Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like my Best Kept Secret may be Out....

4 minutes ago, Green_Ranger said:

Am I the only one who wants a stud RB RD 1?

Giving luck a RB is something I've been dreaming about since his rookie season.

Don't ever say that around here the vultures will appear to pick your bones clean...I agree we def need a franchise back and have for years...A triplet combo is a deadly formula..Much like Manning, James, Harrison was..Look at Pitt with Roethlisberger,  Brown, and Bell...Around here though they think we can find a rb in later rounds like we have tried with Josh Robinson, Kerwynn Bell..I mean if we keep trying we might find 1 in the next 10 years...

6 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Don't ever say that around here the vultures will appear to pick your bones clean...I agree we def need a franchise back and have for years...A triplet combo is a deadly formula..Much like Manning, James, Harrison was..Look at Pitt with Roethlisberger,  Brown, and Bell...Around here though they think we can find a rb in later rounds like we have tried with Josh Robinson, Kerwynn Bell..I mean if we keep trying we might find 1 in the next 10 years...

None of those big three you mention have a Super Bowl ring together...

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

None of those big three you mention have a Super Bowl ring together...

Ok ,Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin , Troy Aikman...Bradshaw, Franco, Swan.....Warner, Bruce, Faulk...Montana, Craig,  Rice...Colts should have won a couple, Peyton did seem to choke at times, and thats a travesty, and Pitt could very well win this year theyve only been together a few years..I didn't say it was a guaranteed super bowl , but it is a deadly combo and better than being 8-8..Bills went to 4 Super Bowls with Kelly, Thomas, and Reed. ..

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Ok ,Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin , Troy Aikman...Bradshaw, Franco, Swan.....Warner, Bruce, Faulk...Montana, Craig,  Rice...Colts should have won a couple, Peyton did seem to choke at times, and thats a travesty, and Pitt could very well win this year theyve only been together a few years..I didn't say it was a guaranteed super bowl , but it is a deadly combo and better than being 8-8..Bills went to 4 Super Bowls with Kelly, Thomas, and Reed. ..

Peyton didn't choke we just didn't have a complete team. Exactly like what's happening with the Luck era. Great QB masks a flawed team and then we're exposed in the playoffs. 

Just now, SP_21 said:

Peyton didn't choke we just didn't have a complete team. Exactly like what's happening with the Luck era. Great QB masks a flawed team and then we're exposed in the playoffs. 

I love Peyton, but he did choke sometimes it's true..Pittsburgh and San Diego home playoff losses should have both been Super Bowl teams. ..Peyton is the Greatest Regular season qb of all time other than Marino, but sometimes he wasn't at his best in the playoffs it sucks but it happened...

Your "Big Secret" is 100% out now. Ranked #3 overall on CBSsports draft board, which is actually a pretty good source for prospect scouting. Not #3 DE (even though he really is because 1 and 2 is Garrett and Allen), but #3 OVERALL. That is definitely going to turn heads. I'm seriously beginning to doubt he falls all the way to us at 14/15 unfortunately.

11 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Your "Big Secret" is 100% out now. Ranked #3 overall on CBSsports draft board, which is actually a pretty good source for prospect scouting. Not #3 DE (even though he really is because 1 and 2 is Garrett and Allen), but #3 OVERALL. That is definitely going to turn heads. I'm seriously beginning to doubt he falls all the way to us at 14/15 unfortunately.

Damn that sucks..I want him or Barnett if we go Pass rusher in the 1st..I like Walker too the more I watch him if we insist on olb or dline first...

12 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I like CBS Sports,  but I don't love them.

They still come out with some astonishingly silly stuff from time to time...

So, a few years ago,  Syracuse QB was the number one overall player in the country in early December,  right after the regular season,  and right before the bowl season.      Not top QB.    Top OVERALL player.     Nassib wound up going in the 4th round to the Giants.

Last year,  in September,  Josh Garnett who already had played three years of football,  one of them as a starter, was getting ready to start his 4th and final year.....    and Josh was ranked in the 700's at the start of his senior year.      For perspective,  256 guys get drafted.     So,  there could've been nearly three full drafts before Josh would've been taken.      Garnett wound up going in the first round.    I think the 49ers will regret that if they don't already,  he was more likely a high 2nd round pick.    But Chip is Chip.   

So,  my comfort level with CBS Sports is just not nearly as high.

I pay close attention to ESPN and NFL.com....     the NFL guys will start posting their top 50 really soon.    Honestly,   I'm surprised I haven't seen anything from them so far.     I expect their lists to start appearing this month.

58 minutes ago, krunk said:

I do not think Solomon Thomas is a OLB.  I do think he's a Defensive Lineman similar to Henry Anderson, almost a Henry Anderson clone with a little bit more athleticism.   Very Good player though. 

I know what HAS played.      I was hoping he could drop 10 pounds and convert to OLB.     The Stanford people I checked with thought........  maybe.       They didn't call him a freak athlete,  but they thought he might be able to make the conversion. 

And I've read some scout he might be able to convert as well.    But clearly he can play DL at a high level.   I just doubt he could play DL in a 3-4.      He'll likely be a 4-3 DE.

I'm happy for Solly....    I'm disappointed for the Colts....

