Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arians took off the chains

TheJACKCOLT

Arians took off the chains Sunday and let Luck run the offense and the results were 27 second half points. I really liked the gunslinger mentality we played with Sunday I don't know if it was because Arians felt like he didn't have anyone looking over his shoulder or what it was but, I loved it. We let it all hang out Sunday and it was exciting. I say more no-huddle and just let it rip, in the up tempo Luck can really get in a rhythm and can be almost impossible to stop.

I don't know if it was because Arians felt like he didn't have anyone looking over his shoulder or what it was

Let's start with the fact that we were down 18 points. Then we have to acknowledge how awesome the defense was in the second half. And then we have to again mention that we were down 18 points.

threw so many times because it was the Packers, there secondary has not played well this season and it was out of necessity because we were down so much at halftime, Im pretty certain we wont need to throw it nearly that many times vs the Jets

If we could only play with that comeback mentality when we are leading as well... We are a better team when we are losing. "Adrenaline junkies." Remember someone describing the Yankees like that they year they last won the WS. A lot of it is play calling, but Luck just seems to turn it on when it's on the line.

The chains were off in the first half and they were down 21-3. They got back into the game because of defense(forcing a turnover, sacking Rodgers) and the fact they established a running game. Luck's timely running didn't hurt. The point is it wasn't an aerial circus that got us back into the game.

I do realize that we were down by 18 but, even in the first half the play calling was a little more aggressive, we had a few penaltys in the first half that stalled drives. Even once we got the lead we didn't go conservative, we kept playing aggressive and were trying to put more points on the board, it definetly wasn't the same conservative play we have seen the last three games. I believe Arians will continue to open up the offense. I'am not saying throw 55 times each week, we still need to run the ball but, by opening up the offense, the running game was more effective Sunday.

Guys I know the defense played a great game Sunday, the whole team did. All I'am saying is that we seem to come out with a more aggressive aproach Sunday, I'am not trying to slight the defense or Pags or not realizing it was the Packers we were playing. we simply came out of the gate with a little different plan of attack and I liked it. This is a positive post, not trying to overlook the situation.Just noticed a more aggressive approach the entire game.