Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

most excited i have been for a preseason game

you know

with nobody safe on our depth charts every last man will be playing their hearts out, these next four weeks will dictate who will see the field this year. terrance johnson is one name aside from the obvious im looking to be called a lot. he plays hard, fast, and can lay some wood with that little frame.

heres to a healthy clean game to both sides. cheers!

Nobody Safe? So.... Luck, Wayne, Mathis, Collie, Freeney, Bethea, & Powers aren't Safe????

But Agreed, this is my FIRST Time ever watching a Pre-Season Game. Can't wait till we play. Little less than an Hour & Half away from the Gamestart

Excited, but prepared for reality.

Nobody Safe? So.... Luck, Wayne, Mathis, Collie, Freeney, Bethea, & Powers aren't Safe????

But Agreed, this is my FIRST Time ever watching a Pre-Season Game. Can't wait till we play. Little less than an Hour & Half away from the Gamestart

peyton wasnt safe. yup went there

I don't Mind if we Lose, due to the Fact it's only Pre-Season. But I want to see how we're doing as a Team, how we're Progressing. I'll be watching Luck to see if he's Throwing at a comfortable level, or if he has Happy Feet. Things like that

We may not win this game depending on if the coaches really care about winning it, or if they are just using it for evaluation. Yes, every team uses preseason for evaluation, but some coaches actually want to win too. I don't really know how Pagano feels about it yet. With all that said, the Rams roster is absolute crap, many say the Colts roster is too, but IMO, if our guys have caught onto the new system, they really shouldn't be that bad. Whose ever roster is a little less crappier today, wins.

I have to agree. I always watch our PS games with a close eye, but this time around, I'm absolutely cranked up for this. Though I realize the glimpse we get at our 1st team will be brief, I haven't been this intrigued by a "meaningless" game since 1998.

The 3rd and 4th quarters are always fun for me to watch which one of the "no-names" are going to fight to stand out.

We may not win this game depending on if the coaches really care about winning it, or if they are just using it for evaluation. Yes, every team uses preseason for evaluation, but some coaches actually want to win too. I don't really know how Pagano feels about it yet. With all that said, the Rams roster is absolute crap, many say the Colts roster is too, but IMO, if our guys have caught onto the new system, they really shouldn't be that bad. Whose ever roster is a little less crappier today, wins.

I took "prepared for reality" not as whether we win or lose but as what if our rookies aren't what we think they are right now? What if, for whatever reason, Luck (sorry but it is a possibility), Brazil, T.Y., Fleener, Dwayne, or Ballard or any combination of those guys just cant get it going. Obviously It wouldn't be anything to cry busted pick about but it could certainly diminish some of the optimism about our young talent around here, at least slightly. That's just how I took it that comment and I'm not trying to say the optimism is a bad thing...it's anything but.

In past years we'd watch a preseason game to see who our backups would be, very few starting jobs up for grabs. That would be about it.

Now we're watching players battle for starting roles, a new defense, new coaches, players in new positions, and a great rookie QB.

Who wouldn't be excited? At the same time, we all know we can't take this 'game' too seriously as far as win/loss.