Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Mock Draft 3.0 completely new picks

1. Jabrill Peppers S

I love his skillset and his play making ability. His versatility is something we all know pagano would love. We can actually use him in many different packages and take advantage of different matchups. 

2.Jordan Willis OLB

Disruptive pass rusher with great size and very fast. Strong performance at the combine with a 4.5 40. got 11.5 sacks and 17.5 tackels for losses. 

3.Ahkello Witherspoon CB

Lengthy fast physical with 22 pass break ups last year, however he does have some off the field issues

4. Brain Hill RB

Big and thick runner with 4.5 speed. Had 1900 yards and 22 tds last year. Not much of a threat in the passing game though.

4.Anthony Walker ILB/OLB

A lot of potential in walker who had a down year last year, but that can be due to gaining 20 pounds and losing a lot of his speed and explosiveness. Before 2016, he had 122 tackles, 20.5 tackles for losses. He has good size at 6-1 240 with 4.6 speed. If he returns to form, hes a steal at the end of the 4th

4.Lorenzo Jerome S

Probably a reach, but I love this kid. Great ball skills and has 18 ints in his 4 year career. Not the fastest or biggest guy, but is always around the ball.

5.Kareem Are G 

Powerful in the run game, but needs a little more help at pass blocking. Cook actually struggled when Are was out two games with a concussion. A little raw and has had injuries, but could be a real gem.

I think with all of the additions in the front 7, ballard might focus on the secondary more in the draft. I know I drafted two Safeties, but peppers is more to play all over the field while jerome is the center fielder

Besides Witherspoon, it's turrible. 

Jabrill Peppers 2014-2016 Coverage Stats While the Primary Defender (via @PFF_College): 94 Times Targeted
58 RECEPTIONS ALLOWED
6 Passes Defended
0 INTs (1 deflection as secondary defender) (via @CFBFilmRoom)
2015 20.4% missed tackle rate as a Safety/DB
2016 Targeted 12 times as primary defender Allowed 8 receptions for 93 yards (11.625 yds avg.) and 6 1st downs
I don't like his tape either. He needs a lott of coaching up to be able to play FS. 

Yeah I just think that's too high for Peppers.  Just IMHO though.  Watch, he'll turn into a 7-time Pro-Bowler and HOF player.haha

Of course you aren't grading a draft so much for how good the players are, but also where you could have drafted them.  if he can be had in the 2nd round that makes it look MUCH better.

14 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Besides Witherspoon, it's turrible. 

Jabrill Peppers 2014-2016 Coverage Stats While the Primary Defender (via @PFF_College): 94 Times Targeted
58 RECEPTIONS ALLOWED
6 Passes Defended
0 INTs (1 deflection as secondary defender) (via @CFBFilmRoom)
2015 20.4% missed tackle rate as a Safety/DB
2016 Targeted 12 times as primary defender Allowed 8 receptions for 93 yards (11.625 yds avg.) and 6 1st downs

you forgot to mention 16 tackles for losses, and 4 sacks, the point of having peppers is to create different matchups and line him up in different spots on the field. reddick tak and cook are not the only options. whats wrong with the other picks

Peppers will need to play a role similar to Clayton Geathers, so the two do not fit well with each other. I like Willis in round 2 if no 1st round talent corners are there. Ahkello is a beast idk if he falls to the 3rd tho. Brian Hill fits better in a power running scheme apposed to our zone blocking scheme and has stones for hands, don't like him. Walker could be a starter or he could be another late round LB bust, I'd rather take an ILB earlier because its a huge need. A 2nd corner to play the slot is way more important then a 2nd safety don't like this pick at all. I dont think a 5th round guard does anything to improve this team, rather go TE or WR

1 minute ago, Tmoney said:

Peppers will need to play a role similar to Clayton Geathers, so the two do not fit well with each other. I like Willis in round 2 if no 1st round talent corners are there. Ahkello is a beast idk if he falls to the 3rd tho. Brian Hill fits better in a power running scheme apposed to our zone blocking scheme and has stones for hands, don't like him. Walker could be a starter or he could be another late round LB bust, I'd rather take an ILB earlier because its a huge need. A 2nd corner to play the slot is way more important then a 2nd safety don't like this pick at all. I dont think a 5th round guard does anything to improve this team, rather go TE or WR

geathers doesnt line up everywhere thats the point of peppers. gore is a power runner, he did fine. we have butler and melvin that can play CB. we dont have anyone to play safety besides geathers as green still needs more work. Doyle and swoope are fine we just need depth and the more line depth the better with all the injuries we get

I'm not that high on Peppers. I think we need to get 2CB from this class.

Walker could pan out but if it wasn't for his 2015 season he might go undrafted. Witherspoon  and Jerome I like and Willis if no one falls i.e. McKinley Harris 

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

you forgot to mention 16 tackles for losses, and 4 sacks, the point of having peppers is to create different matchups and line him up in different spots on the field. reddick tak and cook are not the only options. whats wrong with the other picks

Eh those don't make up for it. And there's more than Reddick and Takk. Please don't even bring up Cook at 15.

And the other picks. I think there's better options than Willis, Walker and Jerome at those spots. 

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Eh those don't make up for it. And there's more than Reddick and Takk. Please don't even bring up Cook at 15.

