•  

Photo

Rex Burkhead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Could He be an option for the Colts?

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13281 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Depending on what we do with Brown and Carter, RB might not be a position of need.  Burkhead is also considered one of the better RB prospects, so he would take a higher round pick.  I'd rather see us spend that high round pick on a position like OL

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#3 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6743 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Note sure I've seen Burkhead's name listed as a high possible draft pick.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I sure don't recall it.     I've kept an eye on him because Stanford recruited him heavily.

Who knows....   maybe he slips to a lower round and the Cols stumble into him?     Stranger things have happened.

#4 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

He was hurt much of the season and the #1 RB spot was taken by Ameer Abdullah

PrincetonTiger77

#5 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16355 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Why would we add another RB to an already crowded backfield?

#6 Riseforalex Mckinnon

Riseforalex Mckinnon
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

well currently we only have ballard deji karim , brown on injury prone we need quality depth wouldn,t mind a natural fb

Tom Brady  0-2 in sb after spygate , where is the camera now eh Brady.

#7 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I became a Burkhead Believer this week...he's a tough as nails runner...but he's like 6-7th round talent....he's too injury prone...

#8 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

well currently we only have ballard deji karim , brown on injury prone we need quality depth wouldn,t mind a natural fb

he could be something like a Peyton Hillis

PrincetonTiger77

#9 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 873 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I've always loved Burkhead to be a power sidekick to the quick Colts backs, like Ballard will be next year.

I am giving this improved Colts team 8 wins this year. I think we will go 8-8 in 2013-14.   (July 24, 2013)

#10 husker61

husker61
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Depending on what we do with Brown and Carter, RB might not be a position of need.  Burkhead is also considered one of the better RB prospects, so he would take a higher round pick.  I'd rather see us spend that high round pick on a position like OL

he isn't rated that high, probably around the 5th round. i really like him, but he is a gamble with the injuries he's had although they haven't been serious. i would definitely take a chance on him with a late pick!

#11 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13281 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

he isn't rated that high, probably around the 5th round. i really like him, but he is a gamble with the injuries he's had although they haven't been serious. i would definitely take a chance on him with a late pick!

If he is there as a late pick, I wouldn't mind us looking at him.  I just did a little reading on him and it had said that he is one of the top RB prospects, so I assumed he would be taken in the first three rounds

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#12 husker61

husker61
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

i just want to say i have been a huskers football fan since 1971. burkhead is the only player on the team that i really like in the nfl this draft. i really like their wr's feel they would be great late round picks, but they are underclassmen. i feel bad for them because they have an absolutely terrible qb throwing the ball (despite what tv announcers say during games) and i am sure it will be the same next year. they could be nice late round finds in future years. i was hoping the colts would draft lavonte david (i REALLY liked him and he is the 8th leading tackler in the nfl), and in later rounds safeties eric hagg and dejon gomes (both on nfl teams and a position the colts need help at along with special teams).

#13 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

i just want to say i have been a huskers football fan since 1971. burkhead is the only player on the team that i really like in the nfl this draft. i really like their wr's feel they would be great late round picks, but they are underclassmen. i feel bad for them because they have an absolutely terrible qb throwing the ball (despite what tv announcers say during games) and i am sure it will be the same next year. they could be nice late round finds in future years. i was hoping the colts would draft lavonte david (i REALLY liked him and he is the 8th leading tackler in the nfl), and in later rounds safeties eric hagg and dejon gomes (both on nfl teams and a position the colts need help at along with special teams).

i like Baker Steinkuhler(sp?) as well

PrincetonTiger77

#14 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8519 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

he could be something like a Peyton Hillis

Stupid and injury prone?

#15 husker61

husker61
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

i like Baker Steinkuhler(sp?) as well

i don't. he only looked ok when jared crick was playing next to him. i didn't think crick was as good as people were saying for the same reason, he was much better playing next to suh. as a colts fan i was hoping suh came out as a junior and the colts could get him late in the 1st, as a husker fan i wanted him to stay. he was by far the most dominant defensive lineman i have ever seen in college football!

#16 husker61

husker61
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Stupid and injury prone?

if you think he is stupid, you don't have a clue!

#17 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8519 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

if you think he is stupid, you don't have a clue!

Considering the way he acted in Cleveland he can't be the brightest guy

#18 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

i don't. he only looked ok when jared crick was playing next to him. i didn't think crick was as good as people were saying for the same reason, he was much better playing next to suh. as a colts fan i was hoping suh came out as a junior and the colts could get him late in the 1st, as a husker fan i wanted him to stay. he was by far the most dominant defensive lineman i have ever seen in college football!

thanks

PrincetonTiger77

#19 husker61

husker61
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Considering the way he acted in Cleveland he can't be the brightest guy

i thought you were referring to burkhead.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates