Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Training Camp

Gavin

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ the idea of bandwagon fans ... where will they all be if the Bronchos finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs this season? IF that does happen I hope Tebow gets the starting job quick and takes the Jets to the SB....

Tebow taking the Jets to the Super Bowl??>??

What happens to New Engand in this secnario?

I wanted to like so many of the posts you have above here, but I have reached my quota and it won't let me--so know that I like all that you've said buddy!

I like to believe the same as you, that Indiana would be his first choice to come back to, but time will tell. There is a possibility that he will want to go back to Louisiana...if I'm honest and set my hopes and bias aside I would say that #1 is tied btwn Indiana and Louisiana with #2 going to Tennessee. That being said, I still believe that when he retires from playing he will end up back with the Colts either in the FO or as HC. Time will tell, but Peyton loves football too much for me to believe he will just be done with it when he retires...your thoughts buddy?

I love your new Edgerrin James quote BTW. Sweet! Thank you for your nice complements on my behalf as well. As far as my thoughts are concerned, Peyton will be coming back to Indianapolis to set down his retirement roots for good.

I see Peyton working as an analyst for the NFL Network working right beside Marshall Faulk and Rich Eisen and perhaps doing some broadcast duties with the Colts broadcasting legend Bob Lamey during home LOS games too. Peyton would be a fantastic analyst breaking down game film IMO. Talk about an in depth look and understanding of what every QB is thinking...Wow!!! Now, that is TV magic in a bottle if you ask me.

Whatever #18 decides to do as a second career, he will apply the same relentless work ethic to it, he will excel at his new craft, and he will be simply extraordinary and phenomenal at it. No doubt in my mind.

Very true BayArea. More people finally can appreciate Peyton for the football genius he is. (But I'm still gonna think of him as ours--the Colts ;) )

I also think this is an important thing for him--playing for another team. I say that because there are those skeptics and critics that say he wasn't as good as everyone says he is. He only won 1 SB (let's not get into the fact that this ticks me off--a great QB is a great QB no matter the # of SB wins--it takes a TEAM to win a SB, not just one man, but that's another soap box for another time), it was his coaching staff, yadi yadi yada. Playing for the Broncos will cement his greatness for all (IMO). He will succeed and do well, and honestly I hope above hope that he gets another SB win.

We will take care of him until he is done, and he'll be yours forever. That's what I feel like at the moment. Ask me again when we win two SB. haha

And I don't think he needs to lift a finger to cement his greatness. I just hope it continues for us a while longer.

One last point regarding Peyton's second career after his professional football career is over:

I just hope that both he and Tom Brady retire at the same time, go into the NFL HOF class together, and work together as TV football analysts. I just have a ton of respect for both #18 and #12 as men, as QB's, as humanitarians, and they both have sharp minds and an equally sharp sense of humor and wit IMO. That's my 2 :2c: anyway. Will this happen? Highly unlikely, but it would be cool if it unfolded just as I suggested...When you dream, dream BIG right?

I like to see the Denver fans excited about Peyton Manning and I hope he has a good season. However, what if Denver somehow doesn't make the playoffs? Will the fans still be there if the team falls short? I would hope that they will support Manning no matter what, not just because they expect to make the playoffs. Have to wait and see what happens.

I can only speak for myself but I really feel Denver fans are great. I cannot imagine any scenario that fans will turn against Peyton. If we don't do well, I don't think it's because of Peyton unless he is not fully healthy. Either way, it's not his fault. I view this as no brainer thing to try. If he doesn't work out, we've lost nothing but Tebow, who I am only happy to be without. The craze that came with him was simply too much. I don't blame Tebow for that, but it was getting really hard to separate him from it. I think Peyton will do great things in Denver. But if he doesn't, it's only because of his health, and no one sane will blame him for that.

We will take care of him until he is done, and he'll be yours forever. That's what I feel like at the moment. Ask me again when we win two SB. haha

And I don't think he needs to lift a finger to cement his greatness. I just hope it continues for us a while longer.

