Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very Good Game Review I Agree With Alot Of It

bayone

Not This is Stampede Blue link'

but the notes are sound and good points made, in fact some were uttered by the announcers last night ,

such as Painter just locking onto primary read except for time he looked off and thre that bomb to Eayne, That was a nice deep throw

A good Point is made on what Anderson did Vs Rogers & That Hughes failed to do Vs 3rd Packer QB late on similar play which could have ended the game with a win as happened late into last drive

My link

Not This is Stampede Blue link'

but the notes are sound and good points made, in fact some were uttered by the announcers last night ,

such as Painter just locking onto primary read except for time he looked off and thre that bomb to Eayne, That was a nice deep throw

A good Point is made on what Anderson did Vs Rogers & That Hughes failed to do Vs 3rd Packer QB late on similar play which could have ended the game with a win as happened late into last drive

My link

I read that earlier, and in spite of the usual digs that BBS has to get in on Hughes and the FO, it was actually pretty well written. 18to88, Coltzilla, and Coltsider also have good write ups.

I also really appreciate some of the people posting on this board who rewatch the games and study individual play. Hint, Coffee, Chad, etal...

Yeah that is something I haven't seen brought up is that was bad coaching once again not having the hands team out there on that onside kick. Caldwell will never learn. We need a better coach period.

Look around it has been brought up by the normal Caldwell hatters. The Chip Vaughn thred even has people blameing Caldwell for Vaughn's screw ups.

If you want to rip Caldwell for the no hands team that's fine but you also have to give him credit for the defensive effort as a whole last night. After both pre-season games people were very worried about how the defense was playing. Last night they were much better. Someone had to coach those guys up.

Yeah that is something I haven't seen brought up is that was bad coaching once again not having the hands team out there on that onside kick. Caldwell will never learn. We need a better coach period.

Well hopefully he has finally learned .. With the teams kicking from the 40 now, and very few run backs occur, why not always use the hands team in the 4th quarter??

Look around it has been brought up by the normal Caldwell hatters. The Chip Vaughn thred even has people blameing Caldwell for Vaughn's screw ups.

If you want to rip Caldwell for the no hands team that's fine but you also have to give him credit for the defensive effort as a whole last night. After both pre-season games people were very worried about how the defense was playing. Last night they were much better. Someone had to coach those guys up.

Not only were they much better, but it was against the defending champs. They kept it close without Peyton Manning scoring on the other side. That's just coaching.

People hate on Caldwell because it's easy. There's no knowledge or criteria involved. It's just easy to do it because the camera always catches him staring. They think screaming and spitting means that a coach is more emotionally involved in the game, which is grade-A bull plop.

Not only were they much better, but it was against the defending champs. They kept it close without Peyton Manning scoring on the other side.

Exactly add to that we lost this exact same game last season 56-24 last year WITH Peyton. We should have lost like that again last night based on what we saw in two games. What we got was an effort that should have been good enough to beat the Pack, all be it pre-season. Something happened and I am guessing that was some good coaching this week in practice. If we get that kinda effort Peyton or no Peyton we are going to give the Texans everything they can handle week one.

Exactly add to that we lost this exact same game last season 56-24 last year WITH Peyton. We should have lost like that again last night based on what we saw in two games. What we got was an effort that should have been good enough to beat the Pack, all be it pre-season. Something happened and I am guessing that was some good coaching this week in practice. If we get that kinda effort Peyton or no Peyton we are going to give the Texans everything they can handle week one.

Thanks for the good post. I get so tired of hearing Caldwell getting bashed. I thought the team as a whole played pretty good last night after the first 2 games. It showed that there was a game plan. It was a shame that Vaughn messed up but I'm betting that he played hisself out of a roster spot. Painter played better but he is so inconsistant that I would have to see more games with him playing as well to determine

his ability. I have heard that Collins will be playing Thursday night so I wonder if he will play the whole game or what. Maybe Painter will get more playing time. I guess we will find out Thursday.

Some nice points made, nice write up. As for the good coach/bad coaching vs this player is bad or good vs preseason teams, it is not apples to apples comparisson IMHO. Both sides of the ball are being handled differently and key players were out for whatever the reasons. When we see the first real game played and the starters are there, then we will see if we have players who have been coached up or bad coaches who could not tap the talent of the player or simply just a bad player alltogether. We soon shall see.

Thanks for the good post. I get so tired of hearing Caldwell getting bashed. I thought the team as a whole played pretty good last night after the first 2 games. It showed that there was a game plan. It was a shame that Vaughn messed up but I'm betting that he played hisself out of a roster spot. Painter played better but he is so inconsistant that I would have to see more games with him playing as well to determine

his ability. I have heard that Collins will be playing Thursday night so I wonder if he will play the whole game or what. Maybe Painter will get more playing time. I guess we will find out Thursday.

Well this is going to be tricky. Normally the starters don't even play in this game. So the Colts have to balance the starters so Collins can get snaps with them vs. sitting them. You don't gan much if Collins and the starters tear up the Bengals second and third stringers. I would GUESS they will play Collins with the starters for a quarter MAYE but probably not two. I would guess they give Painter the second and maybe the third and play Orvlosky in the 4th or something to those effects.

I think Collins has to have a little more game throwing time since he had been out for all of this time so he should play with even some back ups just to get the speed down some more. I am of the belief though that Manning comes in and starts the first game though so the team may know that as well and adjust the game plan accordingly.

I think Collins has to have a little more game throwing time since he had been out for all of this time so he should play with even some back ups just to get the speed down some more. I am of the belief though that Manning comes in and starts the first game though so the team may know that as well and adjust the game plan accordingly.

I am not too worried about Collins getting the speed down. He was retired for seven weeks not seven years. Like any guy who has been out of football for an off-season it'll take him probably a half for that to come back and he'll be fine. I would agree he could use more time in the offense just to have time in it to make sure he has the system down. I am with you in that I still think Manning plays.