Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'd like to see this management team complete a

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Hawkins? You mean Hankins? And you don't give a NT a 7 year deal. Hell you don't really give anybody a 7 year deal unless we could backload it all, then cut him someway or another without a big cap hit.

Its all about the guaranteed money.  The years are almost meaningless.  

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Its all about the guaranteed money.  The years are almost meaningless.  

See honestly I don't understand how the salary cap works. I know it can be manipulated, though. I've watched football for years and years, but I never could/can understand exactly how the cap works. I know if a guy signs a 1 year 10 million dollar deal his cap hit is 10 million right? But multi year deals.....No clue. but math was never my strong suit lmao .....Hey. At least I'm honest right? LOL I'm just a jock. LOL

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

See honestly I don't understand how the salary cap works. I know it can be manipulated, though. I've watched football for years and years, but I never could/can understand exactly how the cap works. I know if a guy signs a 1 year 10 million dollar deal his cap hit is 10 million right? But multi year deals.....No clue. but math was never my strong suit lmao .....Hey. At least I'm honest right? LOL I'm just a jock. LOL

Lol!  I'm no expert.  I guess it's all in the way they load the years and the incentives.  Check out spotrac, it's pretty thorough.   

I would give Hankins a 3 yr. deal @ 7 mil a yr.  But so far not an inkling of any reported interest from us.  Other options?  Yes, trade for Dan Shelton the big starting NT on the Browns. He is still in his rookie contract.  Playing extremely well and they are switching to a 4-3.  I have posted this before and now that it appears we are not interested in Hankins I am hoping CB makes an inquiry.  

Just now, evilleseniorfan said:

Sorry I spelled it wrong!  Sorry you don't like the contract terms.  The POINT is, is this a key piece we need NOW to rebuild this defense NOW?  

I dont know, is he really?  I'm a Buckeye and he was a great college player, but is he really a difference maker in the pros?

I'd take him, but he's not worth selling the farm.  

1 minute ago, evilleseniorfan said:

Sorry I spelled it wrong!  Sorry you don't like the contract terms.  The POINT is, is this a key piece we need NOW to rebuild this defense NOW?  

This.....I agree with. Do it now. don't wait. And we can come dang close with this draft the way things are looking with 1st round talents like Lewis, Jones, and Mixon who'll fall to the 3rd-4th round. If we grab those 3 in the 3rd-4th, plus hit BIG on our 1-2 picks..........Then its on. Especially the year after this coming one when Jones is able to play and our rookies are in their 2nd season, and we have more good rookies

I don't want to see Hankins signed for all that money. He has no market. He is looking at a prove it deal which really means no team  thinks he's an impact player. 

I would be cautious with Jones too. He has yet to show anything in the NFL. An Achilles is a bad injury.  This class is deep we can find help in the 4/5 rounds and we need to. Let someone else red shirt Jones. 

Lewis I'd digging for the scoop We can't touch him until we know the deal. Lewis and Jones were 2 of my favorites in this draft. It's really to bad for Jones I feel for him. Lewis is just stupid. I've seen my fair share of crazy never be charged with DV because I don't put my hands on women