Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies to draft..

I always hope to pick up someone that will shine. Lately that hasnt been the case. Obj didnt really get picked up until victor cruz went down. Who are your targets this year? What im thinking:

1. I never pick up rookie qbs unless it was 2012.

2. Rb: gurley, melvin gordon for sure bc they can start from day 1. Ameer as depth.

3. Wr.......sammie coates from steelers is the few I see. The top wr were drafted by teams with average qb talent. Others will have to wait a couple of weeks and get lucky in free agency.

4. Te jeff huerman from the broncos. Peyton makes any receiver look good but sleeper depending on how well peyton can continue at his age...

TJ Yeldon for the Jags at RB is an intruiging pick. Also, Amari Cooper for the Raiders. Jaelen Strong and Ameer Abdullah are my sleepers.

seriously.... I don't think its a good idea to draft a running back out of alabama who plays for the jaguars. Seems like a dooming combination.

seriously.... I don't think its a good idea to draft a running back out of alabama who plays for the jaguars. Seems like a dooming combination.

Possibly, but Eddie Lacy is really good, so you can throw that out the window. Yeldon will get plenty of opportunities as the Jaguars will lean on him a bit with an inexperienced Bortles under center. He may get 1,000 yds relatively easy actually. I think he will also get drafted a lot later than Gurley or Gordon.

Possibly, but Eddie Lacy is really good, so you can throw that out the window. Yeldon will get plenty of opportunities as the Jaguars will lean on him a bit with an inexperienced Bortles under center. He may get 1,000 yds relatively easy actually. I think he will also get drafted a lot later than Gurley or Gordon.

How can you throw it out the window because Lacy is good? He plays on one of the best offenses in the league with one of the best QB's. That is a much different situation than Yeldon's. Newsflash the Jag's are not a very good certainly not in GB's class.

How can you throw it out the window because Lacy is good? He plays on one of the best offenses in the league with one of the best QB's. That is a much different situation than Yeldon's. Newsflash the Jag's are not a very good certainly not in GB's class.

Everyone says players that come from Alabama are bad, it's a stereotype, they said it because of Richardson, they said it because of Barron and Collins. They ignore good players like Julio Jones and Eddie Lacy though. Good and bad players come from every school. The Jags will feature Yeldon as a featured back more than a lot of the rookie RB's. Also has an easy schedule. So newsflash, TJ Yeldon is a good fantasy option for a rookie this year.

Everyone says players that come from Alabama are bad, it's a stereotype, they said it because of Richardson, they said it because of Barron and Collins. They ignore good players like Julio Jones and Eddie Lacy though. Good and bad players come from every school. The Jags will feature Yeldon as a featured back more than a lot of the rookie RB's. Also has an easy schedule. So newsflash, TJ Yeldon is a good fantasy option for a rookie this year.

I'd love to be in the league where Julio Jones and Eddie Lacy are overlooked because they went to Bama.

I don't see the value in Yeldon as anything but a back up not because he went to Bama but because he plays for Jacksonville.

yeah but the packers have the best QB in the league to keep defenses on their heels plus their O line is above average. The jaguars O line is....

The Jags will still suck, but it's about opportunity and touches for a rookie rb in fantasy. Yeldon will get both. If he sucks, he sucks. At least he will get 15-20 carries a game though. You can draft Melvin Gordon, but he'd probably be a 2nd rounder or something to that affect. I'll take a later pick in Yeldon that could be a steal. Even if the Jags suck, I'm just hoping Yeldon gets 4-5 yards a carry and a td a game on average with 15-20 carries a game.

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on the ADP these guys will be given come draft time. Gordon and Gurley have obvious value, but if they are being picked in the second or third round than I'm not sure if it's great value. Cooper and Kevin White are kind of in the same boat. The guys with the most hype tend to get over-drafted in FF. I don't like drafting a rookie in a spot where you are expecting him to start every week, so I tend to target "under the radar" rookies with high potential to fill bench spots (and rotate in at Flex spot).

Here are some "under the radar" guys who I think represent great value in a bench spot, depending on ADP:

QB: Marcus Mariota (You can probably get this guy as a low end QB2, or even QB3.)

HB: Ameer Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon

WR: DeVante Adams, Phillip Dorsett, Nelson Agholor, Dorial Green-Beckham

TE: Maxx Williams

For the most part I would say just the RB's.  Maybe one of the WR's if you believe he will start right away.  (Perhaps white?)

If your league isn't very deep you could take a late flyer out on Mariota hoping as a QB2 he will run around a lot and get points and if you get the feeling he's not working out just sign one off the FA list.