Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Training Camp

Gavin

If u want opinions on game go here also I give times of M NFL newtwork replays, but after watching game replayed in we morning hours here , i can say he played much netter than his stats & the various negative comments I heard and highlights I had seen

http://forums.colts....12/page__st__40

in one of my comments it tells how on TV , the game anouncers they analyzed the deep overthrow to DT and announcers said watch DT run right by , then he sudenly puts hands on back of CB and slows down instead of runnning to bypass defender and maybe catch the ball

DT is having route problems in practice and in the game, he just doesnt get that u run to a certain spot and the bal;l will most likely be there, even if its just a back pylon

I've only seen ESPN highlights and not the whole game, so I'll have to wait to form my opinions, but I'm not so concerned about the stats. Preseason is for trying various things and the numbers are often meaningless. I am more concerned about DT route running now that you mention it. I know they are all learning the new offense and to play together. It will take some time.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen ESPN highlights and not the whole game, so I'll have to wait to form my opinions, but I'm not so concerned about the stats. Preseason is for trying various things and the numbers are often meaningless. I am more concerned about DT route running now that you mention it. I know they are all learning the new offense and to play together. It will take some time.

Decker sure knows where to be and has since early OTA's

Q & A Session , heres answer to manning stats

Comparing Peyton's Play to Jordan s 1st year back in basketbal;l and mistakes he made, the next year ge started the 2nd 3 chanpionship run after adjustments to the return

Mark, what you say is factual but your assessment is wrong. I've come up with the best comparison to what Manning is experiencing: Michael Jordan. When His Airness came back from his first retirement after a year-and-a-half layoff, he wasn't the same player. He did score 55 against the Knicks, but his consistency wasn't there. He got the ball stripped by Orlando's Nick Anderson in the Eastern Conference Finals. Jordan was so bummed by his play upon his return in 1995 he threw away his No. 45 jersey and went back to No. 23.

Still, Jordan used the final two months of 1995 to shake off some rust. The next season he began his second three-peat.

Is Much More To The answer, this was the 1st paragraph

By the way the person making the answers says playing peyton time Vs Seattle should be limited Becaose

But the 49ers have a mean, nasty defense. And Manning rejected Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers back in March to instead play with the Broncos. I'm not telling Broncos coach John Fox what to do. But if I were him, I'd be a bit skittish with this one. Pats coach Bill Belichick didn't play Tom Brady against the Eagles on Monday night. The Eagles played Michael Vick and he got hurt.

This isn't 2002l. There's way too much money invested in quarterbacks to risk them getting

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_21359665/broncos-mailbag-why-peyton-manning-is-like-michael

Peyton Manning's three INTs not a sign of Broncos things to come

The late Mike Heimerdinger, who had worked for the Broncos and the Jets during his coaching career, long contended Denver was the toughest quarterback town in the league " by far " — for both the quarterback and the local franchise.

Perhaps it's because we have more on-air talking here, per capita, than any place in the known universe. Perhaps it is the deep passion of a season-ticket base that has purchased every seat for decades.

And in the current state of affairs, perhaps it's Tebow's popularity among people who normally wouldn't give organized football a second look if he wasn't playing it.

But it's all why when Elway talks about what he likes in quarterbacks,

he has spoken of the guys with the mental capabilities and toughness to handle the job — because he once held the position here.

So start there. Manning's resume is among the league's all-time best. Not the past decade's best, not the best of the past 25 years, not his generation's best. No, he's all-time, as in every guy who has ever played the position at any point in the league's history.

Peyton Manning's three INTs not a sign of Broncos things to come - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz24BqwxUDt

Doesn't look good health wise for potential Returner / safety Jim Leonhard & LB Brookings to practive any time soon but ya never know

http://blogs.denverp...leonhard/14964/

& soon after I note the above article we HAPPILY get this

Broncos safety Jim Leonhard cleared to start practice for Denver

Veteran safety Jim Leonhard practiced for the first time with his new teammates Tuesday, as the Broncos moved Leonhard to the active roster.

Leonhard is a proven player for the Broncos to use in some of their specialty packages on defense to go with being an option in the return game.

