Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eli Manning HOF Now?

supremecoltsfan300

Whole heartedly agree with everything you said.

This is what I just find fascinating. As you say, Harrison has the raw #s over Ward +1 Marvin. Marvin has slightly more accolades +1, Ward was a better blocker +1 Ward. Ward had better post season success +1. Marvin had Goat, Ward a handful of different QBs +1 Ward ( when you consider the slight diff in #s) Pitt is loved by HoF +1 Ward etc etc

Obviously that's an arcane way of looking at it, but at least it gives a tangible way of comparing the two.

I'm not sure if I would call it that arcane or not. It's just one way to form an opinion. I'm sure at least one of the voters looks just at the #'s. While another could easily look to whether a player was a jerk to him or not.

With what? a 44 person selection committee, I'm sure there a lot of variables that some consider that others don't.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I said Eli is most responsible for them reaching the post season. Eli could not have responded if the Patriots scored more points? Are you saying Eli can't win shoot outs? Are 2 yard touchdown passes worth fewer points than 20 yard?

A touchdown is a touchdown, I only threw that in there to make a point.