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know what HAS played.      I was hoping he could drop 10 pounds and convert to OLB.     The Stanford people I checked with thought........  maybe.       They didn't call him a freak athlete,  but they thought he might be able to make the conversion. 

And I've read some scout he might be able to convert as well.    But clearly he can play DL at a high level.   I just doubt he could play DL in a 3-4.      He'll likely be a 4-3 DE.

I'm happy for Solly....    I'm disappointed for the Colts....

He should have no problem playing in a 3-4 defense.  3 or 5 technique.

Will have to bulk up some though.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

He should have no problem playing in a 3-4 defense.  3 or 5 technique.

Will have to bulk up some though.

I don't know if he can bulk up.

He came to Stanford at roughly 255.    He's now close to 275.      Don't know if he has room for anymore without losing some his his speed and quickness that makes him an exceptional player.

I don't think there are many 275 pound 3's or 5's in 3-4 defenses.....    just too small.

That's why I was hoping he'd fall to us and lose a little weight and be able to play a 3-4 OLB.    I thought he might be a terror for us.      Now that feels like a pipe dream....

Dang!   

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know if he can bulk up.

He came to Stanford at roughly 255.    He's now close to 275.      Don't know if he has room for anymore without losing some his his speed and quickness that makes him an exceptional player.

I don't think there are many 275 pound 3's or 5's in 3-4 defenses.....    just too small.

That's why I was hoping he'd fall to us and lose a little weight and be able to play a 3-4 OLB.    I thought he might be a terror for us.      Now that feels like a pipe dream....

Dang!   

Bet you he comes in to the combine heavier than 273.   Just my feeling

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Bet you he comes in to the combine heavier than 273.   Just my feeling

You may be right,  but the HC, David Shaw,  has publicly come out and said he thinks Solly will be at the combine at 275.      He also thinks Solly is going to test really, really well.      

I hope he's right.    Selfishly,  it would be good for Stanford to have a player drafted that high.    And Solly is a great kid.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You may be right,  but the HC, David Shaw,  has publicly come out and said he thinks Solly will be at the combine at 275.      He also thinks Solly is going to test really, really well.      

I hope he's right.    Selfishly,  it would be good for Stanford to have a player drafted that high.    And Solly is a great kid.

I could see him playing a 4-3 DE, but you know there's good chance a 3-4 team may want to draft him.  They'll want to know whether or not he can gain the weight.  I think he'll gain just to show it's possible.  JMO

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I could see him playing a 4-3 DE, but you know there's good chance a 3-4 team may want to draft him.  They'll want to know whether or not he can gain the weight.  I think he'll gain just to show it's possible.  JMO

Believe me,  if Solly is drafted by a team that runs a 3-4 defense,  the very first question I will have is WHERE they plan to play him?     OLB, or DE?

My instinct says he'll be taken by a 4-3 team....     but we'll find out in late April....

45 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He can be a pro bowl defensive end in a 3-4 or play either outside linebacker spot...I don't see why he can't,  you can see his athletic ability on tape he is isn't slow and he has great power...

He's fast and strong but is quite stiff. I don't think he has the bend around the edge to be an OLB

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

He's fast and strong but is quite stiff. I don't think he has the bend around the edge to be an OLB

Why cant he play and be a force at end in 3-4? Just because he doesn't play olb for us doesn't mean he can't rush the passer?Anderson hasn't been the same since the injury and Lankford is coming off injury so it's still a position of need...

11 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Why cant he play and be a force at end in 3-4? Just because he doesn't play olb for us doesn't mean he can't rush the passer?Anderson hasn't been the same since the injury and Lankford is coming off injury so it's still a position of need...

I don't think he'll be able to put on enough weight to play inside and IMO he didn't play nearly as well when Stanford lined him up inside. 

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

I don't think he'll be able to put on enough weight to play inside and IMO he didn't play nearly as well when Stanford lined him up inside. 

Fair enough...What do you think about Walker from FSU?? I think it might be too high to pick him at 15, but dude looks legit as far as rushing the passer and isn't stiff at all...

13 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Fair enough...What do you think about Walker from FSU?? I think it might be too high to pick him at 15, but dude looks legit as far as rushing the passer and isn't stiff at all...

First off, I love Solomon, he is my pick for the Colts now. Second, DeMarcus Walker is too high at 14 or 15, I think if we trade and get him it's fine, but there will be better players available at 15. I'd rather grab someone like Humphrey, McDowell, or Teez Tabor at 15. Derek Barnett may not fall, but he'd be a much better pick.

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

First off, I love Solomon, he is my pick for the Colts now. Second, DeMarcus Walker is too high at 14 or 15, I think if we trade and get him it's fine, but there will be better players available at 15. I'd rather grab someone like Humphrey, McDowell, or Teez Tabor at 15. Derek Barnett may not fall, but he'd be a much better pick.

McDowell is gonna be a bust...I really don't want a cb in 1st..There r 3 possibly elite safeties though i could deal with that...Barnett is my favorite pass rusher in draft so Im hoping he somehow drops...Lots of good cb's will be there rounds 2 and 3..

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

I need to watch him more. I liked what I saw in FSUs first game this season.