Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Serious Question Regarding Ballard.

Dark Superman

49 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I agree 100%.

Some posters like to be 'cyber bullies'. Cyber bullies are safe bullying behind a keyboard....its something they cant do in the real world.

If fans become rude and offensive (breaking forum rules type), I'll point out that there is a Report Post button at the top of each post. Click it on the post to report and a Moderator(s) will be 'alerted' to look into it ASAP.

Thanks in advance...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/17/2018 at 2:02 AM, bravo4460 said:

It's really hard to understand Ballard's plan. I'm not really mad about how free agency has went so far but I am surprised and just a tad upset. The Colts were in some really close games last year with "horrible coaching" I thought they could have had a playoff chance (not SB) with the right upgrades and Andrew Luck back. 

Im sure Chris Ballard has a plan but it does seem that the team has taken a step back and even lost some decent talent. It's obvious Ballard sees the Colts as a complete rebuild. Which the fans should understand. It's also hard to watch the rest of the AFC South continue to improve and spend money on productive FA.

Now on Andrew Luck. It would be awesome to watch him behind an offensive line and have available weapons on offense. He has had to carry so much pressure on him to win games practically by himself it is frustrating to see. If Andrew is healthy he should have plenty of years left on him and hopefully Ballard is bringing this Colts team in the right direction.

I think my only problem with how free agency has gone so far, is that like you said if Luck had a line and available weapons on offense he would flourish because the pressure would be off him in carrying this team..... BUT like the OP said, Ballard has had linemen coming and going and signing with other teams. Norwell who signed with Jax was a big one that he should have at least given 13 or 14 million a year for. yes I agree no guard should be paid that high, BUT when you have a QB who is making 140 Million dollars, and has been injured the last couple of years, you should invest into protecting him to keep him healthy. If i am not mistaken, we do not have a guard on that line right? Mewhort is a free agent and I havent seen anything in terms of the two sides talking about a new contract. I honestly do not think Fluker or Cooper could be an answer to filling those spots. 

Plus what is the point of having the money to use to make an upgrade somewhere if you're not going to use it? Not saying use it all, but as i said with Norwell, could have used it to offer him 13, 14 or 15 Million a year. offering one guy that is not going to break the bank. Like you, it's frustrating to me watching Luck having to carry this team every game. almost to the point that I feel sorry for the guy.

On 3/18/2018 at 10:46 AM, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Do you guys think we missed an opportunity on Mattheu? 1 yr 6.5, wouldve been a good pick up in my opinon. 

Where would you put him? Hooker and Geathers are the safeties. Plus watching his press conference, he said what made it easy for him to sign with Houston was because they have a really good defensive line, young group at linebacker and veteran presence at corner back, plus a good enough offense. 

the colts? really there is no identity yet. a mess on both sides of the ball. so yeah the colts could have offered a 1 yr 10 million dollar contract, and i still think he would have taken houston over indy. 

But yeah it would be nice to have him though. especially on the contract he signed with Houston. 

2 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Where would you put him? Hooker and Geathers are the safeties. Plus watching his press conference, he said what made it easy for him to sign with Houston was because they have a really good defensive line, young group at linebacker and veteran presence at corner back, plus a good enough offense. 

the colts? really there is no identity yet. a mess on both sides of the ball. so yeah the colts could have offered a 1 yr 10 million dollar contract, and i still think he would have taken houston over indy. 

But yeah it would be nice to have him though. especially on the contract he signed with Houston. 

You're right he probably wouldn't haved signed with us bit the two guys you mentioned are no locks for our D. If Im not mistaken both missed almost the entire season due to injury, Geathers more games missed than he has played during his time in Indy. Hope they both can stay healthy.