Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funk's Mock Draft 2.0

1. Hassan Reddick (ILB/OLB)- I like him as a potential 3-down type ILB, who can also be moved all over the place to help with pass rush.

2. Gareon Conley (CB) - One of Conley, Moreau, Awuzie, Wilson, K. King will be there and I'd take any of them. That's a great feeling...

3. Isaac Isiata (OG)- We need a guard and this guy seems like a great value option. Very strong, and has raves for his on-field effort and work ethic.

4. Marlon Mack (RB)- The best chance at a 3 down back we're probably going to get this late. I like Perine and some others, but Mack has won me over today.

4. George Kittle (TE)- Very exciting prospect to add to our TE group.

4. John Johnson (S)- Still seems weird he's projected this low but whatever. Solid prospect who seems like he has the polish to possibly go in an usurp Green's role year 1.

5. Elijah Lee (ILB)- The right kind of raw prospect you hope to find a good value in at this point in the draft. He's got the size and speed to do the job, has solid tackling skills and showed coverage potential. I would love to bring this guy in to continue beefing up our LB core with depth and potential.

3 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

I prefer Moreau over Conley and I'd rather take another defensive player in the 3rd over a G. Other than that, pretty good.

I feel like if you're going to take a guard, it has to be Lamp round 1. Anyone else isn't an immediate starter and is battling with Haeg for the starting RG spot.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

I feel like if you're going to take a guard, it has to be Lamp round 1. Anyone else isn't an immediate starter and is battling with Haeg for the starting RG spot.

Completely agree. Outside of Lamp or maybe Feeney there are no Gs in this draft that are instant starters.

And I don't want to use a 1st or 2nd to grab either of them at this point with our defensive holes.

24 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Completely agree. Outside of Lamp or maybe Feeney there are no Gs in this draft that are instant starters.

And I don't want to use a 1st or 2nd to grab either of them at this point with our defensive holes.

Yeah Lamp is a last choice option. But if we were to get a guard, he's the one I'd want because he can upgrade the line immediately. I don't see Asiata coming in and doing that.

16 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Why? Just curious. About Fabian over Conley. 

To be honest it's kind of a coin flip based off of what you like in a corner.

Moreau is very strong for a corner with good size, has the frame to be effective in run support as well. He is excellent at the line when it comes to press man coverage, which we play a lot of. Tested very well at the combine. His biggest worry is his lack of ball production, and his technique in coverage needs some work, but with the right coaching I think he's a solid prospect.

Conley again is a solid athlete. He's good in his coverage from press. His turnover production is better than Moreau. My worry with him is the stiffness in his backpedal and transitions.

It comes down the fact that it is easier to coach coverage technique rather than overcome body stiffness. Just my opinion though. I wouldn't be unhappy with either of them come draft night.

4 hours ago, gacker65 said:

No edge rusher.  other than that, not bad.

Fair concern. My issue with edge rusher is that everywhere the Colts draft naturally in this draft I just don't like the value of the edge rushers there. It's still a pretty big need, yes, but at least for now, i'm going to try and take the approach that it's going to take a couple years to get our defense where it needs to be. I think there will be a good value OLB in the second available, but round two is magic land for CBs and I don't think we should miss out on that since we didn't address getting a starting caliber corner at all in FA. UNLESS we try to package some picks or give away future picks to move up into the early 3rd where I believe a starting caliber CB will fall. Lastly, I think Reddick can be capable of rushing inside or out so it's not like this draft doesn't address pass rush at all at least. 

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Very fair point and it does have me rethinking it. My choice came down to a thinking which was that, for a guard, I felt getting Asiata there would be a great value, and we could still use more depth on the o-line, but in hindsight that 3rd round pick could definitely be used to find an immediate upgrade rather than a depth/competition pick.

47 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Fair concern. My issue with edge rusher is that everywhere the Colts draft naturally in this draft I just don't like the value of the edge rushers there. It's still a pretty big need, yes, but at least for now, i'm going to try and take the approach that it's going to take a couple years to get our defense where it needs to be. I think there will be a good value OLB in the second available, but round two is magic land for CBs and I don't think we should miss out on that since we didn't address getting a starting caliber corner at all in FA. UNLESS we try to package some picks or give away future picks to move up into the early 3rd where I believe a starting caliber CB will fall. Lastly, I think Reddick can be capable of rushing inside or out so it's not like this draft doesn't address pass rush at all at least. 

I am good with Reddick as an ILB, whether rushing on delay blitz or back in coverage.  Not high on him as an edge rusher.

I believe there will be an edge rusher after the 1st round with value.  Might not be a day 1 starter, but will be able to contribute during the season.

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P15
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
2: R2P14
EDGE JORDAN WILLIS
KANSAS STATE
3: R3P15
DL JALEEL JOHNSON
IOWA
4: R4P14
EDGE TARELL BASHAM
OHIO
5: R4P30
RB BRIAN HILL
WYOMING
6: R4P37
LB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN
7: R5P15
DL NAZAIR JONES
NORTH CAROLINA

On 3/19/2017 at 5:01 AM, funktacious2 said:

1. Hassan Reddick (ILB/OLB)- I like him as a potential 3-down type ILB, who can also be moved all over the place to help with pass rush.

2. Gareon Conley (CB) - One of Conley, Moreau, Awuzie, Wilson, K. King will be there and I'd take any of them. That's a great feeling...

3. Isaac Isiata (OG)- We need a guard and this guy seems like a great value option. Very strong, and has raves for his on-field effort and work ethic.

4. Marlon Mack (RB)- The best chance at a 3 down back we're probably going to get this late. I like Perine and some others, but Mack has won me over today.

4. George Kittle (TE)- Very exciting prospect to add to our TE group.

4. John Johnson (S)- Still seems weird he's projected this low but whatever. Solid prospect who seems like he has the polish to possibly go in an usurp Green's role year 1.

5. Elijah Lee (ILB)- The right kind of raw prospect you hope to find a good value in at this point in the draft. He's got the size and speed to do the job, has solid tackling skills and showed coverage potential. I would love to bring this guy in to continue beefing up our LB core with depth and potential.

I think they have to go more into the secondary. I'd probably loose 2 of those offensive choices and replace with another CB and DL.