Yoda AKA Peyton Manning will be the 1st QB in NFL history to win 2 SuperBowls with 2 different franchises. I can feel it down to my bones. Denver is a great city and a great franchise and I'm just glad that Peyton has the pieces in place to pull off another Lombardi victory or two. Great point BayAreaBronco!!!

Yoda AKA Peyton Manning will be the 1st QB in NFL history to win 2 SuperBowls with 2 different franchises. I can feel it down to my bones. Denver is a great city and a great franchise and I'm just glad that Peyton has the pieces in place to pull off another Lombardi victory or two. Great point BayAreaBronco!!!

That would be truly amazing, wouldn't it? I hope our organization is ready to do their part!

That would be truly amazing, wouldn't it? I hope our organization is ready to do their part!

Traditionally..Denver has a monster home field advantage....

..and the No-huddle quick pass attack Manning likes could roast good defenses.....just like John E. used to do...

I can see a Denver-New England AFC title game ..

..a game that would break every TV viewing record short of Super Bowls..

I can only speak for myself but I really feel Denver fans are great. I cannot imagine any scenario that fans will turn against Peyton. If we don't do well, I don't think it's because of Peyton unless he is not fully healthy. Either way, it's not his fault. I view this as no brainer thing to try. If he doesn't work out, we've lost nothing but Tebow, who I am only happy to be without. The craze that came with him was simply too much. I don't blame Tebow for that, but it was getting really hard to separate him from it. I think Peyton will do great things in Denver. But if he doesn't, it's only because of his health, and no one sane will blame him for that.

Thank you for that sound reasoning BayAreaBronco. All of Colts Nation just applauded you for that.

With Peyton, it all begins with the offensive line and protection, sprinkle that with consistent RB play of 4-6 yards per carry on the ground, reliable pass rushing mayhem, and a ball hawking secondary and the victories will fall into place and take care of themselves. My point is if everyone fulfills their role on the Broncos squad and does their job, Peyton won't have to be the savior and work miracles.

With Peyton, it's all about mental manipulation anyway not arm strength or physical health. #18 will be just fine IMO.

Traditionally..Denver has a monster home field advantage....

..and the No-huddle quick pass attack Manning likes could roast good defenses.....just like John E. used to do...

I can see a Denver-New England AFC title game ..

..a game that would break every TV viewing record short of Super Bowls..

I cannot help but be uplifted by all you guys optimism! It will please me to no end to beat Belichick.

With Peyton, it all begins with the offensive line and protection, sprinkle that with consistent RB play of 4-6 yards per carry on the ground, reliable pass rushing mayhem, and a ball hawking secondary and the victories will fall into place and take care of themselves. My point is if everyone fulfills their role on the Broncos squad and does their job, Peyton won't have to be the savior and work miracles.

Yeah, you nailed that. That's the crux, isn't it? I'm not worried about out O-line and pass rush. But we got an aging RB and an RB who never fulfilled his promise. And cannot say we have a ball hawking secondary... But it will help to have Peyton directing our running plays (Andrew did this well at Stanford, BTW), and keeping the defense off the filed...

Very true BayArea. More people finally can appreciate Peyton for the football genius he is. (But I'm still gonna think of him as ours--the Colts ;) )

I also think this is an important thing for him--playing for another team. I say that because there are those skeptics and critics that say he wasn't as good as everyone says he is. He only won 1 SB (let's not get into the fact that this ticks me off--a great QB is a great QB no matter the # of SB wins--it takes a TEAM to win a SB, not just one man, but that's another soap box for another time), it was his coaching staff, yadi yadi yada. Playing for the Broncos will cement his greatness for all (IMO). He will succeed and do well, and honestly I hope above hope that he gets another SB win.

Preach it from the rooftops CP11!!! San Diego is the only real hiccup in that AFC West Division. The Raiders keep killing themselves with penalties every single year. Kansas City does not have a franchise QB in Matt Cassel. Phillip Rivers does scare me though. He is a very dangerous and highly capable QB IMO. But, Philip has not had Yoda in his division ever before either.