"Obviously there's a lot of evidence on tape of what he can do," Fox said. "It was just a matter of having a time to heal and we gave him that."

Not practicing for the Broncos Tuesday were defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson (concussion), wide receivers Andre Caldwell (ribs), Tyler Grisham (knee), linebackers Nate Irving (ribs) and Keith Brooking (hamstring), right guard Chris Kuper (forearm) and defensive end Jason Hunter (triceps).

:Broncos safety Jim Leonhard cleared to start practice for Denver - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz24DNZWLqo

For the second day in a row, quarterback Peyton Manning worked separately with rookie running back Ronnie Hillman, this time with Manning walking through end zone routes, slowly demonstrating how and when to cut. In addition to working with Hillman one-on-one, Manning got some extra work in with tight end Jacob Tamme and wide receiver Brandon Stokley.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/preseason-week-3-tuesday-practice-blog-2/

If anyone has watched the past two Broncos games, it's vastly clear that Peyton's arm strength is nowhere near what it once was. I'd say 75-80% at best.

Footnotes.The Broncos are off Wednesday. They resume practice Thursday. ...

Former Broncos receivers Vance Johnson and Mark Jackson attended practice Tuesday and couldn't help but

compare Peyton Manning with John Elway.

"He doesn't quite have the Elway velocity," Johnson said of Manning, "but he has the touch that we've never had a chance to see before."Mike Klis, The Denver Post

:Jim Leonhard, Keith Brooking no locks to make Broncos' 53-man roster - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21367896/jim-leonhard-keith-brooking-no-locks-make-broncos#ixzz24Gm8hJ7b

Report: Broncos called Jags about Jones-Drew

( but so have many teams even if this is true )

Maurice Jones-Drew is now willing to be traded, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. According to reports, several teams have already shown interest.

Rumors have been swirling that teams have already begun calling the Jaguars regarding and MJD and according to one , Twitter “source” known as Incarcerated Bob the Broncos “seem the most interested.” Bob’s “report” should be taken with a grain of salt, as some have speculated—myself included—that IB is merely a hack that tweets educated guesses and sometimes hits the nail on the head.

(He did “report”—predict, really—that quarterback Peyton Manning would sign with Denver earlier this year. That could be attributed to connecting the dots, or maybe he really does have sources. Regardless, we’re skeptical of him as a reliable source.)

The Broncos inquiring of MJD would not be outlandish, nearly every team in the NFL would be interested in the league’s reigning rushing leader. In July, PFT reported that the Broncos had $11.71 million left in cap space. Jones-Drew would come at a high price tag, but he and his agent may be willing to load a contract with easily reachable incentives and bonuses after year one in order sign with a team he views as a contender without breaking their 2012 bank book.

http://broncotalk.ne...rew/#more-40479

So MJD has been holding out, and today owner Shad Khan ( NEW OWNER ) was quoted saying

"Train is leaving the station. Run, get on it,"

Via:

Basically implying that, MJD better show up, or the train(the team/front office) is moving on without him. That apparently did not sit well with MJD. Especially that Khan is going public with these comments. Now Jones-Drew is also now open to being traded, sources close to the situation told insider Adam Schefter. So now as you can expect, twitter blew up with rumors and speculation. One rumor/speculation that caught my eye was from rumor man, Incarcerated Bob on twitter. Now first let me say this, he isn't always right, and is a sketchy source, but was the first to report that Manning would be a Bronco. Now back to the rumor, he goes on to tweet this.

"Source: Teams have started calling Jags about the availability of MJD so far
seem the most interested"

What should we make of this potentially exciting news? Well lets jump and find out!

http://www.milehighr...ested#storyjump

Maurice Jones-Drew open to trade from Jacksonville Jaguars

By Ian Rapoport

Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network

Khan's comments seem to violate what Jones-Drew's camp calls the unwritten rule of keeping contract negotiations in-house. Interestingly, Jones-Drew and general manager Gene Smith speak regularly, and they did so Monday night. But publicly, Khan has sent another message.

