Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Guys Realize?

krunk

You guys are blowing this whole "Texans have a hard schedule and the Colts don't" thing out of proportion.

Colts:

Cleveland

KC

Texans:

Denver

Baltimore

Those are the only differences in the two schedules. And like I said, you play US twice a year...does that cancel out your two 'easy' games? I would say it does.

and those two games make your schedule hard you are playing a team that was one play away from the Super Bowl and another team that should be a Super Bowl contender while the Colts are playing two teams that look to be in the same poistion as the Colts are if not worse this season. With that said, I don't think the Colts schedule is all that easy to start with. I think it's pretty good at home but the road schedule would be hard for any team. At the Bears, Lions, Texans, Pats, and Jets is not going to be easy to anyone. Now if we took the Colts games with the Browns and KC off the schedule and replaced them with the Ravens and Broncos and having to go to Denver to play Denver yeah I'd say the Colts schedule was hard because they would be playing all the AFC playoff teams form a year ago but the Bengals and Steelers, the first two teams out and two of the NFC playoff teams including the team that had the best record in the league in the Packers and of those six games four of them would be on the road. If that's not hard I don't know what is.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch our defense in the playoffs? Whoo boy.

Didn't say you had a bad D... Just not as unbeatable as Qwizboy seems to think. Even so, it was against Cincy and Baltimore. We still haven't seen you guys put the clamps down on a team lead by an elite quarterback. That's all I want to see 1st before I anoint you "defense of the decade."

You have an over-inflated idea of how good your defense really is. I believe you guys are a solid D, but if you look back at last season, you guys feasted on inferior offenses the majority of the season. Of the offenses in the upper half of the league you guys faced last year, you only won one game. You allowed 40 to New Orleans (loss), 25 to Oakland (loss), 29 to Baltimore (loss) and 28 to Carolina (loss.) The only legit offense you shutdown all of last year was against the Falcons, holding them to 10 points. This year you've shutdown Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.... Kudos to you.

You talk about your defense and how Peyton won't be able to move the ball against it, as if it's all-time great. He just dissected a defense 10 times more storied than your own (with couple of superbowls to show for it) so I don't think he will have as difficult a time with them as you believe.

Oh yeah, those are the same exact players that won those Super Bowls, performing just as great as they did back then. Over-inflated? To use that word around here is just hypocritical. Personally, I don't care much about what happened last year, I don't care who we lost to, because this is this year. Did I say we were all-time greats? No. Putting words in my mouth there partner. You are not a Texans fan and you don't know what we are capable of. Say what you want, but we are beating the Broncos next week. Mark it.

Didn't say you had a bad D... Just not as unbeatable as Qwizboy seems to think. Even so, it was against Cincy and Baltimore. We still haven't seen you guys put the clamps down on a team lead by an elite quarterback. That's all I want to see 1st before I anoint you "defense of the decade."

No one asked for your anointment. I've said it before and I'll say it again, no team is unbeatable. And we dismantled Peyton Manning the first game of his last season with the Colts if you don't remember...and that was without all the great pieces we have today.

Oh yeah, those are the same exact players that won those Super Bowls, performing just as great as they did back then. Over-inflated? To use that word around here is just hypocritical. Personally, I don't care much about what happened last year, I don't care who we lost to, because this is this year. Did I say we were all-time greats? No. Putting words in my mouth there partner. You are not a Texans fan and you don't know what we are capable of. Say what you want, but we are beating the Broncos next week. Mark it.

Ok, scratch last year. As I said, this year, you've shutdown 2 teams who are likely competing for Matt Barkley next year. Forgive me for reserving my judgement on how good they are just yet.... And because I'm not a Texan fan, I don't know what they're defense is capable of? By that same logic, you don't know what the Broncos offense is capable of, seeing as how you're not a fan of theirs.

Say what you want, but we are beating the Broncos next week. Mark it.

Marked, indeed

Kinda like you when Texans fans tell us we shouldn't get excited about beating the Vikings and then in the same thread talk about their defense like they are the 85 Bears because they beat Miami and the Jags to start the season. Shut down Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Mathew Staford, and Aaron Rodgers and then you can talk about your defense like it's one of the all-time greats.

Just like I think it's silly for Colts fans to talk about a situation that might have us in first place in September that would mean we beat the Jags and Vikings two of the worst teams in the league I think it's equally silly for Texans fans to talk about their defense like it's all world when they shut down the Jags and Miami again two of the worst teams in the league and are really bad on offense to start with. Both the Colts maybe getting off to a 2-1 start and the Texans just being monsters on defense are due a bit in part to their easy early schedule. That's why they will play 16 games so things can even out as the year goes along. That's not to say the Texans wont be good on defense they will be but come on right now the Texans are doing what they are supposed to against two of the worst teams in the league. We saw the Colts do this countless times against the bad teams on their schedule in years past. It's not that exciting or frankly that impressive. What's impressive is if you can do the samething to Peyton Manning and the Broncos next week. You'll have that chance.

No one asked for your anointment. I've said it before and I'll say it again, no team is unbeatable. And we dismantled Peyton Manning the first game of his last season with the Colts if you don't remember...and that was without all the great pieces we have today.

Umm, no. Peyton dismantled your D (yet again) while Arian Foster ran right through ours. And as you said, those were different teams, making your point moot.

and those two games make your schedule hard you are playing a team that was one play away from the Super Bowl and another team that should be a Super Bowl contender while the Colts are playing two teams that look to be in the same poistion as the Colts are if not worse this season.

OK and both of the teams you're playing can beat you. You can be competitive against those teams, which is why the NFL set it up that way. The Browns barely lost to the Eagles (who beat the Ravens) and put up a fight against the Bengals (who was a playoff team last year) and I don't know what's up with KC. So say you go 1-1. Say we go 1-1. That leaves us even with the same opponents for the rest of the schedule, except that we get to play you and you have to face us.

You sure seem like you want it though. Anytime someone brings up the word Texans here comes Qwiz to come rushing in to say the samething over and over and over. If you are so sure about the Texans why are you guys hanging out on a Colts message board always brow beating Colts fans into admitting that the Texans are a good team? If you are so sure the Texans are great who cares what a bunch of Colts fans on the internet think?

You guys are welcome to be here I am not saying you aren't but don't give me this no one asked for your anointment when the vast majority of your posts are arguing with Colts fans who don't think the Texans are that great and don't think the Texans will be great forever. Most people would say that's looking for someone else's anointment.

OK and both of the teams you're playing can beat you. You can be competitive against those teams, which is why the NFL set it up that way. The Browns barely lost to the Eagles (who beat the Ravens) and put up a fight against the Bengals (who was a playoff team last year) and I don't know what's up with KC. So say you go 1-1. Say we go 1-1. That leaves us even with the same opponents for the rest of the schedule, except that we get to play you and you have to face us.

Didn't say they couldn't but I'd still much rather be playing the Browns and KC this year than the Ravens and Broncos if I was any team in the NFL and if you don't think having the Ravens and Broncos on your schedule makes your schedule harder than having the Browns and KC on your schedule then I have a feeling you would be in a great minority.

Ok, scratch last year. As I said, this year, you've shutdown 2 teams who are likely competing for Matt Barkley next year. Forgive me for reserving my judgement on how good they are just yet.... And because I'm not a Texan fan, I don't know what they're defense is capable of? By that same logic, you don't know what the Broncos offense is capable of, seeing as how you're not a fan of theirs.

Marked, indeed

You clearly have not watched any of our games is what I meant, actually.

Kinda like you when Texans fans tell us we shouldn't get excited about beating the Vikings and then in the same thread talk about their defense like they are the 85 Bears because they beat Miami and the Jags to start the season. Shut down Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Mathew Staford, and Aaron Rodgers and then you can talk about your defense like it's one of the all-time greats.

