Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's All Going According To Plan... Andrew Luck, Welcome To The Colts!?!

ReMeDy

It might be preseason, but it's never to early to make predictions! :) Let's do some situational role playing here - I'm not totally turned off by the idea of having a poor record this season if it means getting Andrew Luck. It's just a shame the Superbowl is being played in Indy this year and not next year. My fear is even if we get the 2nd overall pick in the draft, we'll have to give up an arm and a leg just to move up to the 1st overall spot, but for a franchise, like the Colts, who are built on the principals of effective QB'ing, an arm and a leg might be worth it.

Hearing from Irsay that Manning may not be ready for week 1 is a bad sign. Even if Manning shows, Wade will blitz like crazy, so I project a week 1 loss, especially with how our run defense is doing and how the 3-4 gives Manning fits. To complicate things is the Colts difficult schedule. Furthermore, every team in our division now has an A-caliber quarterback... Adrian Foster, Maurice Jones Drew, and Chris Johnson.

So not to be the devil's advocate, but a losing season is not really a losing season if we can nab Andrew Luck. Yes, he's that good. If we pick in the top-15, I'd love to see this franchise make a huge "Atlanta Falcon-'ish" draft push to get him. When Manning retires, our organization will be set back for years, since we're so reliant on him and our philosophy of needing effective QB'ing to win games. We need to take a risk at the QB position, and Andrew Luck is the man to do it. Yes, he's that good.

And how would I know that with such a vague topic title? Andrew Luck is so awesome he needs a topic title with his name on it! :)

You open the thread and read it. :P Also, the guys you listed would be A-caliber running backs and it's Arian Foster. ;)

Andrew Luck is so awesome he needs a topic title with his name on it! :)

Luck threads don't belong in the Colts forum. You might as well purpose that we draft the Predator. With his cloaking device, pass rushers wouldn't be able to key in on him. Not only is your assertion pure fantasy, but it is a real bummer to suggest that we're going to be the worst team in the league.

1. This would be the laughing stock of all off-season moves for the next 10 years. It's far too costly to waste a season, mortgage the future, and ruin the remainder of Peyton Manning's career to draft a guy that's going to sit for 4 years. If he's THAT good, someone will get him, and he'll start right away. I guarantee you, by the way, that his senior campaign will pale in comparison to his previous two.

2. Without Peyton we still aren't the worst team in football. Are we bad? Sure. But I would bet you we manage to squeak out 4 or 5 games, which is still more than some other teams will manage. In other words, we are never getting the first pick.

3. Peyton is likely not even going to miss 1 game, let alone enough of a season to spoil our playoff chances. So this thread is just as bad (or worse) than the proposals towards the end of last season that we need to tank the remaining four games to move up a few spots in the draft. Supposedly, that would prove that we are more concerned about the long-term goals of the franchise.... :whatever:

4. Andrew Luck will never be as good in the NFL as is Peyton Manning. Yes, that's harsh, and there's no real way for me to know that until both of them have retired, but I promise you, this statement has a better chance of being correct than anything you've suggested here today.

5. We are not going to waste one season, one roster move, one decision, or even one game during the remainder of Peyton's career. Every game is worth winning, every player worth preserving, and every season imperative. It's dynasty time. To give up one season for the foolish hopes of landing some unproven, college QB, despite the fact that every off-season move was engineered to improve the championship odds for the existing QB in place is pure insanity. The kind that would bleed and scar a franchise and place us in the annals of history as a fraudulent, classless organization.

1. This would be the laughing stock of all off-season moves for the next 10 years. It's far too costly to waste a season, mortgage the future, and ruin the remainder of Peyton Manning's career to draft a guy that's going to sit for 4 years. If he's THAT good, someone will get him, and he'll start right away. I guarantee you, by the way, that his senior campaign will pale in comparison to his previous two.

2. Without Peyton we still aren't the worst team in football. Are we bad? Sure. But I would bet you we manage to squeak out 4 or 5 games, which is still more than some other teams will manage. In other words, we are never getting the first pick.

3. Peyton is likely not even going to miss 1 game, let alone enough of a season to spoil our playoff chances. So this thread is just as bad (or worse) than the proposals towards the end of last season that we need to tank the remaining four games to move up a few spots in the draft. Supposedly, that would prove that we are more concerned about the long-term goals of the franchise.... :whatever:

4. Andrew Luck will never be as good in the NFL as is Peyton Manning. Yes, that's harsh, and there's no real way for me to know that until both of them have retired, but I promise you, this statement has a better chance of being correct than anything you've suggested here today.

5. We are not going to waste one season, one roster move, one decision, or even one game during the remainder of Peyton's career. Every game is worth winning, every player worth preserving, and every season imperative. It's dynasty time. To give up one season for the foolish hopes of landing some unproven, college QB, despite the fact that every off-season move was engineered to improve the championship odds of the existing one in place is pure insanity. The kind that would bleed and scar a franchise and place us in the annals of history as a fraudulent, classless organization.

Amen! Ditto that, Doogansquest! Tell it like it is, brotha!