That division comes down to San Diego and Denver and the pass rushing defense on both sides and their ability to rattle and disrupt Manning and Rivers plain and simple.

Personally I think it comes down to Chiefs and Broncos in that division, thats not to say the Chargers wont hang around, but they lost a key O Lineman and they replaced there #1 wide receiver with a #2 as well as they lost Tolbert, Rivers is very good but he cracks under pressure in crunch time

Preach it from the rooftops CP11!!! San Diego is the only real hiccup in that AFC West Division. The Raiders keep killing themselves with penalties every single year. Kansas City does not have a franchise QB in Matt Cassel. Phillip Rivers does scare me though. He is a very dangerous and highly capable QB IMO. But, Philip has not had Yoda in his division ever before either.

That division comes down to San Diego and Denver and the pass rushing defense on both sides and their ability to rattle and disrupt Manning and Rivers plain and simple.

Thanks buddy :)

IMO you are right on about Rivers. I've always said if he would grow up and stop trying to be the loud mouth playboy and actually focus on playing football that Rivers could and would be dangerous to any team in his way. He has tons of talent and he has leadership abilities...dude just needs to grow up a bit. You are also right that he has never had to face The General before...wonder what Phillip will do when he is actually playing greatness... ... ...

Matt Cassel is a good QB, but I'm with Gavin that I wouldn't count the Cheifs out of the race...but I don't expect them to beat PM and the Broncos though.

110 TDs to beat Favre (average of 27.5 TDs if he plays 4 seasons), 13,411 yards to beat Favre (probably can be done in 3 seasons) - those are 2 marks I want Peyton to beat Favre in.

Not sure how many others records are in sight where Peyton can overcome Favre in.

IMO you are right on about Rivers. I've always said if he would grow up and stop trying to be the loud mouth playboy and actually focus on playing football that Rivers could and would be dangerous to any team in his way. He has tons of talent and he has leadership abilities...dude just needs to grow up a bit. You are also right that he has never had to face The General before...wonder what Phillip will do when he is actually playing greatness... ... ...

Matt Cassel is a good QB, but I'm with Gavin that I wouldn't count the Cheifs out of the race...but I don't expect them to beat PM and the Broncos though.

Unfortunately Philip Rivers is 5 wins and 2 losses against The General so Rivers has gotten the best of Manning in terms of win-loss since Rivers came into the league in '04

Unfortunately Philip Rivers is 5 wins and 2 losses against The General so Rivers has gotten the best of Manning in terms of win-loss since Rivers came into the league in '04

You'll have to pardon me, perhaps I am confused, but I dont remember Peyton ever playing against Rivers. What I do remember is Peyton and company playing against the Chargers and Co. And in those wins/losses, that was a result of team play.. correct me if I am wrong.

You'll have to pardon me, perhaps I am confused, but I dont remember Peyton ever playing against Rivers. What I do remember is Peyton and company playing against the Chargers and Co. And in those wins/losses, that was a result of team play.. correct me if I am wrong.

you get a cookie for your profound wisdom

"You are also right that he has never had to face The General before...wonder what Phillip will do when he is actually playing greatness".. ... ...

Thats what was stated in that sentence, that Peyton played Rivers I was just stating what Mannings record was against Philip Rivers and the rest of the Chargers.

A team is only as good as their quarterback allows them to be.

Actually since Rivers became Quarterback the Chargers faced the Colts 5 times and in that time the Chargers are 4-1 the other times Rivers has been in the league since '04 but wasn't the starter that year or '05

I cannot help but be uplifted by all you guys optimism! It will please me to no end to beat Belichick.

