Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Too hard on luck for not beating the pats?

CR91

17 hours ago, chad72 said:

Just like Peyton learned to slay the dragon, Pagano and Luck will need to do the same vs the Patriots and Steelers. Can't wait on Brady or Big Ben to retire, teams like the Raiders and Chiefs have already stockpiled enough talent to beat us on most days, and the style of D the Chiefs play with man CBs is what it takes to beat the Patriots along with very good QB play (like Broncos last year), not the zone crap the steelers played.

Have to learn to be able to go toe-to-toe for 60 minutes against those teams giving ourselves a chance first, not just 1 or 2 good quarters.

For real my man. I really wanted KC to beat Pittsburgh because they can play the exact style of defense to stop the Pats. You can not beat them with zone blitz, Brady will carve that up, as he did all night. Press coverage all around, and an ability to get after the QB with 3 or 4 rushers, which KC can do with Houston, Hali, and Chris Jones. Pittburgh's defensive game plan was sad.  

4 hours ago, a06cc said:

Patriots had homefield "wake them up" advantage. 

lmao it was a 6:40 PM game the earlybwake uomdidnt effect them. Losing Bell and 15 of the Steelers having the Flu did.

BREAKING NEWS

NFL INVESTIGATING HOW BB WAS ABLE TO JNFECT THE STEELERS WITH INFLUENZA. Goodell quotes as saying "this is an integrity of the game issue! We can't have teams giving viruses to their competitors!" The league will commission an "independent " investigation into the matter.

lol I kid I kid 

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Pats haven't been a thing around here for 2 years. People are complaining about much smaller potatoes, with good reason. Even the Pats trolls don't bother anymore. I know they were banned and all but they could have came back. They always did before. 

Hey Aaron Rogers should sue his team for lack of support! That performance on D and the drops and fumble ugh!!

13 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Denver and the Giants displayed a blueprint for beating the Pats: Having a great pass rush, secondary, solid tackling and stopping the run effectively. Easier said than done but not impossible. Of course, the offense has to be efficient; the more multi-faceted, the better. Keep Brady on the bench with long drives. Keep mistakes and penalties to a minimum. As much as I hate the Pats, you have to give them credit.  But their day will come. 

I have seldom seen a Colts defense that was good at doing the bolded.  Every offseason we say we need to do this better. Hence my apprehension regarding the Colts beating them anytime soon. But hey I hope we do...before Brady retires.  As you say the blue print is out there.  We are just so far away from being that type of team right now.  We are making some changes now so lets hope we can get there.

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Pats haven't been a thing around here for 2 years. People are complaining about much smaller potatoes, with good reason. Even the Pats trolls don't bother anymore. I know they were banned and all but they could have came back. They always did before. 

They stopped coming because they now view the Colts as an irrelevant team that poses no threat to them.  As the saying goes keep your friends close and your enemies closer.  We fell into the later.  Not any more.  Outside of Deflategate griping they no longer have much interest.