Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Draft Strategy Has Completely Changed OR Has It......

BlueShoe

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Yeah, let's get all of our offensive lineman in the draft so when the season begins, Luck and co. will need to rely on 70% of our line being rookies.

I hear ya, but- Got a better plan?  Gonna count on Vuj and Clark???  CB is trying FA. Maybe he'll get one or some, but so far, can't get one to agree.

Assuming we pick at 6 - There will be a lot of very attractive players after the QB-frenzy is over.

I fully expect at least two of Barkley, Chubb, Nelson to be there. Then you can add top-tier talents like Minkah Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward and Roquan Smith to the mix. All obvious top 10 talents.

I would prefer Nelson. The need to improve the O-line and protect Luck, is just to important to pass on a Guard that most scouts say is the best they've ever seen.

Hoping that Hernandez drops to us in the second, is not realistic in my opinion.

Chubb might be the best passrusher in this years class, but we can get someone serviceable in the second round, or wait until next years draft. We won't be winning a lot this year anyway, so maybe look ahead to next year.

Drafting a CB.. I get the talent, but that wouldn't impress me. Don't think we improve the most by grabing a CB.

Drafting Barkley is not an option for me. There's plenty of talent in the RB pool this year, and I would expect that we could even get quality in the third round.

If we trade down, and I'm not loving that idea, then it depends on how far down we trade.

If we traded with Miami, or Bills, Nelson, Barkley and Chubb would all be gone.

The players we could then hope for, would likely be Roquan Smith, Vita Vea, Derwin James, Tremaine Edmunds, Calvin Ridley and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I expect that Ballard will go BPA. We have tons of holes on our roster, and could use an ugrade on a lot of positions. So going BPA seems the most obvious to me.

I also expect a lot of undrafted players to be given a shot.

I don't think Ballard trades down again. At least, not until draft night. I don't think any other teams will trade up with the Colts until draft night, and that's only if a QB starts to slide. Even then, I think it will take a substantial amount for him to want to trade down again.

Personally, I'd prefer to stay at 6 and get Quenton Nelson or one of the top defensive prospects.

13 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

We need a cornerback as well. 

Yes and we need a few receivers as well. This team has a lot of needs. But interior line, running back and linebacker is deep and really sweet in the 2nd round of this draft... 

I think you will see one of each (wr/db) signed before the draft, and one of each drafted somewhere. I think people shouldn't write off Minkah at #6, if we stick with #6 ( at this point, I say acquire all you can and let's go shopping in the draft )...