Little FYI tell all Bronco's fan that when Peyton takes the field, it's an unofficial tradition that the whole stadium go quiet so the Sheriff can conjure up a play. That and it's awesome to hear him call audibles and point out assignments or who is blitzing

Little FYI tell all Bronco's fan that when Peyton takes the field, it's an unofficial tradition that the whole stadium go quiet so the Sheriff can conjure up a play. That and it's awesome to hear him call audibles and point out assignments or who is blitzing

They will have no trouble with that!

Great advice there AC17. Bravo!!! :thmup:

you get a cookie for your profound wisdom

"You are also right that he has never had to face The General before...wonder what Phillip will do when he is actually playing greatness".. ... ...

Thats what was stated in that sentence, that Peyton played Rivers I was just stating what Mannings record was against Philip Rivers and the rest of the Chargers.

Easy gentlemen, I made a mistake. I had a lapse in brain function and forgot that Gavin is correct in stating that the Chargers and the Colts have played each other since Rivers became a starter. No sense in snipping at each other about it. Besides, when I stated about Rivers and Peyton not having (but actually have) met on the field, of course everyone knows that the rest of both teams where there and had an effect on the outcome. Nothing to start an agrument about.

The main point of my post was that Rivers indeed could be an excellent QB if he stopped horsing around and focused on his abilities and allowed himself to excel. The particular sentence that is being tossed around is actually not the most important of my post, so please excuse my error and let's move on. Thanks so much!

I love your new Edgerrin James quote BTW. Sweet! .

I forgot to say earlier that when I heard the Edge was going into the Ring of Honor I knew I had to highlight him for a week or so. I loved watching good ole #32 run the ball in the blue and white. A well deserved induction in my humble opinion. :)

I forgot to say earlier that when I heard the Edge was going into the Ring of Honor I knew I had to highlight him for a week or so. I loved watching good ole #32 run the ball in the blue and white. A well deserved induction in my humble opinion. :)

Very much so.

I have a question for 2 NE Patriots friends of mine on this site that I enjoy reading here frequently named GoPats and ViriLudant:

How good is Matt Cassel as a QB? Where would you 2 put his football I.Q. on a scale of 1-10? Would you say Cassel's success when Brady was out due to a knee injury in 2008 was a product of the system, Bill Belicheck, or Cassel's intellect and ability to adapt and learn on the fly? In your mind, can he lead the Chiefs to a division title under Coach Romeo Crennel? I value both your opinions on the Cassel question tremendously. What is your 1st hand assessment of Cassel as a field general overall since you both saw him up close in Foxboro? Is Cassel a legitimate starter in your eyes? Yes or No and why?

Thanks GoPats and ViriLudant I really appreciate your feedback.

SW, I think that Cassel is solid; not fantastic. He's not the best at progressing through his reads. His O-line was godawful last year, similar to Peyton's in 2010.

I doubt that the Chiefs can beat the Broncos out for the AFCW title this year.

I don't think it would be because of Cassel, but because of an overall lack of talent on the Chiefs.

(null)

I had to laugh at ESPN drooling over the 4,000 fans at Bronco's training camp, as if it were impressive.

There were 13,609 at the Patriots' camp today .

(null)

the patriots play in one of the most densely populated parts of the country. denver is a relatively small town in comparison. doesn't make one superior to the other

SW, I think that Cassel is solid; not fantastic. He's not the best at progressing through his reads. His O-line was godawful last year, similar to Peyton's in 2010.

I doubt that the Chiefs can beat the Broncos out for the AFCW title this year.

I don't think it would be because of Cassel, but because of an overall lack of talent on the Chiefs.

(null)

Thanks VL. That is pretty much my read on Cassel too. He can't anticipate throws very well & WR Dwayne Bo seems to be his security blanket. Double team Bo and Cassel has problems. I do like Coach Crennel though a brilliant defensive mind. He always gave Peyton fits.

Weird thing about the Chiefs though....They have had high ranking draft picks for several years on both side of the ball. When will the light switch flip on and these draft picks produce on the field?

Another reason I respect NE: If you don't produce within a year or 2, they will release you ASAP. Production is KING in Foxboro. I love that about your franchise!!!