Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Waylon

Time To Add Luck To The MVP Discussion

83 posts in this topic

Whats really cool is that Luck is averaging through eight games the exact same number of yards per game as Manning is ... 300.5 and both their teams are 5-3 and in the PO hunt.

Time to give my weekly thanks to Bill Polian for drafting Curtis Painter who woefully gave us this wonderful QB named Luck to carry the torch for this "horseshoe" lucky franchise that needs to pinch itself to realize it went from Unitas to Peyton to now Luck :).

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Trouble With Andrew Luck
      I believe Luck's numbers will improve drastically if there is a chance that the Colts can get a first down on 3rd and 2 running the ball. This would lead to nice play-action options that are hard to defend. I thought the author was fairly accurate as far as he went.
    • Which one most likely to happen...
      I voted Luck for 4,500 but only because I think a lot of these games will be close and Luck will need to heave it for the Colts to stay competitive.  I just don't see them blowing out many teams this year.
    • Defensive expectation for Indy in 2016
      Bend but don't break comes to mind .
    • Colts Mailbag Weekend Edition: Who Is The AFC South Favorite In 2016?
      Intro: In Saturday’s mailbag, readers inquire about Denzelle Good’s starting potential, T.J. Green’s future at safety and what happened with Duron Carter. View the full article
    • Defensive expectation for Indy in 2016
      I think better even though they lost Freeman.  I know the pass rush is a weak spot and LB's as a whole but only because they don't have that one elite guy.  However, I feel they DO have about 5 guys who could get say 5-6 sacks or so.  That would be a fair amount to start with.  Then they will have 2-3 more guys who get a few here or there.  I think with the added presence on the DL, and with guys like Jones and Anderson coming back healthy, there will be many guys teams will have to account for who can get to the QB. I'd almost rather have it that way than one guy who can go for 20 but gets hurt and you are screwed.  They have voiced they will be aggressive under Monachino so I would say look for a high-risk, high-reward type thing.  They may get there often but they may also be susceptible to the big play now and then.  
        I also think they will be fairly stout against the run.  We saw this tide start to turn in their favor last year before Anderson went down and that was with Jones already out.  Langford is already solid there as well.  Given relative health I think they will continue to improve in this area.  Holding opponents under 3.8 ypc should be attainable IMHO.  I do see the trend of few turnovers continuing however as we don't really have a lot of super-athletic, ball-hawking freaks on D yet.  Just solid guys that will make you work for yards.  So I think turnover margin will bear watching.  I could see them squarely in the middle of the pack in overall defensive rankings, somewhere between 12 to 18.
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• MTC

MTC 3,724

Moderators
    • SilentHill

SilentHill 1,878

• Combsey

Combsey 64

• #12.

#12. 109

• B~Town

B~Town 392

• CR91

CR91 4,041

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 3,673

• bleevit

bleevit 43

• Iancolts

Iancolts 110

• AZColt11

AZColt11 59

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.