Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fitz was almost an Eagle

21isSuperman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064817/article/larry-fitzgerald-of-cardinals-i-was-almost-a-philadelphia-eagle?module=HP11_headline_stack

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald told CSNPhilly.com on Friday that the Philadelphia Eagles offered the Cardinals a first- and a third-round draft choice for him in 2008.

The story doesn't say what kept the trade from happening, and does not include a comment from anyone in the Eagles' organization.

--

If the trade had gone through, the Eagles' WR group would include Jackson, Maclin, and Fitz. That would be one of the better WR groups in the NFL.

The story doesn't say what kept the trade from happening, and does not include a comment from anyone in the Eagles' organization.

Cards rejected offer of a 1st and 3rd - not nearly enough in their eyes to part with a very young and gifted receiver. That was when the Cards resigned him. Credit to Fitz for remaining loyal to them despite their record.

Nice find 21 is. I feel it would have been a really interesting development in the Eagle's offense.....Vick to Fitz....with a WOW factor!! Thanks for posting. :thmup:

dont know if the eagles would have invested in vick if they got fitz. i am with an offense of mcnabb, mccoy, fitz, jackson, maclin, and celek mcnabb would win superbowls so there would have been no reason to pick up vick