Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Belichick With Spiral Notepad and Pen

King Colt

Anyone notice Belichick using a 3"X4" spiral pocket notepad to take notes on the sideline? I don't recall when he threw his tablet in disgust but apparently he has trashed it for good in favor of a pocket notepad and pen. I saw his bit on 30-30 or whatever it was when he said he can't figure out how to program his SUV radio so I'm guessing he is hardcore old school.  Pretty odd considering his obsession for detail. It may be a better idea if he can keep notes in his head. Why stare at a tablet typing with one finger when you can scribble abbreviated words in a fraction of the time?  Bottom line it's X's and O's.

Belichick also loves the white board with black sharpie if he needs to share the finer details with his sideline players.

If you notice too, Matt Patricia commonly has a pencil resting on his ear, which has become a bit of a signature look of his, Goodell bozo shirt not withstanding.

Belichick likes to surround himself with smart personnel and players, even if the players are undersized.

BB always uses a pencil and paper/note pad.  Been doing it for a long time, just an old habit.  Plus things are handy when he needs to look at his notes of the game.  

Even with modern technology one would have to text the notes, which might be more work than writing.

His thing with the Snapface pads was they were not working one time and thus not useful, at least the polaroids don't break down.

I have seen him look at the pads here and there, but for notes he goes to pad and pencil.  

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

Anyone notice Belichick using a 3"X4" spiral pocket notepad to take notes on the sideline? I don't recall when he threw his tablet in disgust but apparently he has trashed it for good in favor of a pocket notepad and pen. I saw his bit on 30-30 or whatever it was when he said he can't figure out how to program his SUV radio so I'm guessing he is hardcore old school.  Pretty odd considering his obsession for detail. It may be a better idea if he can keep notes in his head. Why stare at a tablet typing with one finger when you can scribble abbreviated words in a fraction of the time?  Bottom line it's X's and O's.

No I never noticed. I haven't been that involved in studying his personal habits.

23 hours ago, aaron11 said:

you find this thread worthy?  i was thinking the same thing about the power ranking one yesterday

haha

40 minutes ago, King Colt said:

If you are not on the forum staff you should simply ignore and move on from items you are not interested in.

Pot.  Kettle.  Kettle.  Pot.

black-kettle.jpg

16 hours ago, King Colt said:

Ah yes pictures where words fail.

I was light-heartedly trying to suggest that you take your own advice.  :thmup:

You've made comments in other threads very similar to the one @aaron11 made in this one.  Numerous times.  I suggest you go back and read some of your older posts.

It kinda stings when the shoe is on the other foot and someone makes a disparaging comment like that in a thread you started, doesn't it?

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I was light-heartedly trying to suggest that you take your own advice.  :thmup:

You've made comments in other threads very similar to the one @aaron11 made in this one.  Numerous times.  I suggest you go back and read some of your older posts.

It kinda stings when the shoe is on the other foot and someone makes a disparaging comment like that in a thread you started, doesn't it?

Are the forum counselor? Don't I need an appointment for your advice. Don't lose sight of how meaningless some post are. You should consider these words before you preach.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Are the forum counselor? Don't I need an appointment for your advice. Don't lose sight of how meaningless some post are. You should consider these words before you preach.

You are the one that told another member to "move on" unless they were "forum staff" because they didn't see the point of your thread.  Yet you've gone out of your way to point out how pointless other threads are.  If you took your own advice, you would "ignore and move on" instead of making comments about how pointless a thread is.  You are the pot calling the kettle black.

So again, I'm just asking you to take your own advice.

Either respect everyones' opinions, or don't let your feelings get hurt when someone disrespects yours.  You can't have it both ways.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, Yehoodi said:

BB always uses a pencil and paper/note pad.  Been doing it for a long time, just an old habit.  Plus things are handy when he needs to look at his notes of the game.  

Even with modern technology one would have to text the notes, which might be more work than writing.

His thing with the Snapface pads was they were not working one time and thus not useful, at least the polaroids don't break down.

I have seen him look at the pads here and there, but for notes he goes to pad and pencil.  

plus you have an idea what he's doing. Like the defensive guy who got the penalty pushing to the face when we had them stopped on 3rd down.  Switch to the sidelines BB making a note. Bet he heard an earful the next day :) 

13 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You are the one that told another member to "move on" unless they were "forum staff" because they didn't see the point of your thread.  Yet you've gone out of your way to point out how pointless other threads are.  If you took your own advice, you would "ignore and move on" instead of making comments about how pointless a thread is.  You are the pot calling the kettle black.

So again, I'm just asking you to take your own advice.

Either respect everyones' opinions, or don't let your feelings get hurt when someone disrespects yours.  You can't have it both ways.

You said "pointless"

On 10/8/2017 at 10:29 PM, -JJ- said:

plus you have an idea what he's doing. Like the defensive guy who got the penalty pushing to the face when we had them stopped on 3rd down.  Switch to the sidelines BB making a note. Bet he heard an earful the next day :) 

Agreed.   I find myself sometimes trying to figure out what he is writing when he is seen writing.  I think back to the few previous plays to think what he might be writing.