Just like I think it's silly for Colts fans to talk about a situation that might have us in first place in September that would mean we beat the Jags and Vikings two of the worst teams in the league I think it's equally silly for Texans fans to talk about their defense like it's all world when they shut down the Jags and Miami again two of the worst teams in the league and are really bad on offense to start with. Both the Colts maybe getting off to a 2-1 start and the Texans just being monsters on defense are due a bit in part to their easy early schedule. That's why they will play 16 games so things can even out as the year goes along. That's not to say the Texans wont be good on defense they will be but come on right now the Texans are doing what they are supposed to against two of the worst teams in the league. We saw the Colts do this countless times against the bad teams on their schedule in years past. It's not that exciting or frankly that impressive. What's impressive is if you can do the samething to Peyton Manning and the Broncos next week. You'll have that chance.

And I believe we'll do it, no matter how bad the first two teams we faced were.

I agree that too much is made of the scheduling. Any given sunday anybody can beat anybody. It's hard to say how competitive we'll be with you by the time we face. Our guys are still literally learning the offense on the go. If Luck and co continue to develop as the season goes, it could be a tough matchup for you guys. If we played right now, I don't think there's any doubt the Texans would win going away.

You sure seem like you want it though. Anytime someone brings up the word Texans here comes Qwiz to come rushing in to say the samething over and over and over. If you are so sure about the Texans why are you guys hanging out on a Colts message board always brow beating Colts fans into admitting that the Texans are a good team? If you are so sure the Texans are great who cares what a bunch of Colts fans on the internet think?

You guys are welcome to be here I am not saying you aren't but don't give me this no one asked for your anointment when the vast majority of your posts are arguing with Colts fans who don't think the Texans are that great and don't think the Texans will be great forever. Most people would say that's looking for someone else's anointment.

This isn't about my team not being loved by the darling Colts fans. It's about people coming to the conclusion that the Colts will be a playoff team while somehow the Texans will struggle and fall out of contention and not have a stranglehold on the division, which is probably what we have at this point. So I can't defend my team when I see something I don't like? That's hogwash.

It is absolutely comical reading you're posts about the all world Texans. In case you don't realize it just yet, your team has done nothing. Zero, zilch, zippo. They were one and done last yr. in the playoffs(which I might add, is the 1st time ever even going to the playoffs) and they have beat 2 bottom dwelling teams so far this season. teams don't win on paper so when the Texans actually accomplish something worth bragging about, then maybe others might buy into them too, until then.......they are nothing more than just another team.

This isn't about my team not being loved by the darling Colts fans. It's about people coming to the conclusion that the Colts will be a playoff team while somehow the Texans will struggle and fall out of contention and not have a stranglehold on the division, which is probably what we have at this point. So I can't defend my team when I see something I don't like? That's hogwash.

Your on a Colts forum for crying out loud, what do you expect? if you're looking for constant validation of your great and awesome Texans, then go hang out with other Texans fans.

It is absolutely comical reading you're posts about the all world Texans. In case you don't realize it just yet, your team has done nothing. Zero, zilch, zippo. They were one and done last yr. in the playoffs(which I might add, is the 1st time ever even going to the playoffs) and they have beat 2 bottom dwelling teams so far this season. teams don't win on paper so when the Texans actually accomplish something worth bragging about, then maybe others maight buy into them too, until then.......they are nothing more than just another team.

One and done? I'm pretty sure we won one. We also came very close to winning one, one bad ST play away. Your post is just all wrong buddy. Done nothing? 2-0 is better than 1-1. And you barely beat the Ponder-led Vikings...pssh. In case you haven't noticed, your team might very well be one of those bottom-dwelling teams this year. That's what the paid experts are saying anyway. The Texans, however, are projected as the most balanced team in the AFC and Super Bowl reps for the AFC, if the Patriots aren't. Yeah, we are just another team.

Your on a Colts forum for crying out loud, what do you expect? if you're looking for constant validation of your great and awesome Texans, then go hang out with other Texans fans.

I expect common sense, the same that I see with other fans on this forum. You don't see FJC or Nobody claiming that the Colts will win 14 and Luck will be the first rookie to win a SB. It's rubbish, I can't expect people to be realistic sense because I'm on a different team's forum? Rubbish.

You clearly have not watched any of our games is what I meant, actually.

