Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Syracuse Head Coach Says Zaire Franklin is "Uncuttable"

krunk

On 5/7/2018 at 4:00 PM, southwest1 said:

Statements like these always make me cringe when a guy is trying to make a roster because they put added pressure on Franklin & he's not being evaluated for his spousal qualifications. 

I wish the man luck. Reminds me of the same craziness coaches said about Tebow too & he's playing minor league baseball right now. 

Irsay kept Chuck around for being a stand up guy. Zaire has a shot lol.

I like the kid. Love that we're bringing in some good athletes. Team certainly won't look slow next year. But being uncuttable? We'll see. Like y'all have said, Banner got cut, and he was a fourth rounder. If Franklin stinks it up, I highly doubt Ballard would be afraid to let him go.

Although he does have one advantage. Our LBers are hot garbage right now (on paper) and he should at least be able to compete.

5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Although he does have one advantage. Our LBers are hot garbage right now (on paper) and he should at least be able to compete.

I think you are correct...... the bar to make this team at LB, with the talent that we have is low.....  Very low

I think the "bar" is scotch tape thickness high at LB........

I am putting the cleats back on!     :)

This kid will get a shot. If he wants to be uncuttable he needs to light it up on special teams...and then he will get every opportunity to take over for the LBs that we have. The only LBs I would be shocked if cut would be Leonard and Walker. No one is untouchable but I can't see Leonard not making the roster obviously and I just have a feeling deep down in my gut that Walker will fit this new scheme well and be one of our other starters. But even Walker is cutable. Guy will get his chance...and I hope he is every bit as good as his coach thinks he is.