Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavins Mock 2.0 (First 4 rounds only)

1.Noah Spence-OLB/DE Eastern Kentucky (First round talent that is a plug and play from day 1 I believe but may drop to the 2nd do to multiple off field issues including lying about taking Ecstasy)

2.Germain Ifedi-Tackle-Texas A&M

3.Spencer Drango-Guard-Baylor

4.Zach Sanchez-CB-Oklahoma

Taking 2 O Linemen asking them both to compete for a starting role is asking a bit to much but I think both could challenge for starting roles right away. As I mentioned Spence is a 1st round talent with serious off field issues.

Sanchez could  work his way into being a Nickel Back over time I think but his technique is a serious issue right now...Mostly footwork.

Why no Center? Here is your Center...Stefen Wisniewski

Spence probably worth a shor based on our needs. Be patientnwith these young pass rushers and don`t expect that much in season one.

NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt believes Texas A&M OL Germain Ifedi should have returned to campus.
"The Aggies had a tackle taken in the first round in each of the last three drafts," Brandt wrote. "Many thought Ifedi would make it four consecutive years, but I don't believe he will. He was hurt some this year. He needs to improve his strength and get more experience as pass protector." We agree with Brandt. Ifedi struggles with both power and speed, so we're not even overly excited about him as a guard.

Kinda like Drango in the 3rd to develop. Good guard prospect and has good potential as a RT backup down the road.
 Lots of ways to go in the 4th.
 A Wiz i don`t want to take. Please NO!

Love the Spence pick obviously. But I think we need to address the OL in free agency. Then we can go all D with our first 3-4 picks. Plus by signing a good Center and Guard we pretty much know our line is going to be fixed. I don't think we can afford to gamble with the line this offseason where we've messed around and drafted guys like Holmes and Thornton who haven't panned out. We have to protect Luck. He's already been injured and he cant keep taking hit after hit. I think it makes way more sense to sign one of Osemele, Allen, or Brooks at Guard, and either Mack or Wisnewski at Center. Mack will definitely opt out. So IMO. Best bet is to sign Mack and Jeff Allen. Then we're looking at not only an improved and revamped offensive line. But a very good one.