And the other picks. I think there's better options than Willis, Walker and Jerome at those spots. 

cook at 15. cook at 15. cook at 15 :thmup:

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

geathers doesnt line up everywhere thats the point of peppers. gore is a power runner, he did fine. we have butler and melvin that can play CB. we dont have anyone to play safety besides geathers as green still needs more work. Doyle and swoope are fine we just need depth and the more line depth the better with all the injuries we get

Geathers lines up everywhere peppers does linebacker/safety peppers can't play corner and he's not ganna rush the passer so idk what you mean. If you paid attention Darius Butler moved to FS last year and is no longer our nickel corner and Melvin is not good enough to rely on as your #2. Gore has the patience and vision for our scheme where Brian Hill doesn't. Love Doyle and swoope but plenty of run blocking TEs to fill DAs role instead of a guard who will compete for a 4th string spot. Swoopes has the versatility to play some WR and he's not the ideal blocker. We have enough young guys who have potential on the O-line if we draft 1 it needs to be early and he needs to be a stud not a project. 

37 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Geathers lines up everywhere peppers does linebacker/safety peppers can't play corner and he's not ganna rush the passer so idk what you mean. If you paid attention Darius Butler moved to FS last year and is no longer our nickel corner and Melvin is not good enough to rely on as your #2. Gore has the patience and vision for our scheme where Brian Hill doesn't. Love Doyle and swoope but plenty of run blocking TEs to fill DAs role instead of a guard who will compete for a 4th string spot. Swoopes has the versatility to play some WR and he's not the ideal blocker. We have enough young guys who have potential on the O-line if we draft 1 it needs to be early and he needs to be a stud not a project. 

No geathers just stays close to the line. Didn't say he'll play corner, I said we can line him up on different spots on the field. With the amount of injuries we get at CB, it's only a matter of time til Butler is moved to the slot. Hill has power and speed, kind of like a faster turbin. 4th string? RG and RT are wide open and we get a lot of injuries on the line

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No geathers just stays close to the line. Didn't say he'll play corner, I said we can line him up on different spots on the field. With the amount of injuries we get at CB, it's only a matter of time til Butler is moved to the slot. Hill has power and speed, kind of like a faster turbin. 4th string? RG and RT are wide open and we get a lot of injuries on the line

No he doesn't friend, Clayton is a true SS that plays from the box and also the deep half. Please watch more film on him. He can play LB and SS Peppers is not as versatile as you think. And at 5'10 213 he's not going to be very successful in the box. Clayton Geathers does everything Peppers does, except return kicks, but he's 6'2 220. Yes a lot of injuries at corner, so draft some!! Your logic is to draft 2 safeties so when we do experience injuries at cb we force our starting FS to corner? Brian Hill does have power and speed, he's not Turbin at all because Hill can't block and he can't catch which are the two things Turbin does best. Haeg, Schwenke, Good, your guy. Flip flop schwenke or Haeg either way your guy finishes 4th. 

14 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

No he doesn't friend, Clayton is a true SS that plays from the box and also the deep half. Please watch more film on him. He can play LB and SS Peppers is not as versatile as you think. And at 5'10 213 he's not going to be very successful in the box. Clayton Geathers does everything Peppers does, except return kicks, but he's 6'2 220. Yes a lot of injuries at corner, so draft some!! Your logic is to draft 2 safeties so when we do experience injuries at cb we force our starting FS to corner? Brian Hill does have power and speed, he's not Turbin at all because Hill can't block and he can't catch which are the two things Turbin does best. Haeg, Schwenke, Good, your guy. Flip flop schwenke or Haeg either way your guy finishes 4th. 

Again you're not reading correctly. I said line him up. I didn't say play in the box. I did draft a CB, but guess what we don't have any safety depth. Butler for all we know will be a one year fill in. As for hill, you expect a fourth round rb to be able to pass protect? I meant him and turbin were similar runners. Schwenke will be lucky to make it to camp

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Again you're not reading correctly. I said line him up. I didn't say play in the box. I did draft a CB, but guess what we don't have any safety depth. Butler for all we know will be a one year fill in. As for hill, you expect a fourth round rb to be able to pass protect? I meant him and turbin were similar runners. Schwenke will be lucky to make it to camp

Not in the box, not on the slot, not as an outside corner. How is Peppers so versatile? Line him up where then? Butler very well could be that, so why worry about it now? Worry about it next year that's the point of the 1 year deal. I expect any RB who wants any playing time in the NFL to be able to pass protect. If him and Turbin run similar why would we want him, we have Turbin for 2 more years. Schwenke will compete for the starting job but hopefully Joe Haeg beats him out.

5 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Not in the box, not on the slot, not as an outside corner. How is Peppers so versatile? Line him up where then? Butler very well could be that, so why worry about it now? Worry about it next year that's the point of the 1 year deal. I expect any RB who wants any playing time in the NFL to be able to pass protect. If him and Turbin run similar why would we want him, we have Turbin for 2 more years. Schwenke will compete for the starting job but hopefully Joe Haeg beats him out.

Try TEs and RBs and roaming around the field. You expect every rookie rb to be an expert at pass blocking? You have way too high expectations. I don't know what you think schwenke is if you think he'll start. He's just depth. Nothing else

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Try TEs and RBs and roaming around the field. You expect every rookie rb to be an expert at pass blocking? You have way too high expectations. I don't know what you think schwenke is if you think he'll start. He's just depth. Nothing else

This isn't the safari brah you don't just have guys "roaming" the field playing positionless football. I expect any good rookie RB to able to do it all this is the NFL. Schwenke started for one of the better o-lines last year, he was brought in to compete and potentially start.

8 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

This isn't the safari brah you don't just have guys "roaming" the field playing positionless football. I expect any good rookie RB to able to do it all this is the NFL. Schwenke started for one of the better o-lines last year, he was brought in to compete and potentially start.

What do you think Bob did? His role was called the robber. Basically spying the field and play the ball. He has two really good pass blocking backs to learn from. Yeah the weakest link. He's not starting