Pretty sure that's not what you meant originally. It is now though, since I shot down your nonsensical logic by using it against you.

FYI, I typically catch 6-8 Texans games a year. Between the 2-3 I'm forced to watch when we play you guys or when we're on bye, 1-2 primetime games on sunday/monday/thurday nights, and 1-3 just off the strength that there's nothing better on at that time.

One and done? I'm pretty sure we won one. We also came very close to winning one, one bad ST play away. Your post is just all wrong buddy. Done nothing? 2-0 is better than 1-1. And you barely beat the Ponder-led Vikings...pssh. In case you haven't noticed, your team might very well be one of those bottom-dwelling teams this year. That's what the paid experts are saying anyway. The Texans, however, are projected as the most balanced team in the AFC and Super Bowl reps for the AFC, if the Patriots aren't. Yeah, we are just another team.

All I know is you will not go to Mile High and beat Manning and the Broncos. Count on that! If you do, I will personally come to the Texans message board where you hang out and call you guys the Kings of the NFL in several threads. And I will do that!

I expect common sense, the same that I see with other fans on this forum. You don't see FJC or Nobody claiming that the Colts will win 14 and Luck will be the first rookie to win a SB. It's rubbish, I can't expect people to be realistic sense because I'm on a different team's forum? Rubbish.

Hey man, you are welcomed here in Colts nation but don't think we are not going to show Colts pride. Count on it! Especially fom me!

Wow, and you complain about me putting words in your mouth? I haven't seen that on here, and if they did say it, I'm pretty sure it was tongue-in-cheek

I don't know if you're delusional or just very insecure and needy, but this isn't about the Colts. All Colts fans know that we aren't going to the super bowl this yr.. some think they may make the playoffs and I know the poster started the thread saying possibly even win the division. I don't think we'll win the division this yr., but it is possible they'll get to the playoffs, although it's highly unlikely.

Ok, so you did win a playoff game(forgot about that), but my point still stands. The Texans haven't done anything yet. 1 playoff win in how many yrs. now? Isn't anything to bragg about. nobody cares til they prove something this yr. and they make it further along in the postseason. You come to a Colts forum to seek validation for the Texans and that is just downright silly and juvenile.

Pretty sure that's not what you meant originally. It is now though, since I shot down your nonsensical logic by using it against you.

FYI, I typically catch 6-8 Texans games a year. Between the 2-3 I'm forced to watch when we play you guys or when we're on bye, 1-2 primetime games on sunday/monday/thurday nights, and 1-3 just off the strength that there's nothing better on at that time.

It is what I meant. It's amazing how you can read my mind and misinterpret my posts at the same time. 6-8, ooo boy, you really are a connosseiur of Texan football.

All I know is you will not go to Mile High and beat Manning and the Broncos. Count on that! If you do, I will personally come to the Texans message board where you hang out and call you guys the Kings of the NFL in several threads. And I will do that!

Alright, bets on man. :D

40/57, 433 yards, 3 TDs and 0 Ints with a 109.75 QBR. I hate to see youse on a bad day.

I don't know if you're delusional or just very insecure and needy, but this isn't about the Colts. All Colts fans know that we aren't going to the super bowl this yr.. some think they may make the playoffs and I know the poster started the thread saying possibly even win the division. I don't think we'll win the division this yr., but it is possible they'll get to the playoffs, although it's highly unlikely.

Ok, so you did win a playoff game(forgot about that), but my point still stands. The Texans haven't done anything yet. 1 playoff win in how many yrs. now? Isn't anything to bragg about. nobody cares til they prove something this yr. and they make it further along in the postseason. You come to a Colts forum to seek validation for the Texans and that is just downright silly and juvenile.

No, I come here for sensible conversation, not blown up expectations of a rookie quarterback who, despite how good he is, still is not Peyton Manning. So what will it be if we beat the Broncos? " Oh, Peyton's still not back to his old self", " Peyton still owns you guys, one win doesn't change anything", " It's early in the season, the Broncos weren't prepared." And I'll just laugh, because I see posts with this kind of logic all over this forum.

