Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A team members Dad was in the secret service.

ColtsFTW

Safety Matt Merletti. Hes just on the training camp roster but technically still a Colt for the time being. He had one interesting childhood thats for sure.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/CAPITAL-SKILL/f1abc498-f149-477f-969a-8ea621667816

I hope he's quicker than those SS guys who couldn't even get in front of two shoes that were thrown at Bush that time!

Sounds like a good kid. Long shot?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Partridge just seems like players will love playing for him.     The little I have saw from him, just gives me more hope that he will take the DL to the next level with his coaching.
    • Picking it up, guarantees he doesn't walk out the door after next season.   Gives you 2 more years to evaluate. Pretty cheaply too. 2yrs $17.5m.   Don't see any reason to roll the dice, might only get more expensive, if his trajectory keeps going up this year.     Projected to have $56-$70m in cap next year, with his option already figured in.
    • Declining the option doesnt mean they are letting him walk.  It does happen often when the option is declined but 13.5 is a lot for him   I doubt they will pick it up today   
    • They seemed really high on Goncalves. Obviously they traded up for him, but sometimes in past draft videos, you see Ballard satisfied to make a pick just because he is highest on their board. But with Goncalves, its clear they were really pro-active in in ensure they took him. 
    • Some things that made an impression on me:   - we did try to move up. I wonder for who? Last year Arizona put up a similar video after the draft, I would love to see if they show the Colts calling them for 4 this year...    - we DID meet with Laiatu. Seems like it was at the combine, probably one of those quick 15 minute ones and he probably had tons of them and didn't remember this specific one. I love that as a throwaway question as he was walking out they asked him what he's going to run... he said in the 4.6s ... and he went out and did it. There is something about a prospect who promises something and then hours later goes out and delivers on that promise. Especially in athletic sense since he wasn't one of those prospects that had athleticism as his calling card. On the rest of the video... I like him... he looks like a genuine guy who loves every step of this process and enjoys it. Love how excited Partridge was too... what a vote of confidence for him as a new coach not just on this team but in the league - give him the best pass-rusher in the draft to work with.    - everything in the bit about AD Mitchell was about his talent. "Way too talented to pass up here"... Every single word we got from scouts, coaches, FO members... everything was about his talent. Not a word about the character/attitude stuff. Not one. Now it's obvious to me they probably cut off some of that stuff, but interesting to see what the Colts want to portray about the player. So yeah... with AD it's all about the talent. For whatever it's worth, he looked like a pretty chill dude in the interview they showed. Part of the rumors that were floating around was that his interview with one team was so bad that within the first minute of the interview they knew they wouldn't be drafting him. I guess we will never know what exactly all that was about. In the grand scheme of things... it's all on him now... just like with Stroud, none of the noise will matter if he comes out and works his tail off and shuts up every naysayer in the world.    - Matt Goncalvez seems to be the favorite player of the Colts in this draft. Kind of like Khari was a few years ago. "culture fit" is probably the best descriptor here from the video. They love his personality and they love his attitude. One of the best calls/reactions to getting drafted you will ever see/hear... kind of reminiscent with the Downs one last year. I don't know where exactly he will fit on the field... but he will fit somewhere. They will give him chances... he has all the good will of that coaching staff and that FO.    - Bortolini - impressed in the workout. IMO he will be understudy to Kelly... the new Pinter I guess? Probably won't start right away, but he has clear role IMO.   - They seem very optimistic about Carlies ability to translate to linebacker. Looking at some of those highlights they showed... he does look like EJ Speed or Shaq or Okereke... with his speed in pursuit. They mentioned him potentially covering TEs. I can see it.    - Loved seeing Ballard giving Jamie Moore the chance to make the call to the guy he's been fighting for throughout this whole draft season(Jaylin Simpson). Good gesture by Ballard, bet it was a great feeling for Moore.    - In general I love all those calls and videos of the reactions by the prospects. Seeing young prospects achieve one of the big goals of their lives and starting their paths to even bigger things, is awesome. Love it.    - "That's not a prank call, is it?"          
  • Members

• ClaytonColt

ClaytonColt 427

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 3,757

• Nadine

Nadine 8,136

Administrators
    • KB

KB 1,144

• TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy 9