Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Packers did not lose tonight to the 49ers

Synthetic

No they did not....

They beat themselves.

Just ask Clay Matthews after a beating like this happened last year in the playoffs against the Giants

oh and ask Jarrett Bush after the Niners beat them earlier this year without Steve Young Jr as quarterback.

I agree. If I have one knock against the Pack it is the excuses.

Take it like a man. That D is still bad........

And losing to the Vikes in that final regular season game and blowing the second seed was REALLY bad. We always knew this.

I'm sorry but Rodgers is not as humble as Favre was. That's what I miss, Favre would hug the guy after he beat him, you can never say he was a sore loser, even losing the Super Bowl he was smiling and celebrating for John Elway!

I'm also not a big Rodgers fan.  Personally, I wouldn't say Favre was all that humble, but I don't know the man very well.  Rodgers seems like a much more sensitive/emotional kind of guy though.  When the Packers lost the game to the Seahawks this year, I thought what I would say to the media if I was Rodgers.  After seeing so many Peyton, Brady, etc. press conferences with real leaders answering questions, I was expecting Rodgers to follow suit.  I thought if Peyton or Brady were in that situation, they would have said something like "We don't agree with it, but we just have to move on.  There isn't must we can do now, so it won't do much good to dwell on it.  We just need to focus on next week"  I thought Rodgers would have said something similar and I was surprised when he gave his response (source: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/46878/aaron-rodgers-game-is-being-tarnished):

Rodgers began by apologizing to fans of the game -- "something the NFL is not going to do," he said. Rodgers added: "The product that is on the field is not being complemented by an appropriate set of officials. The games are getting out of control. ... The game is being tarnished by an NFL that obviously cares more about saving some money than having the integrity of the game diminished a little bit."

Could you ever see Peyton or Brady or Luck or any of the real leaders of the NFL saying something like that?

I'm also not a big Rodgers fan.  Personally, I wouldn't say Favre was all that humble, but I don't know the man very well.  Rodgers seems like a much more sensitive/emotional kind of guy though.  When the Packers lost the game to the Seahawks this year, I thought what I would say to the media if I was Rodgers.  After seeing so many Peyton, Brady, etc. press conferences with real leaders answering questions, I was expecting Rodgers to follow suit.  I thought if Peyton or Brady were in that situation, they would have said something like "We don't agree with it, but we just have to move on.  There isn't must we can do now, so it won't do much good to dwell on it.  We just need to focus on next week"  I thought Rodgers would have said something similar and I was surprised when he gave his response (source: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/46878/aaron-rodgers-game-is-being-tarnished):

Rodgers began by apologizing to fans of the game -- "something the NFL is not going to do," he said. Rodgers added: "The product that is on the field is not being complemented by an appropriate set of officials. The games are getting out of control. ... The game is being tarnished by an NFL that obviously cares more about saving some money than having the integrity of the game diminished a little bit."

Could you ever see Peyton or Brady or Luck or any of the real leaders of the NFL saying something like that?

Brett Favre and Warren Moon were the two reasons I became to watch football. They are my all time favorite players, and all the years I watched Favre, I cannot call him arrogant, or a sore loser. He lost that Super Bowl to Denver, and he was hugging Elway, and smiling, cheering, happy he won it. "This one's for John.". You never seen him say something like "They faked injuries" or "We didn't lose, we beat ourselves" he was a humble guy after losing. The Saints gave him the beating of his life and he has yet to accuse them of bounties or say anything bad to them. After that game, first thing he did was go hug Brees and Payton. After all the whining we dealt with from butt hurt Vikings players like Kluwe and the others, I can say Favre was a class act about the beating he took and didn't say anything bad about it. He just said it was football and you're going to get hit. I would say he was a very humble guy after games. Now I just can't wait to hear what the Packers are going to say this time, on how bad they beat themselves.