Jones-Drew has saved his money, a source close to him said, which means he doesn't have to show up for financial reasons. In fact, DirecTV will come out with a feature tomorrow that has Jones-Drew talking via Skype with fantasy football fans. He is being compensated for it.

Jones-Drew gained 1,606 yards last season with a career-high eight touchdowns. This preseason, though, Rashad Jennings has impressed as his replacement.

A source said the two sides are no closer to Jones-Drew showing up to Jaguars training camp.

http://www.nfl.com/n...onville-jaguars

Irreplaceable players, AFC West style

Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Denver, receiver Eric Decker:

( I am sure this is besides Peyton, but is exactly what I have read in all training / practice reports and preseason games & have said so many times )

Decker is emerging as Manning’s most reliable target. Manning’s game is predicated on rhythm and anticipation. He trusts Decker. I expect Decker to be the player Manning goes to the most. So, he will be vital to Denver’s offense.

Kansas City, linebacker Tamba Hali: ........... read if interested

Oakland, running back Darren McFadden: ............

San Diego, tight end Antonio Gates: ............

http://espn.go.com/b...yESPNToday_Team

http://www.rotoworld...rowing-to-right

people are starting to notice.. All his throws to the right were going to the sideline and 5 yards down field at most.

article says trouble when going more than 10 not 5 yards

There were deeper throws, maybe they r referring to completions I dont know, I will have to watch this week

I have many varied videos of different practices & OTAs when he threw deep completions to the right but that's not the same as in a game moving in a pocket Vs a real D

If anyone has watched the past two Broncos games, it's vastly clear that Peyton's arm strength is nowhere near what it once was. I'd say 75-80% at best.

Are we going here yet again? I am looking forward to PM's long drives at Mile High that gas the opposing defense.....If Andy Dalton can 'dink and dunk' the Master of the line of scrimmage will as well.

BTW....I wish Brady would have played the other night....not a Mallett fan.....not a Brady fan either but it is called respect!! :)

article says trouble when going more than 10 not 5 yards

There were deeper throws, maybe they r referring to completions I dont know, I will have to watch this week

I have many varied videos of different practices & OTAs when he threw deep completions to the right but that's not the same as in a game moving in a pocket Vs a real D

It's about ten yards to the right sideline, 5 yards up. That seemed to be a majority of the throws he was making.

It reminds me of what Parcels said about his conversation with Peyton while he was in rehab. He asked Peyton,"can you still get em' out?" Peyton obviously said yes. I hope he get's the nerve regenerated to the point were he can push the ball up the field better. I want to see a Manning v Luck wildcard game this year!

(Howdy Barry!)

It's about ten yards to the right sideline, 5 yards up. That seemed to be a majority of the throws he was making.

It reminds me of what Parcels said about his conversation with Peyton while he was in rehab. He asked Peyton,"can you still get em' out?" Peyton obviously said yes. I hope he get's the nerve regenerated to the point were he can push the ball up the field better. I want to see a Manning v Luck wild card game this year!

(Howdy Barry!)

That would be interesting & the Media would go wild

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to that. No way. How can I root against Andrew and the Colts? Yet, I have to. Otherwise, my hubby would be ticked.

It would fix this chasm between Colts fans (3 threads in less than 30 min posted wanting to go in circles about the last year) and it would be top dollar entertainment. I'm all about the drama.

It would fix this chasm between Colts fans (3 threads in less than 30 min posted wanting to go in circles about the last year) and it would be top dollar entertainment. I'm all about the drama.

Don't you think the chasm might be deeper than that? It might take more than a game to heal it, especially if our guy does better than your guy. The media would love the drama but I would need antacid.

Don't you think the chasm might be deeper than that? It might take more than a game to heal it, especially if our guy does better than your guy. The media would love the drama but I would need antacid.

the 2 teams play each other next year

Honestly a Peyton Eli SB would only thing with more fuel,

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to that. No way. How can I root against Andrew and the Colts? Yet, I have to. Otherwise, my hubby would be ticked.

