LeSean McCoy. This season just shows why Andy Reid is such a bad coach. Instead of leaning on McCoy more Reid continues to run his pass happy offense that Vick fails at.

Cannot say I blame them for moving on from Holmgren. He really has not turned that team around at all. They are still the bottom dweller they were when he was hired.

Agree on both. I think Reid is a good coach, but I don't know why he is so insistent on passing the ball when last year, McCoy got like 20 TDs. McCoy needs the ball in his hands, he is one of the best players in the league when he has the ball in the open field. If you do want to pass, do high percentage passes with short drop backs. That Eagles' OL doesn't give Vick any help. Run McCoy on some screens or have him line up as a wideout and run some short routes. Give Vick the confidence he needs, get McCoy the touches he deserves, get your offense the points you need.

As for Holmgren, I was never sold on him in Cleveland. When he hired Shurmur, my hunch of his hire being a bad decision was reinforced. He has had a lot of opportunities, but hasn't done anything to improve the Browns in a very competitive division.

Agree on both. I think Reid is a good coach, but I don't know why he is so insistent on passing the ball when last year, McCoy got like 20 TDs. McCoy needs the ball in his hands, he is one of the best players in the league when he has the ball in the open field. If you do want to pass, do high percentage passes with short drop backs. That Eagles' OL doesn't give Vick any help. Run McCoy on some screens or have him line up as a wideout and run some short routes. Give Vick the confidence he needs, get McCoy the touches he deserves, get your offense the points you need.

As for Holmgren, I was never sold on him in Cleveland. When he hired Shurmur, my hunch of his hire being a bad decision was reinforced. He has had a lot of opportunities, but hasn't done anything to improve the Browns in a very competitive division.

agreed on both of your points