Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Kalil Looking To Return

http://rob-rang.blog...682485/33752962

"If he does indeed return, it would be a bit surprising. He's the top offensive tackle in the country. The senior class [at offensive tackle] is a weak group. At worst, he'd be looking at a top ten pick. That fact alone would send most guys into the draft."

If Kalil and Barkley BOTH return to USC..... they will be absolutely dominant next year. They're loaded with underclassmen.

And yes.... that includes the SEC ( screw Education Conference) rotfl

That would be an interesting move for Kalil, but why? He's so talented and would make an immediate impact. I don't think Barkley will return, but if Kalil does, I would wonder why?

Maybe because USC has been under sanctions and he and Barkley might want to take a shot at a BCS title. I mean check USC's roster out.... there is hardly any seniors. At least not any that can't be replaced.

And with the rookie salary cap its not like they're walking away from 30-40 million guaranteed the way top rookies used to.

Maybe because USC has been under sanctions and he and Barkley might want to take a shot at a BCS title. I mean check USC's roster out.... there is hardly any seniors. At least not any that can't be replaced.

And with the rookie salary cap its not like they're walking away from 30-40 million guaranteed the way top rookies used to.

I would be disappointed to see both of these top 10 picks go back to college. So much talent right there and they have no where but to go down (draft wise) if they decide to go back.

Well they would be number one picks this year if they were going to be staring on a championship team

Well only ONE person can be the #1 pick in any given draft...and my whole point is that NEXT season, USC will no longer be on probation, thus they can actually play for the BCS Title...and with another year's experience the whole team should be better and have a real shot...my guess is that THAT is why they're going back...and the other poster said that their draft stock has nowhere to go but down...i simply said that that is not true! neither one is projected as the #1 pick this year, but either one could be NEXT year.

There's a darn good chance that Kalil will be a top five pick this year. IMHO, from a professional football career standpoint, he has nowhere to go but down in the draft. I think returning to USC, professionally speaking, would be quite a mistake that carries a LOT of risk with it.

As for Barkley, his returning to USC for one more year might make sense, being that this year he could slide down a bit, but by returning, he could very well be the top rated QB coming out next year, which would put him in potentially good stead to be the number one over all pick. I don't know what the difference in pay is from the number one over all to falling somewhere between pick 5 to 15, but for Barkely, I suspect returning to USC has some potential upside. With Kalil, though, I see nothing but downside.

There's a darn good chance that Kalil will be a top five pick this year. IMHO, from a professional football career standpoint, he has nowhere to go but down in the draft. I think returning to USC, professionally speaking, would be quite a mistake that carries a LOT of risk with it.

As for Barkley, his returning to USC for one more year might make sense, being that this year he could slide down a bit, but by returning, he could very well be the top rated QB coming out next year, which would put him in potentially good stead to be the number one over all pick. I don't know what the difference in pay is from the number one over all to falling somewhere between pick 5 to 15, but for Barkely, I suspect returning to USC has some potential upside. With Kalil, though, I see nothing but downside.

That might be why he changed his mind....he's a cinch to go Top 5....I think he'll go #2 overall to the Rams or Vikings now that he's coming out.

Barkely may decide to come out as wont have kalil to protect blindside, We will have to see

as far as changing his mind, when i heard i started

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/3597-matt-kalil-to-enter-2012-draft-would-love-him-if-peyton-back-due-have-other-needs-though/page__pid__89404#entry89404

He has said he is entering the draft, what does this do for Colts?

Absolutely nothing! People thinking the colts are going to draft an OT after drafting 2 early last yr. are dreaming. It's not gonna happen.

I have went on record here and said Luck will be the Colts pick. It's obvious to most of the world that pays any attention to football at all. The only way Luck is not in a Colts uniform next season will be if, somehow the Colts win their last 3 games and we all know thats not gonna happen, or...If Irsay decides to get rid of the Polians and a new GM comes in and decides to go in a different direction.

This only affects us in the HIGHLY unlikely scenario we trade the #1 pick (or even MORE unlikely scenario that we don't get it). It in effect pushes all the other players back a spot (someone you thought would be picked at #10 will be #11).

I see us keeping the #1 and taking Luck, St Louis getting the #2 and picking up a WR, and the Vikes getting Kalil with the #3.