Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR - Justin Blackmon

Guest BlueShoe

Guest BlueShoe

This kid is the real deal. I doubt we will be picking high enough to grab him up, but he would be a great addition to our Colts!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueShoe

We have no shot at drafting him, but he is heck of a player.

We are one player getting hurt away (Peyton) from drafting anyone we want. Please don't jinx us like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year i had over 20 different wide receivers that i wanted us to nab. The main one being Leonard Hankerson.

Jeff Fuller is the most probable one at this point in time. He is projected in the 22+ range. Of course that can change. Is 6-4 and runs a 4.42 forty. 163 receptions, 2264 receiving yards, 28 touchdowns and this season hasn't even started yet. The previous record for touchdowns was 19 for Bob Long back in 66-68. He is only the second Aggie to break the 2000 receiving yard barrier. Last season he caught 70+ passes for 1000+ yards for 12 touchdowns.

Other notable receivers i wouldn't mind seeing us take: Alshon Jeffrey(not going to happen i know) Michael Floyd, Greg Childs, Nick Toon, LaRon Byrd, Travis Benjamin and Malcolm Williams

Guest BlueShoe

well... with the peyton news.... maybe we could get blackmon... that would be INCREDIBLE. but this season could potentially suck

That dude above jinxed us by saying there is no way we would get Blackmon. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, lol. Very possible now, but we tend to get the best player available so if we have a really really bad season and Luck is there when we pick...Joe Montana(Peyton) and Steve Young(Andrew)?

Please don't say that. Joe's career ended because of injury and he finished on another team.

Manning will be back. Players have fully recovered from this before, and I expect Manning will do no less than EVERYTHING possible to make that happen.

I'm asking because I honestly don't know...I am currently watching a recording of the Oklahoma State vs Tulsa game and this is the first I've been able to watch Blackmon. So far they've run the ball a lot so haven't had the opportunity to see much yet. I'm curious though, is he really that much better than Alshon Jeffrey that it would be worth taking him at 6'1" 215 lbs compared to Jeffrey who is 6'4" and 229 lbs? If he were significantly faster or maybe was a much better route runner or something along those lines then I could see it. Since I have had no exposure till now of him I don't know these things so hoping someone who's seen him play before (preferably multiple games to have a better idea of his talent) can chime in on this.

Thanks for the links...I'll check them out. And yeah I can definitely see the comparison between Jeffrey and Megatron (if Ochocinco can put Ochocinco on the back of his Jersey then Calvin should get to put Megatron on the back of his. It would look great on that silver background..and yeah I know Ocho legally changed his name but still. :D ). I just had no idea what type of receiver Blackmon would compare to.