I'm single so no wife to bother me about my choices

If the Colts make it, it will be because of Luck having an amazing year. If the Broncos make it Peyton just needs to be on the field, and effective. There's questions about his recovery. Look for him to be a game manager this season.So in my imaginary scenario, I'd say Luck will be the better guy, regardless of potential outcomes.

That chasm will close for a majority of Colts fans when that game happens. Be it this year or next.

If the Colts make it, it will be because of Luck having an amazing year. If the Broncos make it Peyton just needs to be on the field, and effective. There's questions about his recovery. Look for him to be a game manager this season.So in my imaginary scenario, I'd say Luck will be the better guy, regardless of potential outcomes.

That chasm will close for a majority of Colts fans when that game happens. Be it this year or next.

Run D of Broncos will keep Peyton off the field just like when was with the colts & we had poor Run D

Also Broncos need to run well themselves

I really cant believe the actions of some of the so called professionals

D.J. Williams’ restaurant takes jab at Goodell

Let’s review D.J. Williams‘ life since early March:

March 9
: D.J. is suspended
after violating the league’s Substance Abuse Policy.

June 8
: D.J.
of a play from Denver’s playbook, causing a stir among fans and the media.

June 21
: D.J.’s lawsuit against the league

July 12
: Reports emerge that D.J.
NFL urine tests three times.

August 6
: D.J. is listed
on the team’s first depth chart, but hasn’t participated in any team drills at training camp.

August 15
: D.J. was found guilty of
, which could result in additional discipline from the league.

That’s quite the summer of incidents for D.J., who has nobody but himself to blame for his troubles. But D.J. is somewhat understandably frustrated with the man disciplining him—NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

So how does D.J. take out his frustration with the Commissioner?

By refusing to serve him at his Miami-based restaurant

(it seems nothing good happens in Miami involving Broncos players).

University of Miami alums Jonathan Vilma, D.J. Williams and Jon Beason put their wallets together and opened Brother Jimmy’s BBQ on August 8th (and it’s a pretty nice place). Vilma and D.J. have been smacked hard by Goodell this summer,

so it was no surprise to see an image of Roger’s face taped to the restaurant’s front windows that reads, “Do not serve this man,” in all caps.

http://broncotalk.net/2012/08/40526/broncos-blog/d-j-williams-restaurant-takes-jab-at-goodell/#more-40526

GO HERE TO SEE PICTURE OF IMAGE NOTED ABOVE

This article wonders if its Vilmas idea

http://content.usato.../1#.UDUywtZlR4f

DirectTV commercial outtakes.

Oh my god. So funny! Von Miller said one thing he didn't know about Peyton before this training camp and he knows now is that he is a funny guy.

Good point. There's nothing like another beauty to make you forget.

Run D of Broncos will keep Peyton off the field just like when was with the colts & we had poor Run D

Also Broncos need to run well themselves

I'm afraid you are right here. It's strange; we've always been able to stop the run and run ourselves. I guess all is impermanent.

Oh my god. So funny! Von Miller said one thing he didn't know about Peyton before this training camp and he knows now is that he is a funny guy.

Good point. There's nothing like another beauty to make you forget.

I'm afraid you are right here. It's strange; we've always been able to stop the run and run ourselves. I guess all is impermanent.

Not all there is still Motherly Love, anyway I am going over to see her now

I really cant believe the actions of some of the so called professionals

D.J. Williams’ restaurant takes jab at Goodell

Let’s review D.J. Williams‘ life since early March:

March 9
: D.J. is suspended
after violating the league’s Substance Abuse Policy.

June 8
: D.J.
of a play from Denver’s playbook, causing a stir among fans and the media.

June 21
: D.J.’s lawsuit against the league

July 12
: Reports emerge that D.J.
NFL urine tests three times.

August 6
: D.J. is listed
on the team’s first depth chart, but hasn’t participated in any team drills at training camp.

August 15
: D.J. was found guilty of
, which could result in additional discipline from the league.

That’s quite the summer of incidents for D.J., who has nobody but himself to blame for his troubles. But D.J. is somewhat understandably frustrated with the man disciplining him—NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

I understand why they are doing this, but DJ is such a knucklehead. I'm ready to let him go.

