Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Chapman status

superrep1967

+1. If he's healthy enough to be part of the NT rotation the last few games of the season and his conditioning gets up to snuff, that's a good rookie year given the circumstances. The real bonus comes next year and beyond, because a healthy Josh Chapman is a 2nd round talent that only cost us a 5th round pick and some patience.

In a strange way we traded a fifth rounder last year for a second rounder this coming year :)

Arians was asked about Chapman today and he said he is going to be on practice field in 2 weeks. On the other hand he said that they don't want to risk it because they feel like they invested a lot in him. He also simply said that Chapman is going to be very good.

I expect him to be back on the field at least by the time we have to play Marsha Brady and Co.

I expect him to be back on the field at least by the time we have to play Marsha Brady and Co.

Arians was asked about Chapman today and he said he is going to be on practice field in 2 weeks. On the other hand he said that they don't want to risk it because they feel like they invested a lot in him. He also simply said that Chapman is going to be very good.

Chapman's return iffy

This is Week 6 of the NFL season, meaning another Colts nose tackle, Josh Chapman, is eligible to return to the active roster. Chapman has been on the physically unable to perform list while recovering from offseason reconstructive knee surgery.

He will not return sooner than a couple weeks, if at all. The Colts believe they have a steal in Chapman, whom they acquired in the fifth round of the draft.

“It’s going to be a very hard decision whether or not we go with him this year,” Arians said. “We’ve got a lot invested and he’s going to be a heckuva player.”

Chapman hopes his time comes this year but he will continue to rehabilitate regardless.

“It’s getting that confidence back,” he said. “I really don’t feel much pain, just getting my strength day by day, week by week.”

http://www.indystar....p-Colts-defense

I'm thinking he's going to be sat this year....he played a whole season with one leg basically and dominated.....this pick was an investment..after getting OLine help in the first round I'm pretty sure the team is going to be focused on building up the defense Josh is the centerpiece of these improvements

i say rest him for next year. our defense is gonna be stacked next year. now all we need is a SS to play opposite bethea so he can do what he does best and thats play the ball instead of having to come up and make the tackle.