Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

new irsay tweet

HtownColt

When has he bought the free agency i dont recall him signing no big time player in free agency un less you call Jason Terry years back.Cuban sticks up for his players he is a true player's owner gotta love that

"Cuban sticks up for his players he is a true player's owner gotta love that" - This is why I say if you are a Dallas fan. He is one of the most loyal owners when it comes to his team. He will do whatever he can in his power for his team to succeed. But the way that fans of other teams view him (I am speaking for what comments I have seen about him by others and my personal feelings) this loyalty leads to arrogance. For example, last year, the lowly Hornets were making a play to sign Corey Brewer and almost did it if it wasn't for Cuban. Cuban complained to Stern and Stern did not allow the signing because of some salary cap technicality. In turn, Cuban signed Brewer to the Mavs. Also, when the league-owned Hornets made a trade for Carl Landry, he was the only owner documented that had a problem with the trade. He has other arrogant moments but I used this one just because it was the only one in my head at the time.

Now for buying the FA, the year they won the championship. Even though they did not get any superstars (even though he was trying to lure D-Will, which still may happen, to Dallas and Dwight) he Caron, Vince, Tyson, and others. That year when they won the championship, they had the highest payroll in the NBA. It's not a coincidence that two teams that were in the top 5 as far as salaries were in the Finals.

Don't get me wrong, he is a good owner, but that's from inside. On the outside looking in, it's a different perspective.

I'm guessing you didn't get my sarcasm. These words mean nothing to me because they are only there for excuses to distract fans, and make him sleep better at night for what he did. Just like his excuse of our "money issues." Yes, we did have a tight budget this year. Next year we have boats loads of money. Even with Peyton, Dallas, Jeff, and Addai. With them combined they would have counted for $32ish million cap hit. That still like 38ish million for next year. So if Dallas and Joseph failed the physical then Peyton and Jeff would be worth a $24ish million cap hit. Leaving $46ish million. But these are all smoke screens by Irsay. And most people believe them.

Also letting half of your offense go/walk is stripping a team.

This duel QB threat I'm curious to why you think this. No one other than Andrew, barring from injury, is touching the field.

Also an improved running game really? I'm not going into this for the thousandth time. Brown, as many of you want to think, did not have that stellar year. The only difference is he got to carry the ball more. Also when the offense started to pull together in the final 5 games Donald's play dropped off, excluding the Titans game which was only a result of poor tackling and a broken play in the backfield on the Titans.

But you can't change the past and Andrew is out guy now. Just will it have been worth it is the question.

How many of the players we cut got picked up yet?? NONE Irsay got rid of them at the right time somewhat how Billichek gets rid of his players at the right time(Seymour,Vrabel,McGinnest,Moss etc) them colts players were on the downhill of their careers or just constantly hurt..I wouldnt have released them all at the same time but all of them wouldve been gone in a year or two

Had a pretty decent running game last year. Considering that the G-Men had the league's worst rushing attack and we were middle of the road, I'd say your assessment is off base.

Have to agree Donald showed he could run a lil last year and even blocked better.Not saying great,but definately not bad either let's give him a chance to keep his job.For this year anyways.Been saying since i joined Colts will win AFC South in 2013 not that many pieces needed to Whoop Texans.And we have boo koo cap dollars next year and another draft GO Blue 10-6 this year.

How many of the players we cut got picked up yet?? NONE Irsay got rid of them at the right time somewhat how Billichek gets rid of his players at the right time(Seymour,Vrabel,McGinnest,Moss etc) them colts players were on the downhill of their careers or just constantly hurt..I wouldnt have released them all at the same time but all of them wouldve been gone in a year or two

That's why I said if they truly failed the physical they would have been released. Thus only keeping Jeff and Peyton.

Had a pretty decent running game last year. Considering that the G-Men had the league's worst rushing attack and we were middle of the road, I'd say your assessment is off base.

NFL ranked 26th (6th from the bottom) is not my definition of decent. In fact it is far from it.

NFL ranked 26th (6th from the bottom) is not my definition of decent. In fact it is far from it.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_AVERAGE_YARDS&tabSeq=2&season=2011&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=true

I tend to go by average rather than total yards. If the QB had been more competent, we would have had more opportunity to run the ball. A 4.2 YPC average is decent. We tied for 15th in the league with Miami, Tampa Bay, and Arizona. Considering the Pats, Packers, and G-Men all averaged 4 yards or less per carry, I have come to the conclusion that a dominant running game is not a good barometer for success in the modern NFL.....although it is nice to have.