I understand why they are doing this, but DJ is such a knucklehead. I'm ready to let him go.

as 2nd article says maybe its Vilma, they both hate the man, not sure about beason, all 3 are owners cso must take responcibility & Vilmna suinfg maybe cant talk to him if he happens to be there and better to avoid issues , as said I'm Off , Bye

u always get on around 3:30 to 4 ESTERN, just when things get real hectic for me

good article on RT harris, as Denver contemplated before Kupers injury and maybe still to move Franklyn from RT to a guard and maybe Harris to RT

Not flattering in end as

And scouts around the league believe those surgeries ( 3 back surgeries ) have taken their toll, that Harris doesn't play with the athleticism and flexibility in his hips that he did early in his career.

Harris has worked with the second- or third-team offense in training camp this time around. He has been formally listed as Franklin's backup on the right side. However, Chris Clark has played, in practice and in games, as the first tackle off the bench.

Clark also lines up as the team's extra tight end in heavy formations.

And two other reserves — Tony Hills and Adam Grant — have both taken snaps at tackle and guard, which gives them both more versatility as backups since Harris largely plays one position at this point, right tackle.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21375003/where-does-ryan-harris-fit-broncos-offensive-line

good article on RT harris, as Denver contemplated before Kupers injury and maybe still to move Franklyn from RT to a guard and maybe Harris to RT

Not flattering in end as

And scouts around the league believe those surgeries ( 3 back surgeries ) have taken their toll, that Harris doesn't play with the athleticism and flexibility in his hips that he did early in his career.

Harris has worked with the second- or third-team offense in training camp this time around. He has been formally listed as Franklin's backup on the right side. However, Chris Clark has played, in practice and in games, as the first tackle off the bench.

Clark also lines up as the team's extra tight end in heavy formations.

And two other reserves — Tony Hills and Adam Grant — have both taken snaps at tackle and guard, which gives them both more versatility as backups since Harris largely plays one position at this point, right tackle.

http://www.denverpos...-offensive-line

Always nice getting some early scoop on the Broncs Barry.....a quick note...Mom and Pops now both are covered LTC.....what a fight...have a great day....

Formation of Broncos defensive line calls for tough roster decisions

The Broncos have not, at least publicly, declared Jason Hunter out for the season, despite the fact he suffered a torn triceps injury. The recovery time is at least four months, so carrying Hunter on the 53-man roster because he might be able to play in December is a difficult decision to make.

The decision is more difficult since the Broncos will also be carrying injured right guard Chris Kuper on the active roster to open the season. Kuper suffered a fractured bone in his left forearm last week and is likely looking at a recovery time closer to seven or eight weeks rather than the four to six weeks the Broncos hope to see.

So, carrying two injured players on a 53-player roster, where every spot is a premium, would create some depth issues elsewhere.

a discussion of players that are active to choose from follows

:Formation of Broncos defensive line calls for tough roster decisions - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz24Mqz1IsX

Always nice getting some early scoop on the Broncs Barry.....a quick note...Mom and Pops now both are covered LTC.....what a fight...have a great day....

Good for them, wish my mom had it and wish i could of but disabled so young couldn't, as long as my personal disability insurance company doesn't go bankrupt I should be OK

I highly doubt will be on tommorow, having a procedure, but u never know maybe late afternoon, will see how feel, know u wish all will go OK, sure it will

I got to watch most of the first half and I have to agree with you almost completely. I thought Peyton looked good while others need improvement. I'll give McCoy the benefit of the doubt this being preseason and all, but run D is a big problem.

HERE IS MORE OBJECTIVE ON McCOY ALSO SAYS TOO CONSERVATIVE

NFL Head Coach Power Rankings

• By Gregg Rosenthal , NFL.Com
  • Around The League editor

Prove me wrong: Mike Shanahan and John Fox

Two big names we don't quite trust. Shanahan exercises too much personnel power and he's 35-45 over his last five seasons.

Fox is solid, but can become too conservative

http://www.nfl.com/n...-power-rankings

PS - on Pagano - not enough info they say