If its rubbish, then you are free to leave anytime. Your need for other to validate your precious team is beyond comical and people just laugh at you. 99% of Colts fans realize we are not going to the super bowl this yr.. Why does it bother you so much if a few Colts fans think the Colts could actually be better than the Texans anyway? If you are so convinced that could never happen then just laugh it off and move on, but no.......instead you have to pop in and seek more validation for the Texans on a Colts forum. I just think you must easily forget where you're posting.

And we took away what he loves most...the win. That's the only number that matters, the 1-0.

You want to play that game then i guess the only number that matters to Peyton is 16-2.\

Yeah he dismantled us, but we dismantled them more. Totally different teams now so whatever, moot point.

Peyton is singular so "them" doesn't only count for Peyton only. Which proves the point. The Texans ran all over the Colts, but you still couldn't stop Peyton.

If its rubbish, then you are free to leave anytime. Your need for other to validate your precious team is beyond comical and people just laugh at you. 99% of Colts fans realize we are not going to the super bowl this yr.. Why does it bother you so much if a few Colts fans think the Colts could actually be better than the Texans anyway? If you are so convinced that could never happen then just laugh it off and move on, but no.......instead you have to pop in and seek more validation for the Texans on a Colts forum. I just think you must easily forget where you're posting.

I'm no different than the Manning supporters who pop up and defend him when rubbish is stated again and again. I'll say it again, I don't need validation. It seems like this same exact thing comes up every week, and I have to repeat myself 2,000 times to get my point across.

No, I come here for sensible conversation, not blown up expectations of a rookie quarterback who, despite how good he is, still is not Peyton Manning. So what will it be if we beat the Broncos? " Oh, Peyton's still not back to his old self", " Peyton still owns you guys, one win doesn't change anything", " It's early in the season, the Broncos weren't prepared." And I'll just laugh, because I see posts with this kind of logic all over this forum.

Would it not be impossible to see the same logic or lack of logic being used on the Texans forum anywhere? You can find that on any forum.

You want to play that game then i guess the only number that matters to Peyton is 16-2.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Peyton not only passes but catches, rushes, covers on special teams, kicks, tackles, sacks, and makes interceptions as well. He's an individual player on a different team now. Expect different results.

TBH, I couldn't care less if you beat the Bronco's or if they pound you guy's into the ground. Makes absolutely no difference to me what so ever. All im trying to point out to you is that your need for validation for the Texans on a Colts forum is ridiculous and you are in the wrong place if thats what you're expecting.

Would it not be impossible to see the same logic or lack of logic being used on the Texans forum anywhere? You can find that on any forum.

That's not my point though. I'm criticized for shooting down that kind of logic and all of a sudden it's " Hey! You're a Texans fan! You can't say that!" Oh well. I guess that's just how things are done around here.

I'm amused with the high level of irony when Texans fans talk about their squads success's. Peyton has own'd Houston, and they've never won in Indy. I mean just keep that in perspective, this isnt the Bears Packers, where things have been historically even and that isn't changing anytime in the next 10 meetings.

Didn't say they couldn't but I'd still much rather be playing the Browns and KC this year than the Ravens and Broncos if I was any team in the NFL and if you don't think having the Ravens and Broncos on your schedule makes your schedule harder than having the Browns and KC on your schedule then I have a feeling you would be in a great minority.

The point I'm making is that we would probably have an easy time beating Cleveland (as we did last year) and KC, while you guys have to compete hard to beat those teams.

On the other hand, we have to compete hard to beat Denver and Baltimore, while most would say if they faced the Colts, would be easy victories.

Playing Cleveland/KC is by no means an easy win for the Colts. And those two teams make up the 'easy' schedule for the Colts as opposed to the Texans.

TBH, I couldn't care less if you beat the Bronco's or if they pound you guy's into the ground. Makes absolutely no difference to me what so ever. All im trying to point out to you is that your need for validation for the Texans on a Colts forum is ridiculous and you are in the wrong place if thats what you're expecting.

I don't need validation, no more than you do. I can still stick up for my team, though, and I don't care if you think we can't do diddlysquat.